LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Getting booed = Ridiculous!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Incomplete passes is what we're used to seeing from Alex. It's about time someone booed!

And Interceptions.

and we are also used to see noodle arm throw no more than 15 yards

Really? I believe against the Rams I saw a 50 yarder that went for a TD in the air. That's all I need to see.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-rams-highlights/a16abfa5-9fd2-102c-ae14-8cc2288110cb

watch at 1:17

underthrown 10 yards fail

[ Edited by 49erman5692 on Aug 1, 2009 at 17:04:51 ]
yeah it was despicable and embarrassing. you can tell all those were people who just see smith as the number one pick who hasn't panned out to be joe montana. idiots, don't realize what he's been through, and HELLO, he's a 49er!! Sounded like Eagles fans out there.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Incomplete passes is what we're used to seeing from Alex. It's about time someone booed!

And Interceptions.

and we are also used to see noodle arm throw no more than 15 yards

Really? I believe against the Rams I saw a 50 yarder that went for a TD in the air. That's all I need to see.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/49ers-rams-highlights/a16abfa5-9fd2-102c-ae14-8cc2288110cb

watch at 1:17

underthrown 10 yards fail

Ok and I also saw a pass that he threw 50 yards down the field. What's your point?
Originally posted by BrentJonzin:
yeah it was despicable and embarrassing. you can tell all those were people who just see smith as the number one pick who hasn't panned out to be joe montana. idiots, don't realize what he's been through, and HELLO, he's a 49er!! Sounded like Eagles fans out there.

Ryan Leaf was a Charger. You didn't see fans cheering him on. The fans didn't wear blindfolds.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Aug 1, 2009 at 17:07:38 ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by BigMar:

Uhmmm.... the very first pass?

by the way hate to break it to you, but after that first pass Alex looked pretty good and got cheers.

But to Boooo on the very first pass.... come on now 9er fans

I'm sorry, but Alex Smith didn't look that good throughout the entire practice. He had a lot of misfires and actually got booed more than once. And the pass in question was simply awful, which obviously fueled the booing.

And about the booing.. Look, the fans have the right to boo. All this "classy" crap goes out the window when the majority of the fanbase is tired of seeing a certain player being handed opportunites to start while everyone else on the team had to earn their opportunities. People are tired of Alex Smith and all the excuses. Couple that with the fact that the pass was an awful-looking attempt and that's why they booed.

That being said, I wasn't one of the fans who booed. I actually felt bad for Alex when they started to boo him because I felt it was unwarranted that early into the first practice of Training Camp. But am I going to come on here and whine about it? No because fans have the right to cheer and boo whomever they choose, whenever they choose and for whatever reason they choose.

You obviously were just watching to see what he did wrong and didn't pay attention to the fact that his line didn't block and no one was open. torn shoulder what a crappy "excuse" right? they booed cuz they want another montana/young but it's not gonna happen. no one is giving him anything, i don't know where you get the idea that others have to work for their spot and he doesn't. he has to beat out hill for the starting spot. everyone is "handed" an opportunity to start when they go on the field, its up to them to make the most out of it. if theyre good enough to be in camp then they have the same chance to play as others.
Come on 49er fans.... I just read that on Alex Smith very first pass that was incomplete, a loud fan based boooooooo was throw his way.

WTF?

The very first pass? Come on for crying out loud!

yea they bood him even thou when shaun hill came up he almost thru a f ing interception
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Come on 49er fans.... I just read that on Alex Smith very first pass that was incomplete, a loud fan based boooooooo was throw his way.

WTF?

yea they bood him even thou when shaun hill came up he almost thru a f ing interception

Well that's cause Shaun Hill's proven he can win games even by throwing a couple of ints a game.

WTF?

Well that's cause Shaun Hill's proven he can win games even by throwing a couple of ints a game.

.. This post makes no sense at all.

Shaun Hill has never had to lead this team back to win a game. Alex has done that several times.

We won games despite Hill's interceptions.

Nothing against Hill, I like the guy, and think he's the front-runner. But I still consider him just as unproven as anyone else.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 1, 2009 at 17:43:15 ]
Originally posted by BrentJonzin:

So, what your telling me is we should support him solely because he's on the team? Performance is of no meaning anymore? In that case.. Great job Alex, we really apprectiate what you've done for the team since you've been here... WTF? Listen to yourselves, its NOT HIS FIRST PASS AS A 49ER! I wasn't even at camp to see/hear this, but I think some people are getting a little b***hy over stupid stuff. Maybe some of you should just huddle back up in your "everthing is fine" holes, and continue to praise someone who hasn't shown anything as a 49er yet....
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

WTF?

Shaun Hill has never had to lead this team back to win a game. Alex has done that several times.

Nothing against Hill, I like the guy, and think he's the front-runner. But I still consider him just as unproven as anyone else.

How does it not make sense? Fine I'll make some sense of it. Hill was losing to the Rams in the 4th quarter about to ride the pine. He tells Sing to not take him out and that he can get the job done. He gets the job done by throwing a bomb up to J-Morg with barely any time remaining. How doesn't that make sense?

WTF?

Shaun Hill had never had to lead this team back to win a game. Alex has done that several times.

How does it not make sense? Fine I'll make some sense of it. Hill was losing to the Rams in the 4th quarter about to ride the pine. He tells Sing to not take him out and that he can get the job done. He gets the job done by throwing a bomb up to J-Morg with barely any time remaining. How doesn't that make sense?

That was supposed to say "had" instead of "has." -- Anyways..

Let me clarify the point I was making. Hill hadn't had to lead us back before that Rams game. He was awful all game though. If you watched those highlights, it was pick.. after pick.. after pick. In the end he got the job done, but he almost cost us the game.

I was trying to get across that our problems were far beyond Alex. Alex has done just as much, if not more than Hill when you consider the variables. Alex rarely was throwing interceptions to set us back. Our defense just couldn't stop anyone, nor could our OL of course.

If Hill's play is really better than Alex's was in his 1st full year starting, it wasn't by much, and that's not saying a whole lot. It would be nice to see if Alex can get it done at some point. But that's the thing.. "at some point." Don't know if that will come.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 1, 2009 at 18:02:16 ]

WTF?

Shaun Hill had never had to lead this team back to win a game. Alex has done that several times.

That was supposed to say "had" instead of "has." -- Anyways..

Let me clarify the point I was making. Hill hadn't had to lead us back before that Rams game. He was awful all game though. If you watched those highlights, it was pick.. after pick.. after pick. In the end he got the job done, but he almost cost us the game.

I was trying to get across that our problems were far beyond Alex. Alex has done just as much, if not more than Hill when you consider the variables. Alex rarely was throwing interceptions to set us back. Our defense just couldn't stop anyone, nor could our OL of course.

If Hill's play is really better than Alex's was in his 1st full year starting, it wasn't by much, and that's not saying a whole lot. It would be nice to see if Alex can get it done at some point. But that's the thing.. "at some point." Don't know if that will come.

I HOPE he gets it done. Some of you may not believe me, but I hope he does. He's still young and who wouldn't want their young quarterback to succeed? I don't want to have to worry about that position year in and year out. I want some stability at the quarterback position. Once we get that in place we're set.
no one booing him now 2 50 yds completions to jones
I think starting out the new season it's not so bad. But I would have to say, give him a chance to get into action. It would be wrong to pick him out and boo him based on what, being a first rd pick that didn't get to the Superbowl. Join the club because there are a lot of QB's that were drafted high and never made it.

He has a 7-5 record over the last 12 games he played where he wasn't injured, and better yet Nolan is long gone. Singletary I think helps everyone on the team excell as I think Smith will.
Booing in training camp, and the first day at that, wow.
Share 49ersWebzone