LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

This is the last time our season ends in December!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm amazed by how many people believe that we are gonna make the post season.. What have we done in the off-season to warrant such enthusiam? QB is still a big question mark. Another offensive system, still an unproven pass rush and a rookie head coach???? Am I missing something here?

Wow! And you call yourself a fan!! hahahahaha. NO!! Sometimes talent is already in front of you, it is out you exploit it is the difference. We ran a generalized offense and defense, meaning it wasn't talent or skillset specific. Now we are finetuning our offensive and defensive schemes to fit that of our personel to raise our gameplan substantially. This will in turn take one of the collegiate leading pass rushers (Manny Lawson) and get him out of defending as Nolan put him, and get him to the QB. The new offensive system will enable Gore to have a big year, but allow our QB to contribute with the air attack specific to their skillset. WOw what a concept. If you don't see that than you are ignorant and just want to be the person that takes the easy road to predict failure because you don't have the balls to stand by your team and predict success. True fan my ass. The above analysis mashes any stupid theory you had about bringing in talent. We brought depth to our struggling receiver core. We have two good QB, regardless of the haters (as yourself) that can and will produce under our new leadership. I love how people try to bash Singletary or call him a rookie. Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game. That will and has already turned into execution as a coach. So be realistic instead of the p***y way out and pessimistic!! FYI..these NFL professionals that do this for a living might be a little more seasoned and experienced then some dumb blogging idiot that has over 5,000,000 posts because he has nothing better to do. I am out!!

Wow...Sounds like I struck a nerve with ya buddy... Calling me ignorant, balless, blaaa blaaa blaaaa... You can wear your rose colored glasses if you want but I speak the truth.

First off I never predicted failure for the team smart guy. I don't see us any better than 8-8 and if thats good enough to get us into the playoffs then great!! But I don't see it. Why you ask?? I'll explain.

You say we have 2 good qb's??? Umm what the hell are you looking at? We have Hill who is an efficient game manager. Smith who has done absolutely NOTHING but fumble and throw ints. Please tell me what you see in our current QB's that strike fear into opposing defences??

We have another offensive system.. No matter how you try to spin it we have taken a step back with learning another system for the 7th time in 7 years. Yes we have an improved WR core but the O-line is still suspect and we are one injury away from starting Barry Sims again..... Thank God for frank gore.

The defense did NOTHING to improve the pass rush. Let me say this again.. NOTHING.. We are hoping that our players have developed enough to take that next step and be super stars. Not sure if you're aware of this but player development has not been our strength. You can hope that Manny Lawson will be the pass rusher he was in college but the truth is, it just isn't his skill set at the pro-level.
L
Let me quote you..

"Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game."

First off who said this?? So what you're telling me is that Coach Sing is going to be out scheming and out coaching people this year?? A rookie HC who is known as a motivator is suddenly Bill Walsh??

Jesus your entire argument sucks. Next time you decide to go on a fan rampage, try to bring some substance...not just raw emotion..

I'm calling out names!! I got ripped for my post last month... Hmm looks like my assesment was spot on. And please spare me the argument it's only the preseason and the games are meaningless. These games are very telling about who we are and what we're going to be.. Please let me hear all the hate now..
  • B650
  • Veteran
The biggest factor that will decide us making the playoffs this year or not is the pass rush, and right now, it looks like we're going to be on the fringe. Maybe we should've taken a pass rusher at #10. Maybe we can still get someone who gets cut that can help us. Otherwise, it might be a long year defensively.
Not so sure about that
Originally posted by B650:
The biggest factor that will decide us making the playoffs this year or not is the pass rush, and right now, it looks like we're going to be on the fringe. Maybe we should've taken a pass rusher at #10. Maybe we can still get someone who gets cut that can help us. Otherwise, it might be a long year defensively.

Maybe the Pats will dump Banta-Cain. That is the quality pass rush you will get from final team cuts.
Share 49ersWebzone