LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Crabtree Falls Behind = Brandon Jones as Starter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont mean what i'm about to say, but...

I almost wish they would sign and trade him just to get him off our team and let someone else deal with the headcase.
  • MeddlingKid
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I dont mean what i'm about to say, but...

I almost wish they would sign and trade him just to get him off our team and let someone else deal with the headcase.

Only a handfull of picks from the first 20 picks are signed at this point, but Crabtree is a "head case" and needs to be traded? The ridiculous posts around here never cease to amaze me.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
I would think the 49ers have an advantage in the negotiations with Crabtree because of the current depth at receiver. Jones may work out real well. We are yet to see. VD may turn out to be a receiving threat in the Raye offense. With Bruce back, Morgan, Hill, Battle, and Zeigler in the mix, we do not "need" Crabtree this season.

So does that give the team a negotiating advantage?

[ Edited by Happs on Jul 28, 2009 at 07:56:00 ]
Originally posted by Happs:
I would think the 49ers have an advantage in the negotiations with Crabtree because of the current depth at receiver. Jones may work out real well. We are yet to see. With Bruce back, Morgan, Hill, Battle, and Zeigler in the mix, we do not "need" Crabtree this season.

So does that give the team a negotiating advantage?

In most cases the team has the upper hand. What other choices does the player have? Sit out the whole year? Go play in Canada?
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Doesn't seem like a smart move for crabs. He risks being functionally irrelevant for this year.

Unfortunately, the fallout from holdouts seem to linger, even after the signing, in attitude and bad feelings. I hope it isn't the case.

I hope he gets his glamous self in here before Saturday and starts catching passes!
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by hklar17:
as its been stated many times before here, dont look for crabtree to make a huge difference especially with this hold out, he is already behind and this only makes matters worse. so how does the depth chart look w/o crabs?

maybe something like this??

morgan
bruce
jones
hill
battle
zeigler
my projection w/ crabtree after the final 53 man roster cut:

bruce
morgan
hill
jones
crabtree
ziegler
spurlock (ps)
battle (cut)

You should probably avoid making predictions after what you said about JTO last year....BTW we await your presence in the JTO thread in NFL talk as we have your plate of crow ready
this is me caring

oh, wait no it's not

try harder

Deflection FAIL.
Singletary`s gonna unleash his wrath on crabtree if he holds out...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yea i agree frankie, the one thing having that much depth at the position ensures is we should be able to get quality play from that position whether we face injuries, fa departure, and retirement. its also nice that most of them are young athletes with surehands.

i been pretty good btw, you?

See that's what I was thinking as well! We are pretty stacked this yr! Next yr might not be so much! But that is one more yr of playing experience.

And im good as well
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by King49er:
Nah jones wont start. itll be morgan and bruce whether crab holds out or not. jones has a better shot at the 3rd wr spot though.

Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball!

See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk

I can't wait for this to get started already

It seems like its taking longer then last yr! Lol which I know aint true.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by frankie:
Nah jones wont start. itll be morgan and bruce whether crab holds out or not. jones has a better shot at the 3rd wr spot though.

Jones said ina recent artical, he loves and prefers the slot/3rd reciever spot anyways. It gives em more options to play with! And on that note he said everyone was gonna get their fair share of chances at touching the ball!

See that's what im talkin about! Im pumped can't wait for the season to get here! Wtf I sound like a broken record ha ha bring on the season, bring on the season, wtf is it here yet ha ha jk

I can't wait for this to get started already

It seems like its taking longer then last yr! Lol which I know aint true.

I don't want to trade Crabtree or nothing, but I found this f**king funny:

Quote:
So with the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree hunkering down for what could be an extended holdout, how far along have the negotiations progressed?

Um, they haven't.

Per multiple league sources, agent Eugene Parker hasn't even communicated an offer to the team, even though rookies are due to report tomorrow.

There's a theory making the rounds that Crabtree's injured foot hasn't completely healed. And since he couldn't practice anyway, it isn't hurting him to hold out.

If he's healthy, however, he's hurting himself badly by not being there.

Or, as one source delicately put it, "He needs to get his ass in there."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/27/no-offer-yet-from-crabtree-camp/

Man the NFL needs a freaking Rookie Cap. This is ridiculous.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I wish Bruce would have retired in the offseason. He's a leader on the field in terms of production, but adds no value off the field in terms of teaching others or role-modeling attendance of voluntary practice. He's holding up player development IMO.
"Multiple league sources" tell Profootballtalk.com that the agent for Michael Crabtree hasn't even made a contract proposal to the 49ers yet.

This, with Niners rookies scheduled to report Tuesday. PFT passes along a "theory" making the rounds that Crabtree's foot isn't healed, so agent Eugene Parker is stalling on his client's behalf. Either way, the likely holdout and injury are enough to make Crabtree an undesirable fantasy pick at this point.

All the negativity directed at the guy when he really hasn't done anything to deserve it isn't a good sign. He had a serious injury when we signed him and we knew that going into it. We were all ecstatic when we drafted him, what the heck happened???

I know he doesn't look happy. Even when he's smiling his eyes look sad. I don't know if it's because he can't get on the field (best case) or if he wishes he was somewhere else w/better QB, Superbowl contender, etc.

Hopefully all the negativity goes out the window when he starts making plays for us, but this has been an awfully ugly start to his relationship with the team and fans. It's very disappointing.

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Jul 28, 2009 at 12:23:15 ]
i really dont see anything special about crabtree
Man I hate rookie holdouts so much. I know Crabtree is anxious to get his ass on the field but man his agent seems like he won't budge. If Crabtree wants to make an impact his rookie year he better get his ass on the field ASAP.
Share 49ersWebzone