There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jones Suffers Shoulder Fracture (Out 8 to 10 Weeks)

Instead of myself drudging through 8 pages of niner talk greatness what exactly is fractured in his shoulder? Depending on what is actually broke 8 weeks might be optimistic.
Originally posted by fister30:
Instead of myself drudging through 8 pages of niner talk greatness what exactly is fractured in his shoulder? Depending on what is actually broke 8 weeks might be optimistic.

Pretty sure they didn't give all the details yet, just the time frame.
This was Matt Maiocco's most recent tweet...

"How does Jones injury affect Crabtree negotiations? It does not. The 49ers still have "fair" offer on table for the 10th overall pick"

Do you guys think the injury has any bearing over the urgency in which Scotty and the rest of the negotiating group try to get Crabtree into camp or is it a non issue?

I agree with MM... don't think it will affect it...
I believe the 49ers are going to stick to their guns, which is to make their offer decision on precedence of what a #10 pick should be getting. I beleive they will not sign him if he really does hold out for a contract as big as Bey's.
Crabtree has proven NOTHING in the NFL, period!

The dude needs to get his silly butt in camp and prove he is a quality NFL WR.

And tell his cousin to pipe down. no one drafted his silly butt, stay out of the picture!
no. the injury is not super serious. he will be back in 2 weeks. wont effect contract negotiations. even if he was out 2 months, still wouldnt change anything.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
no. the injury is not super serious. he will be back in 2 weeks. wont effect contract negotiations. even if he was out 2 months, still wouldnt change anything.

2 weeks? Where have you been? lol It's a Small shoulder fracture and they are confirming 2 months or 8 weeks. Whatever you want to call it. It's all over... you haven't seen it?

jones should not effect the negotiations.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

jones should not effect the negotiations.

Nope.... Crabtree's cousin did that already with his mouth.
The Niners will NOT give him DHB's contract. If they do, then the 13th pick if not signed will want 10-pick money since he was picked 3 slots after Crabtree.

The "this is where I was supposed to be drafted" case doesn't work. In that case, Aaron Rogers could have gotten Alex Smith money.
Originally posted by fister30:

I was thinking the samething, those shoulder injuries are no joke.
damn!!! this sucks. i expected him and morgan to start. do u guys think Crabby gained any leverage at all with this injury?
This better not have any effect on the Crabtree contract. Let the loser sit out and learn his lesson.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 7, 2009 at 14:03:04 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Damn, we down again to the receivers we had last year. Come on, get Crabtree signed.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Damn, we down again to the receivers we had last year. Come on, get Crabtree signed.

true but morgan will be healthy and Hill looked promising last year once he got a shot to play. i still think were in god shape, he'll only be out for 2 or 3 regular season games. not the end of the world. i hope the niners dont cave in to crabby's bulls**t. he should get what he's supposed to get, not what he wants to get.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home