There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is the last time our season ends in December!

Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm amazed by how many people believe that we are gonna make the post season.. What have we done in the off-season to warrant such enthusiam? QB is still a big question mark. Another offensive system, still an unproven pass rush and a rookie head coach???? Am I missing something here?

Wow! And you call yourself a fan!! hahahahaha. NO!! Sometimes talent is already in front of you, it is out you exploit it is the difference. We ran a generalized offense and defense, meaning it wasn't talent or skillset specific. Now we are finetuning our offensive and defensive schemes to fit that of our personel to raise our gameplan substantially. This will in turn take one of the collegiate leading pass rushers (Manny Lawson) and get him out of defending as Nolan put him, and get him to the QB. The new offensive system will enable Gore to have a big year, but allow our QB to contribute with the air attack specific to their skillset. WOw what a concept. If you don't see that than you are ignorant and just want to be the person that takes the easy road to predict failure because you don't have the balls to stand by your team and predict success. True fan my ass. The above analysis mashes any stupid theory you had about bringing in talent. We brought depth to our struggling receiver core. We have two good QB, regardless of the haters (as yourself) that can and will produce under our new leadership. I love how people try to bash Singletary or call him a rookie. Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game. That will and has already turned into execution as a coach. So be realistic instead of the p***y way out and pessimistic!! FYI..these NFL professionals that do this for a living might be a little more seasoned and experienced then some dumb blogging idiot that has over 5,000,000 posts because he has nothing better to do. I am out!!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Well Jed York was absolutely right when he said that last year because our last game of the season is January 3rd. HAHAHA no but in all seriousness I expect the niners to be 10-6 and make a deep playoff run I have a feeling they will out a Cardinals but they will actually win the superbowl!

we are going 8-8 no way better than that , not even the players know who's the starting QB!

Everybody knows the starter is going to be Hill. Even if Smith performs marginally better than Hill in the pre-season. Singletary has to go with the guy that brought him to the dance and that is Hill.

Look at the schedule. The only teams that worry me are the Packers, Falcons and Eagles. Cardinals will still be tough with Warner but I think we win at home and they have a better than even chance to win in Ariz. We can take the rest of them.

Aren't you doing the same thing that people are saying that the front office will do because Smith is the 1st overall of '05?

How bout we take a step back and let things work themselves out W/O the ultimative scenario being brought out of our hip pockets.

I mean seriously not that you are stupid for saying so or anything remotely that way(not derogatorily used here) but the limited thought process that is being used in this argument is astounding.

Personally I do NOT want the job just handed to either guy because of their past. If that is the case then do it now. Why have a competition if that is the plan right from the git go? I mean really at least the Offensive unit can go right into Preseason knowing who the Starter is so the can all be on the same page.

See what I'm getting at? I've not been on either side of this. No matter what the detractors of my stance will say or assume. I want the BEST guy, regardless of who it is. For all we know Huard will be the guy. Or Davis. Right?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
I'm amazed by how many people believe that we are gonna make the post season.. What have we done in the off-season to warrant such enthusiam? QB is still a big question mark. Another offensive system, still an unproven pass rush and a rookie head coach???? Am I missing something here?

Wow! And you call yourself a fan!! hahahahaha. NO!! Sometimes talent is already in front of you, it is out you exploit it is the difference. We ran a generalized offense and defense, meaning it wasn't talent or skillset specific. Now we are finetuning our offensive and defensive schemes to fit that of our personel to raise our gameplan substantially. This will in turn take one of the collegiate leading pass rushers (Manny Lawson) and get him out of defending as Nolan put him, and get him to the QB. The new offensive system will enable Gore to have a big year, but allow our QB to contribute with the air attack specific to their skillset. WOw what a concept. If you don't see that than you are ignorant and just want to be the person that takes the easy road to predict failure because you don't have the balls to stand by your team and predict success. True fan my ass. The above analysis mashes any stupid theory you had about bringing in talent. We brought depth to our struggling receiver core. We have two good QB, regardless of the haters (as yourself) that can and will produce under our new leadership. I love how people try to bash Singletary or call him a rookie. Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game. That will and has already turned into execution as a coach. So be realistic instead of the p***y way out and pessimistic!! FYI..these NFL professionals that do this for a living might be a little more seasoned and experienced then some dumb blogging idiot that has over 5,000,000 posts because he has nothing better to do. I am out!!

*Edit*Hmmmm after re-reading that I had to change this reply to:*

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jul 31, 2009 at 23:34:52 ]

about damn time! exactly we don't have a damn starting qb! every year. they just don't get it. and another offensive system? way to much inconsistency there. what about our unproven db's?
next year we will end the drought. especially with the help of 2 first round picks ,and a solid system going.
Originally posted by wailers15:

about damn time! exactly we don't have a damn starting qb! every year. they just don't get it. and another offensive system? way to much inconsistency there. what about our unproven db's?
next year we will end the drought. especially with the help of 2 first round picks ,and a solid system going.

Okay what EXACTLY do they not get?

a)That Raye's Offense is based on Norv's Digit system? A system that a good part of our players have had experience with? Gore? Norris? Battle? Davis? Smith? Should I name more? I can you know.

b) Giving a QB who has more talent in his pinky than the guy that many want to outright replace him uncontested, a chance to OWN the position and prove to everyone once and for all that he should have been THE guy?

c) That our non-existent Pass Rush is not as bad as all that? That the OLBs' will RIGHTFULLY have more responsibility on the outside? Ala a Jimmy Johnson(R.I.P. JJ ) style of Defense?

Leading us to

d) That arm chair managers don't have the experience nor the resume to make these kinds of decisions regardless of how many fantasy league championships they've won?

and finally

e) That some people have a tendency to pee up ropes and expect impending showers on sunny days.

Do you REAAAAAALLY need to pull us into your rain soaked world? If we wish to be deluded in our Offseason optimism, isn't it our right as fans to do so?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

?? I am confused. What did you write before and what the heck is a Mod? lol
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Well Jed York was absolutely right when he said that last year because our last game of the season is January 3rd. HAHAHA no but in all seriousness I expect the niners to be 10-6 and make a deep playoff run I have a feeling they will out a Cardinals but they will actually win the superbowl!

we are going 8-8 no way better than that , not even the players know who's the starting QB!

Everybody knows the starter is going to be Hill. Even if Smith performs marginally better than Hill in the pre-season. Singletary has to go with the guy that brought him to the dance and that is Hill.

Look at the schedule. The only teams that worry me are the Packers, Falcons and Eagles. Cardinals will still be tough with Warner but I think we win at home and they have a better than even chance to win in Ariz. We can take the rest of them.

I agree with everything you said except for the bold. You forgot to mention Tennessee and Indy. They scare me more than Atlanta. I mean hell, all the games are hard. It's the parity-ridden NFL.

Excuse me while I put on my Homer Glasses...

If we were playing last year's Colts and Titans I'd agree, but I think Indy takes a step back with rookie head coach Jim Caldwell. Peyton Manning should be good as usual but their running game was ranked 31st last year. Their run defense was 24th ranked so I'm counting on us to run, run, run and keep the ball out of Manning's hands.

The Titans have a great head coach in Jeff Fisher and a great pair of RB's but they have no #1 WR and the aged Kerry Collins at QB. Our secondary shouldn't be so much of an issue against their 27th ranked passing game and they will be playing in our house without DT Albert Haynesworth, both big pluses for us.

Being a younger team and implementing a new offense, I think it is to our benefit that both of these games are a ways into the season.

He was head coach for 9 games. So he's not a true rookie HC and he's a Hall of Fame player, not just a guy who maybe played a few years in college and has been hanging around the nfl for 10-20 years.

The doubts will be erased by game 5.

He was head coach for 9 games. So he's not a true rookie HC and he's a Hall of Fame player, not just a guy who maybe played a few years in college and has been hanging around the nfl for 10-20 years.

The doubts will be erased by game 5.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! Preach it my man! We have educated people in the house!! WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

?? I am confused. What did you write before and what the heck is a Mod? lol

Well I jumped the gun and posted this...

But after re-reading his post I decided that maybe you chided him without fully understanding what was said. As you can clearly see I am somewhat guilty also.

As far as the "Mod"erators go you cannot say, "then some dumb blogging idiot that has over 5,000,000 posts because he has nothing better to do." without ducking for cover.

~Ceadder

Wow...Sounds like I struck a nerve with ya buddy... Calling me ignorant, balless, blaaa blaaa blaaaa... You can wear your rose colored glasses if you want but I speak the truth.

First off I never predicted failure for the team smart guy. I don't see us any better than 8-8 and if thats good enough to get us into the playoffs then great!! But I don't see it. Why you ask?? I'll explain.

You say we have 2 good qb's??? Umm what the hell are you looking at? We have Hill who is an efficient game manager. Smith who has done absolutely NOTHING but fumble and throw ints. Please tell me what you see in our current QB's that strike fear into opposing defences??

We have another offensive system.. No matter how you try to spin it we have taken a step back with learning another system for the 7th time in 7 years. Yes we have an improved WR core but the O-line is still suspect and we are one injury away from starting Barry Sims again..... Thank God for frank gore.

The defense did NOTHING to improve the pass rush. Let me say this again.. NOTHING.. We are hoping that our players have developed enough to take that next step and be super stars. Not sure if you're aware of this but player development has not been our strength. You can hope that Manny Lawson will be the pass rusher he was in college but the truth is, it just isn't his skill set at the pro-level.
L
Let me quote you..

"Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game."

First off who said this?? So what you're telling me is that Coach Sing is going to be out scheming and out coaching people this year?? A rookie HC who is known as a motivator is suddenly Bill Walsh??

Jesus your entire argument sucks. Next time you decide to go on a fan rampage, try to bring some substance...not just raw emotion..

Wow...Sounds like I struck a nerve with ya buddy... Calling me ignorant, balless, blaaa blaaa blaaaa... You can wear your rose colored glasses if you want but I speak the truth.

First off I never predicted failure for the team smart guy. I don't see us any better than 8-8 and if thats good enough to get us into the playoffs then great!! But I don't see it. Why you ask?? I'll explain.

You say we have 2 good qb's??? Umm what the hell are you looking at? We have Hill who is an efficient game manager. Smith who has done absolutely NOTHING but fumble and throw ints. Please tell me what you see in our current QB's that strike fear into opposing defences??

We have another offensive system.. No matter how you try to spin it we have taken a step back with learning another system for the 7th time in 7 years. Yes we have an improved WR core but the O-line is still suspect and we are one injury away from starting Barry Sims again..... Thank God for frank gore.

The defense did NOTHING to improve the pass rush. Let me say this again.. NOTHING.. We are hoping that our players have developed enough to take that next step and be super stars. Not sure if you're aware of this but player development has not been our strength. You can hope that Manny Lawson will be the pass rusher he was in college but the truth is, it just isn't his skill set at the pro-level.
L
Let me quote you..

"Last time I checked, many people including hall of famers that have said they would of loved to play for Mike because of his in depth knowledge and understanding of the game."

First off who said this?? So what you're telling me is that Coach Sing is going to be out scheming and out coaching people this year?? A rookie HC who is known as a motivator is suddenly Bill Walsh??

Jesus your entire argument sucks. Next time you decide to go on a fan rampage, try to bring some substance...not just raw emotion..

Ummmmm let's get things correct here. Just about GONE are the days where the HC does EVERYTHING on the sidelines. So it doesn't matter anymore does it. What matters is that you can keep your guys on the sidelines motivated. It's the freakin COORDINATORS job to call and send in the Plays. The HC jut has to know the playbooks( I guarantee you that Sing knows them) so IF he sees something he can call up to the booth and instruct them on what plays he thinks will counter the opponent.

SO give the man a chance. You don't know any more than he does. And I think that I could go out on a limb and safely say that he knows a damn site more than you.

Okay?

~~Ceadder
  • rob28
  • Veteran
no your not missing nothing except delusional fans. im a niner fan but lol at them being 10-6.
Originally posted by rob28:
no your not missing nothing except delusional fans. im a niner fan but lol at them being 10-6.

I'll admit I'm being VERY optimistic about the upcoming season. But why in the world would I want to go into the season prophesying doom and gloom and being negative? What kind of "Home Field Advantage" do us fans provide to our team if we resign ourselves to a bad outcome and being losers before the season even starts? That is morale cowardice!

Each new season is about getting a fresh start and building something new and successful. That is what we hope for and that is our mindset. Forget about our past failures, Move Forward, Think Positive and Root Like Hell.
Originally posted by rob28:

I'll admit I'm being VERY optimistic about the upcoming season. But why in the world would I want to go into the season prophesying doom and gloom and being negative? What kind of "Home Field Advantage" do us fans provide to our team if we resign ourselves to a bad outcome and being losers before the season even starts? That is morale cowardice!

Each new season is about getting a fresh start and building something new and successful. That is what we hope for and that is our mindset. Forget about our past failures, Move Forward, Think Positive and Root Like Hell.

Our home field went in the toilet with the invention of Stub Hub. It's the Opposing fan's dream.

Think I'm wrong? Stay home and listen to a game. You'll see that I'm right when the Opposing crowd is louder than the home crowd. It's been like that for many years now. &

~Ceadder