There are 236 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like.... I like....
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I love it when they can't compete!!
hot sh*t niners, show em who runs the bay
Originally posted by GoNiners:
it's against garbage players apparently it's frowned upon to be happy about that

Right. How dare our players perform well when they get the chance:)
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
This is what they mean by ramming it down their throats......running game baby....smashmouth......

Singletary understands what Lombardi said:

"Football is blocking and tackling."

There's not much more to it than that, it's still what it is.
what does singletary have in that zip loc bag

we got to see miller block, i'm a fan
we should get a sunflower seed sponorship after todays game
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by BMoore56:
does any1 kno if u can watch regular season niner games on justin.tv?

Yeah but it can be hit or miss with the quality.

im gettin pretty good quality rite now
Originally posted by TEXAS49ER69:
This is what they mean by ramming it down their throats......running game baby....smashmouth......

Maybe this is the reason that Cable broke the D-Line coaches jaw.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Just a little perspective.

MD. Had he played in the first half against the starters I am pretty confidant that he would have surpassed Smith's 4.2 passing rating...oh wait that must have been his GPA.

Wow Russell sounds dumb
Originally posted by ttime1:
Back away from the bottle, my friends.

Davis is competing against a ton of guys who will not be employed by the Raiders in about three weeks, not against an All-Pro CB and a group of starters.

The Raiders pass defense was 9th in the NFL in pass defense in 2008, so comparing our first team QB playing against a very good Raiders' starting pass defense with Davis facing a group of third and fourth stringers is unrealistic.

King of trash time, king of trash time. That's all.

I don't care. He performed against who he was playing against as oppose to Alex's whopping 4.2 passing rating in a preseason game.

The competition he is playing against means everything. Davis is competing against a bunch of guys who are not going to be in the league soon. There is a big difference between Nate Clements and Word-Daniels, right?

Quit it with the condescension already, no one is seriously calling for him to start or calling him a pro bowler. It's just nice to see the kid flash some talent, and when we see that we feel like he can develop over the next couple of years into a pretty good QB. At least that's what we hope. Why don't you step down off your high horse for a little while and be a fan.
Damn Russell sounds worse than gore
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You can say what you want about trash time, but Davis is playing mostly against guys drafted higher or at where he was and looks good, so it's kind of relative. Those guys are trying to make their teams too. For a rookie, his passes look good and he has poise.

Got to like what we have seen so far. I think he has a chance to move past Huard.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dammit it was a penalty. That was awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone