There are 235 users in the forums

Conservative offenses

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Teams with low-scoring offenses can sometimes beat better teams because if the score is low, the game is close and they can sometimes steal one.

The problem is that it also keeps the inferior teams they play in the game as well. They get hope and confidence. Sometimes they can steal a game themselves that way.

So, if the 9er offense is as conservative and low-scoring as many fear, expect to beat a better team or two, and expect to lose to some inferior ones.
The way i look at it is we are going to try to score as many points as possible, so i dont buy into that.
I hope we try to score everytime we take the field whether it is quick strike or methodical march down the field!
If the Lions beat us im flipping a s**t
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
The way i look at it is we are going to try to score as many points as possible, so i dont buy into that.

Yeah. I dont think they will be low scoring or have a conservative offense either.
Originally posted by 5TIME49:

Yeah. I dont think they will be low scoring or have a conservative offense either.

I sure hope we are gonna be aggressive with all the weapons we have on offfense!
Run heavy, doesn't necessarily mean conservative. Of the top 10 teams in rushing attempts last season, 8 made the playoffs. Of the top 10 teams in passing attempts 3 made the playoffs. I'll take a 80% chance of making the post season over a 30% chance any day.
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Run heavy, doesn't necessarily mean conservative. Of the top 10 teams in rushing attempts last season, 8 made the playoffs. Of the top 10 teams in passing attempts 3 made the playoffs. I'll take a 80% chance of making the post season over a 30% chance any day.

i agree
were probly gonna pass alot early, get the lead and then run it down the opponents throat!
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:

What would you call the Steelers? How about the Giants? How about San Diego? How about the 49ers.

Originally posted by 5TIME49:

Yeah... People look into the whole " smashmouth" thing too much that Singeltary talked about.

He just means that he wants to be able to run in the 4th quarter when we have leads, things that Martz didn't do. He doesn't mean that he wants to run the ball almost all the time, even if we are losing. He just wants to have that sort of team with an OL that can maul guys off the line of scrimmage and eat up the clock to close out games. Nothing wrong with that.

Go look at Jimmy Raye's offense with the chiefs..... Highly explosive on the running and passing areas....

People will just read something and try to make it a huge deal...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
were probly gonna pass alot early, get the lead and then run it down the opponents throat!

Exactly. Atleast there are some people that understand.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Teams with low-scoring offenses can sometimes beat better teams because if the score is low, the game is close and they can sometimes steal one.

The problem is that it also keeps the inferior teams they play in the game as well. They get hope and confidence. Sometimes they can steal a game themselves that way.

So, if the 9er offense is as conservative and low-scoring as many fear, expect to beat a better team or two, and expect to lose to some inferior ones.

That wouldn't do any good if the other team has a high power offense.
In no form of words did Raye or Sing say we will be conservative. We just want to be able to impose our will to run on teams. To run the ball well you have to pass the ball well. I am wondering were people get this idea that we will be conservative. Our offense this year will be very close to the offense under Norv.
Originally posted by carlgo:

Hopefully our recieving core, w/ its improvements, will be able to become a threat so its not stacked d-lines all day for Gore. I hate to use the word "conservative" b/c that just sounds like we wont do much, but i want our rushing to be at least top ten and our passing game in the top 15.
Share 49ersWebzone