There are 210 users in the forums

Niner moments from last year that gave face palm reactions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
But this one hurts the most.......With more than 30 seconds remaining in the game, Mike Martz sent on the goal line team before Hill could spike the ball, thus wasting TONS of time. We would have had at the very least, one more play in that game against the Cardinals. And lets not forget, he gave the ball to Michael Robinson.....Thats a WTF moment. I sat in my seat at the stadium with my face in my hands for a very long time. Screw you Martz!!!!!

I'm sorry you had to see that live.
I don't think there's been a greater face palm moment in the last six seasons than the end of the second AZ game.
The end of the az game, the eagles game, when barry sims gave up the sack to porter at the end of the dolphins game, and the majority of jtos ints, and nolans stupid prevent defense.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Definitely the eagles game. Just horrible game clock management in the second half by Nolan and Martz.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by NFSB86:
I distinctively remember in one game, a female reporter ask Coach Sing about his mentor. While, she was speaking I slap my hand into my face and said Really!? So I figured I ask and see if there were any others that felt that way or about anything from last season. That made you have to face palm after witnessing things of that nature. (Hey there is still a bit of time before training camp. So, why not.)

Never seen that before, holy crap that would have been awkward. What a moron, and the worst part is she was probably told to say ask that by some even bigger moron behind the scenes.

Not to mention if you look at her mic it explains it all. Fox. lol.
Originally posted by aacadena:
Nolan weaing his suit and tie while trying to understand his wrist watch while we should be calling a time out or challenging a play.

Oh man. I remember that....

-9fA
  • Clementi
  • Info N/A
Love to say something original but Monday night against the Cardinals gave me a face palm reaction for minutes!

Week 1 and we get revenge.

Clementi
still have a permanent facepalm from the arizona game where martz and robinson pissed away our playoff hopes
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I distinctively remember in one game, a female reporter ask Coach Sing about his mentor. While, she was speaking I slap my hand into my face and said Really!? So I figured I ask and see if there were any others that felt that way or about anything from last season. That made you have to face palm after witnessing things of that nature. (Hey there is still a bit of time before training camp. So, why not.)

Never seen that before, holy crap that would have been awkward. What a moron, and the worst part is she was probably told to say ask that by some even bigger moron behind the scenes.

Not to mention if you look at her mic it explains it all. Fox. lol.

Well Sing did seek the advice of Walsh years ago, not necessarily a mentor but he definitely give him advice. but yeah that interview was awkward as hell
Joey Porter's sack on Sims...we were so frickn close!!!

Originally posted by ninertico:

that didn't make me face palm it made me scream at the TV and then carry on to getting hammered beyond all belief
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
The defensive scheme that Nolan ran against the Seahawks made me face palm.

The team was scrambling for WR so what do we do? Go with some conservative pass coverage defense and get ran all over and not go hard after Hassleback than barely win in OT. Can't wait to see how that defense of yours shapes up in Denver Mike.........

the rookie TE Carlson tore us apart, it was quite embarrasing...
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by ninertico:

that didn't make me face palm it made me scream at the TV and then carry on to getting hammered beyond all belief

Yea I hear ya loud and clear, but my first reaction was my hand to my forehead...then all hell broke loose at my house while my beautiful wife started to fly out with the obscenities at the TV so she took care of that for me...made me proud.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
still have a permanent facepalm from the arizona game where martz and robinson pissed away our playoff hopes
The last play of the Miami game. Martz called a played that left Sims blocking Joey Porter, instead of VD who had owned Porter all day.

We all know how that turned out.

Share 49ersWebzone