LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

just curious

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Root for the team overall and especially for the players and coaches your like. The players you don't like, as long as you feel they hurt the team when on the field, you are free to bash them. Its all for the team. Like right now, we can bash Crabs for being a p***y. But still root for the guys working hard out there.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dugo:
I'm just curious to get some opinions about what some people think the role of a 49er fan is??? Is it to support and root for them,or to bash them?
The reason I ask this is I read all the posts and most of the comments everyday on the zone and respect everyone and their opinions.But I got to wonder why some completely bash or put down our HC,OC,DC and the players we have? Case in point,in one thread the OC is being fired and we haven't even played one game yet.
Of course there are players and coaches I haven't liked or didn't think they were a good fit for the 9ers but I never stopped pulling for them. But that's me,I'll do whatever I can to encourage,back up and support the red and gold.....regardless!!!
I do expect to get some heat over this post and that's cool. Again I'm just curious about your opinion on this subject. With respect Dugo

Some of us old guys remember when the 49ers were a first class organization, we
had the best owner, coaches and players. Some of us are rather upset at how far the organization has fallen since Eddie D was run out of town. Sometimes I wish
I was too young to remember the good ole days. On a guess it is probably us older members that are the toughest on this team, been a fan since the early 70's.
Here's another welcome to the ZONE dugo. Thank god most fans on here support the team and keep it real. It's too bad that we don't have a BLOCK OUT feature on here for those extremely negative fans who take it to the ENTH DEGREE before our team even plays a game. There are only a couple of fans that are like little broken records playing over and over.

GO NINER'S

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 6, 2009 at 07:47:58 ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by dugo:
I'm just curious to get some opinions about what some people think the role of a 49er fan is??? Is it to support and root for them,or to bash them?
The reason I ask this is I read all the posts and most of the comments everyday on the zone and respect everyone and their opinions.But I got to wonder why some completely bash or put down our HC,OC,DC and the players we have? Case in point,in one thread the OC is being fired and we haven't even played one game yet.
Of course there are players and coaches I haven't liked or didn't think they were a good fit for the 9ers but I never stopped pulling for them. But that's me,I'll do whatever I can to encourage,back up and support the red and gold.....regardless!!!
I do expect to get some heat over this post and that's cool. Again I'm just curious about your opinion on this subject. With respect Dugo

Some of us old guys remember when the 49ers were a first class organization, we
had the best owner, coaches and players. Some of us are rather upset at how far the organization has fallen since Eddie D was run out of town. Sometimes I wish
I was too young to remember the good ole days. On a guess it is probably us older members that are the toughest on this team, been a fan since the early 70's.

In all fairness Eddie got himself involved in some shady dealing and got himself run outta town.Hopefully he will help his young nephew make the right decisions.
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Welcome dugo........There is no loyalty test before posting. You gotta love those who are critical before any games have been played.......right. Personally I do think that you can still support the team and yet also be critical of obvious flaws. The internet does give anonymity to some with foolish statements or their own personal agenda.

A truer statement does not exist.
Share 49ersWebzone