There are 234 users in the forums

Getting booed = Ridiculous!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
You guys sound real soft right now.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by BrentJonzin:
yeah it was despicable and embarrassing. you can tell all those were people who just see smith as the number one pick who hasn't panned out to be joe montana. idiots, don't realize what he's been through, and HELLO, he's a 49er!! Sounded like Eagles fans out there.

So, what your telling me is we should support him solely because he's on the team? Performance is of no meaning anymore? In that case.. Great job Alex, we really apprectiate what you've done for the team since you've been here... WTF? Listen to yourselves, its NOT HIS FIRST PASS AS A 49ER! I wasn't even at camp to see/hear this, but I think some people are getting a little b***hy over stupid stuff. Maybe some of you should just huddle back up in your "everthing is fine" holes, and continue to praise someone who hasn't shown anything as a 49er yet....
So if this is "stupid stuff" then why are you talking about it? talk about "b***hy." it has more to do with the attitude people showed. singling out alex with boo's just shows that those people havn't paid attention to the fact that the entire team hasn't been to the playoffs in six years. he's had as much to to with the teams demise as anyone else and chastising him doesn't do anything. he knows he hasn't played well when he's had a chance which is why he got a new contract. if you actually read what people are writing you'll see no one is praising smith. if he wins the job good for him i hope he's the better man for the job. holding the fans to a certain standard doesn't mean your being complacent it just shows that they have an understanding of the entire situation.
  • gore4prez
  • Info N/A
yeah it was despicable and embarrassing. you can tell all those were people who just see smith as the number one pick who hasn't panned out to be joe montana. idiots, don't realize what he's been through, and HELLO, he's a 49er!! Sounded like Eagles fans out there.

So, what your telling me is we should support him solely because he's on the team? Performance is of no meaning anymore? In that case.. Great job Alex, we really apprectiate what you've done for the team since you've been here... WTF? Listen to yourselves, its NOT HIS FIRST PASS AS A 49ER! I wasn't even at camp to see/hear this, but I think some people are getting a little b***hy over stupid stuff. Maybe some of you should just huddle back up in your "everthing is fine" holes, and continue to praise someone who hasn't shown anything as a 49er yet....
So if this is "stupid stuff" then why are you talking about it? talk about "b***hy." it has more to do with the attitude people showed. singling out alex with boo's just shows that those people havn't paid attention to the fact that the entire team hasn't been to the playoffs in six years. he's had as much to to with the teams demise as anyone else and chastising him doesn't do anything. he knows he hasn't played well when he's had a chance which is why he got a new contract. if you actually read what people are writing you'll see no one is praising smith. if he wins the job good for him i hope he's the better man for the job. holding the fans to a certain standard doesn't mean your being complacent it just shows that they have an understanding of the entire situation.

What are you like the fan police or something?
Even Sing said it was good for him to get booed, its going to happen in a real game, you need to practice like its a real game!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Incomplete passes is what we're used to seeing from Alex. It's about time someone booed!

Uhmmm.... the very first pass?

by the way hate to break it to you, but after that first pass Alex looked pretty good and got cheers.

But to Boooo on the very first pass.... come on now 9er fans

I'm sorry, but Alex Smith didn't look that good throughout the entire practice. He had a lot of misfires and actually got booed more than once. And the pass in question was simply awful, which obviously fueled the booing.

And about the booing.. Look, the fans have the right to boo. All this "classy" crap goes out the window when the majority of the fanbase is tired of seeing a certain player being handed opportunites to start while everyone else on the team had to earn their opportunities. People are tired of Alex Smith and all the excuses. Couple that with the fact that the pass was an awful-looking attempt and that's why they booed.

That being said, I wasn't one of the fans who booed. I actually felt bad for Alex when they started to boo him because I felt it was unwarranted that early into the first practice of Training Camp. But am I going to come on here and whine about it? No because fans have the right to cheer and boo whomever they choose, whenever they choose and for whatever reason they choose.

You obviously were just watching to see what he did wrong and didn't pay attention to the fact that his line didn't block and no one was open. torn shoulder what a crappy "excuse" right? they booed cuz they want another montana/young but it's not gonna happen. no one is giving him anything, i don't know where you get the idea that others have to work for their spot and he doesn't. he has to beat out hill for the starting spot. everyone is "handed" an opportunity to start when they go on the field, its up to them to make the most out of it. if theyre good enough to be in camp then they have the same chance to play as others.

Let me put this to you in a way that you can understand.. Alex Smith has NEVER done anything to suggest he would be a better option than Shaun Hill ON GAMEDAY (I'm not talking about practice, I'm talking about when it counts), yet he's still in the "QB Competition" every single year. Every year he comes out with just as much of a chance to be the starter as anyone else. That would be fine IF Shaun Hill hadn't proven to be the best QB on the roster ON GAMEDAY. I don't see anyone being handed an opportunity to take Frank Gore's starting position away. Coffee was automatically Gore's backup. Nobody is being handed a chance at an "open competition" for Patrick Willis' spot. Tarell Brown doesn't have as much of a chance of being our #1 CB as Nate Clements does. Why? Because Frank Gore, Patrick Willis and Nate Clements have proven themselves on the field and have proven to be a better option than anyone else at their positions. Shaun Hill has done the same whether you like it or not, but Smith still gets his shot at winning the starting job in practice, when it doesn't count. Practice field warriors do not automatically equal success on gameday - obviously.

To summarize things up for you: Alex Smith is the ONLY player on the roster who actually has a shot at taking over as the starter at a position where another player has proven to be BETTER than him when it counts.
i think it was billybonka.
Originally posted by gore4prez:

yes i am.

What are you like the fan police or something?

People react differently to certain situations. I think it's completely niave to bash the fans based on their reaction to what they disapproved of. Yes, you are right, it's unfair to single out one player. But, life is unfair and he is the one that was the first round pick and has done nothing to this point. Personally, I wouldn't have booed an incomplete pass at training camp because I don't find it that important. But, I will the the first one Booing him at Candlestick if he starts and can't make plays.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Incomplete passes is what we're used to seeing from Alex. It's about time someone booed!

Uhmmm.... the very first pass?

by the way hate to break it to you, but after that first pass Alex looked pretty good and got cheers.

But to Boooo on the very first pass.... come on now 9er fans

I'm sorry, but Alex Smith didn't look that good throughout the entire practice. He had a lot of misfires and actually got booed more than once. And the pass in question was simply awful, which obviously fueled the booing.

And about the booing.. Look, the fans have the right to boo. All this "classy" crap goes out the window when the majority of the fanbase is tired of seeing a certain player being handed opportunites to start while everyone else on the team had to earn their opportunities. People are tired of Alex Smith and all the excuses. Couple that with the fact that the pass was an awful-looking attempt and that's why they booed.

That being said, I wasn't one of the fans who booed. I actually felt bad for Alex when they started to boo him because I felt it was unwarranted that early into the first practice of Training Camp. But am I going to come on here and whine about it? No because fans have the right to cheer and boo whomever they choose, whenever they choose and for whatever reason they choose.

You obviously were just watching to see what he did wrong and didn't pay attention to the fact that his line didn't block and no one was open. torn shoulder what a crappy "excuse" right? they booed cuz they want another montana/young but it's not gonna happen. no one is giving him anything, i don't know where you get the idea that others have to work for their spot and he doesn't. he has to beat out hill for the starting spot. everyone is "handed" an opportunity to start when they go on the field, its up to them to make the most out of it. if theyre good enough to be in camp then they have the same chance to play as others.

Let me put this to you in a way that you can understand.. Alex Smith has NEVER done anything to suggest he would be a better option than Shaun Hill ON GAMEDAY (I'm not talking about practice, I'm talking about when it counts), yet he's still in the "QB Competition" every single year. Every year he comes out with just as much of a chance to be the starter as anyone else. That would be fine IF Shaun Hill hadn't proven to be the best QB on the roster ON GAMEDAY. I don't see anyone being handed an opportunity to take Frank Gore's starting position away. Coffee was automatically Gore's backup. Nobody is being handed a chance at an "open competition" for Patrick Willis' spot. Tarell Brown doesn't have as much of a chance of being our #1 CB as Nate Clements does. Why? Because Frank Gore, Patrick Willis and Nate Clements have proven themselves on the field and have proven to be a better option than anyone else at their positions. Shaun Hill has done the same whether you like it or not, but Smith still gets his shot at winning the starting job in practice, when it doesn't count. Practice field warriors do not automatically equal success on gameday - obviously.

To summarize things up for you: Alex Smith is the ONLY player on the roster who actually has a shot at taking over as the starter at a position where another player has proven to be BETTER than him when it counts.
so then your just going to give the job to hill? his abilities don't exclude him from competing for the job. but i'll remind you that this thread is about boo'ing smith on the first day of practice. you mention smith had bad passes, so what, so did shaun. hill has the edge, as much as singletary wants to say there is no front runner, we all know that hill has that edge. and your "examples" of players who have guaranteed starting spots are a given.
I believe fans have the right to boo whomever they want.

Originally posted by dublniklz:
Come on 49er fans.... I just read that on Alex Smith very first pass that was incomplete, a loud fan based boooooooo was throw his way.

WTF?

The very first pass? Come on for crying out loud!

We used to have classy fans. Not sure what happened.

We used to have winning seasons. And playoff runs. And Superbowl wins.
Five OC's in five years. A repaired shoulder that was damaged more than it should have been. A head coach that threw him under the bus.

In all seriousness, Alex should have left the team during this offseason. The fans are never going to give him a break. We are already seeing this at 8 FRICKIN' AM in the morning on the FIRST pass in training camp.

Look, there is no doubt that Alex Smith has been a disappointment. When you draft a player number one, you expect him to be a star. But, fans should not direct their frustration at him. This team has been a train-wreck the last five years, and Smith is not the reason. Was he supposed to lift this piece of crap, called the 49ers, out of the sewer all this time?

If the fans showed any form of football intelligence, they would not respond this way to an incomplete pass at 8AM. Unfortunately, we have far too many morons in the stands who don't have any football intelligence, let alone any intelligence. The people with more than three brain cells in their head should have beat the crap out of these idiots when they started booing. Maybe we can sterilize these people so they cannot reproduce more morons.

This is a new team, under a new coach, in a new era. If fans cannot grasp that extremely complex concept, maybe Smith should play somewhere else. With fans who have some form of intelligence.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 1, 2009 at 20:36:19 ]
in that series he was booed he woulda got sacked twice if the defense could hit qbs in practice. he held the ball for way too long. and he threw a ball into a spot 20 yards down field with 3 defenders 10 yards away with no recievers in the area... yes i boo'd
I never thought this quote would be so appropriate...

"We talkin' bout practice...PRACTICE man. Not a game, this not a game...this is PRACTICE. We talkin' bout practice man. Come on ya'll..." -- Allen Iverson
Like I said in the other thread...

They cheered by the end of it because he looked good apparently. Threw some beauties
Share 49ersWebzone