LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Niner moments from last year that gave face palm reactions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The last play of the Miami game. Martz called a played that left Sims blocking Joey Porter, instead of VD who had owned Porter all day.

We all know how that turned out.

Not exactly.

"What's interesting is that coach Mike Singletary said Mike Martz wanted his three wideouts on Porter's side, so one of them could chip him. But the 49ers had controlled Porter throughout the game with one-on-one blocking. Perhaps, what they really wanted was for Porter to move to the other side of the formation, so he'd be matched against Staley. But it looked as if the Dolphins had given up on the Porter-Staley matchup. They must've figured his only chance for a sack was against Sims."

Maicco

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jul 27, 2009 at 16:15:20 ]
Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:
I never saw that clip, what an idiotic interview by the reporter.

I'd have to say that my biggest face-palm reaction occurred during Mike Singletary's debut as a head coach against Arizona. With the team catching fire early, we had an excellent chance to win the game.

Then the miscommunication led to the infamous QB sneak from a couple of yards away. I was so disappointed that I went cold and couldn't even yell like I usually do.

Wow. Now I'm depressed.

Great thread though! haha. Something different.

There are several things you seem to be confised about. First of all, Mike Singletary's debut as our Head Coach was against the Seattle Seahawks, not the Arizona Cardinals. Second, what "infamous QB sneak from a couple of yards away" are you talking about? It was a handoff to Michael Robinson.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
The defensive scheme that Nolan ran against the Seahawks made me face palm.

The team was scrambling for WR so what do we do? Go with some conservative pass coverage defense and get ran all over and not go hard after Hassleback than barely win in OT. Can't wait to see how that defense of yours shapes up in Denver Mike.........
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Nolan is gone!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by backontop:
Joey Porter's sack on Sims...we were so frickn close!!!

that didn't make me face palm it made me scream at the TV and then carry on to getting hammered beyond all belief

Yea I hear ya loud and clear, but my first reaction was my hand to my forehead...then all hell broke loose at my house while my beautiful wife started to fly out with the obscenities at the TV so she took care of that for me...made me proud.

you have a keeper
Joey Porter's sack on Sims...we were so frickn close!!!

that didn't make me face palm it made me scream at the TV and then carry on to getting hammered beyond all belief

Yea I hear ya loud and clear, but my first reaction was my hand to my forehead...then all hell broke loose at my house while my beautiful wife started to fly out with the obscenities at the TV so she took care of that for me...made me proud.

you have a keeper

Yes, I do.

She did that in the first game we watched and I never let her go. She'll say that she nabbed me so I win either way.
Share 49ersWebzone