LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 380 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Going to the game tonight!

Damn its cold in SF compared to NYC. Had to buy a long sleeve undershirt

It's currently 92 here in FL
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Oh great, Alex Smith is starting.

Oh great another blind Smith hating post

Oh great another Alex Smith homer.

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?

Bad decision making???? I thought he held onto the ball because he was to careful? Which one is it cause you can't really be both

When did I ever say that he was toO careful?

oh dear god!! Please help us all. It is pretty well known that the reason that Smith holds on to the ball so long is because he doesn't trust his receivers(and for good reason. Just look at the 07 season with all the droppsies) and he doens't want to give the ball up. It is not like he just likes the feel of the ball in his hand. If you are going to bash the guy at least know what you are talking about

Oh dear! This man is coming up with more Alexcuses! I actually haven't heard that one before, but I'll add it to my list of Alexcuses.

How is that an excuse??? Even the coaches have said that he holds onto the ball to long for that reason. Again if you are going to bash the guy know what you're talking about.

Instead of barbecuing up a bunch of bs that the coaches supposedly said why don't you provide me with some evidence since you know what you're talking about.

You act like this is old news? Just answer this, Has Alex Smith been accused of holding onto the football to long?

Here is a snipet from ESPN.com

Singletary talked about how he wants to see Smith protect the ball, get rid of the ball quickly and avoid mistakes. That second item -- getting rid of the ball quickly -- comes with being confident and decisive. Smith needs to project those things to the offense and the team if he expects to win this job. I do not see evidence that he has done that convincingly.

But your right I am just making it up

He's not confident? I knew that! Sorry, but it doesn't say anything about him having confidence in his receivers.

who else is not going to be confident about? He has put the ball on the money in the receivers hands in the past just to have the ball bounce out. He knows he can make the throws. The receivers just couldn't catch the ball in the past. Now that he has a new WR corps that actually hang onto the ball he is showing confidence. Coincidence? Probably not.

I agree that the receivers dropped a lot of balls, but you still have to make the throws and show that you have confidence. It's not his fault if the receivers don't hang onto the ball.

That is why he didn't have confidence in the RECEIVERS!!!!!!

it still takes good, quick decision making which is obvious he hasnt been able to develope. Everyone can see it, when Hill is on the field, the fans aren't nervous...we know we have a chance....with smith, we are waiting...for a turnover, or a fumble, or a sack or w/e
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Going to the game tonight!

Damn its cold in SF compared to NYC. Had to buy a long sleeve undershirt

I'll be there, always. And remember to dress like you're going to Reno in the winter. It can get really cold when the sun goes behind the mountain.
Let's go niners,
I had a dream that Ahmad Brooks broke out and had 3 sacks, and supplanted Manny Lawson, hahaha

Think again there smart guy. I am pro Smith and Hill. Who ever can win games is who I want to be the starting QB. And I agree with you Smith haters that currently at this time Hill gives us the best opportunity to win. It is called being reasonable and thinking logically.

I do think logically. Why would anyone want a quarterback starting for their team with a bum shoulder, bad decision making, bad mechanics, and a slow release?

Bad decision making???? I thought he held onto the ball because he was to careful? Which one is it cause you can't really be both

oh dear god!! Please help us all. It is pretty well known that the reason that Smith holds on to the ball so long is because he doesn't trust his receivers(and for good reason. Just look at the 07 season with all the droppsies) and he doens't want to give the ball up. It is not like he just likes the feel of the ball in his hand. If you are going to bash the guy at least know what you are talking about

Oh dear! This man is coming up with more Alexcuses! I actually haven't heard that one before, but I'll add it to my list of Alexcuses.

How is that an excuse??? Even the coaches have said that he holds onto the ball to long for that reason. Again if you are going to bash the guy know what you're talking about.

Instead of barbecuing up a bunch of bs that the coaches supposedly said why don't you provide me with some evidence since you know what you're talking about.

You act like this is old news? Just answer this, Has Alex Smith been accused of holding onto the football to long?

Singletary talked about how he wants to see Smith protect the ball, get rid of the ball quickly and avoid mistakes. That second item -- getting rid of the ball quickly -- comes with being confident and decisive. Smith needs to project those things to the offense and the team if he expects to win this job. I do not see evidence that he has done that convincingly.

He's not confident? I knew that! Sorry, but it doesn't say anything about him having confidence in his receivers.

who else is not going to be confident about? He has put the ball on the money in the receivers hands in the past just to have the ball bounce out. He knows he can make the throws. The receivers just couldn't catch the ball in the past. Now that he has a new WR corps that actually hang onto the ball he is showing confidence. Coincidence? Probably not.

I agree that the receivers dropped a lot of balls, but you still have to make the throws and show that you have confidence. It's not his fault if the receivers don't hang onto the ball.

-9fA
I'll be in san francisco for the rams game, guys plz keep me updated on the game I live in minnesota and all they talk about around here is bret fart.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Smith holds on to the ball too long because he's not "confident" in himself. Wam bam thank you ma'am!
Positive: They show Raider preseason games in LA.

Negative: Must endure the Raider broadcast.
Originally posted by Niner3030:

i hate the raiders broadcast. they talk them up like they actually are somebody.....lol
their sideline reporter always ask stupid questions.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by Niner3030:

i hate the raiders broadcast. they talk them up like they actually are somebody.....lol
their sideline reporter always ask stupid questions.

They make it sound like every 7th round draft pick or undrafted guy is going to make the pro-bowl. Don't get me started on how much they all suck up to Al Davis.
I'm sure this has already been posted and talked about in this thread(I'm too lazy to look) but what will A. Smith be accomplishing if he has a good game against the Raiders? After all, it is the Raiders! I'd much rather see what he can do next week against Dallas' starters than against the Raiders.

Now, if Alex bombs against the Raiders tonight, I think the competition is over.

I really hope he gets a chance to throw 10-15 passes tonight so everyone can get a feel for where he is right now.
If anyone is at the game. Hit me up. I'm wearing a thowback Montana jersey and a hat. 951-454-3575
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
If anyone is at the game. Hit me up. I'm wearing a thowback Montana jersey and a hat. 951-454-3575

I'm super late
Share 49ersWebzone