There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Kory Sheets compete as Kick/Punt returner?

Kory Sheets I believe is the fastest R.B. on our team, right?

For Kory to make our roster I would suspect he has to flash not only NFL R.B. skills but also flash special team skills such as using his SPEED at Kick/punt returns.

But yet I have not read anywhere the 9ers are taking a look/see at Kory as a kick/punt reutrner.... how come?

Rossum age is going to catch up with him very soon, as it does with majority of older players....how much more does he have in those legs?

Why not take a look at a speedy youngster in Kory Sheets?
I'm hoping he gets every chance in training camp and the preseason to show what he has got
its time for Allen to step down
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down

? are you kidding? he had a good season last year.
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down

Why??
I don't see him competing for a starting job as a returner but I can see him being a potential back up in case Awesome Rossum goes down again
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down

Hahaha! Have you been drinking?

Allen has done a great job for us and who the hell would we replace him with? Sheets? Or some other rookie who has never ever returned a kick or punt in the NFL?

Put down the controller and step away from the Madden....

Furthermore: I believe Sheets weighs in about 15 lbs more than most kick returners and lacks the lateral movement and dance moves to return kicks. You can't just lower your shoulder into oncoming punt coverage.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down

Hahaha! Have you been drinking?

Allen has done a great job for us and who the hell would we replace him with? Sheets? Or some other rookie who has never ever returned a kick or punt in the NFL?

Put down the controller and step away from the Madden....

Furthermore: I believe Sheets weighs in about 15 lbs more than most kick returners and lacks the lateral movement and dance moves to return kicks. You can't just lower your shoulder into oncoming punt coverage.

That would create one hell of a collission Both players full speed head on.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Kory Sheets I believe is the fastest R.B. on our team, right?

For Kory to make our roster I would suspect he has to flash not only NFL R.B. skills but also flash special team skills such as using his SPEED at Kick/punt returns.

But yet I have not read anywhere the 9ers are taking a look/see at Kory as a kick/punt reutrner.... how come?

Rossum age is going to catch up with him very soon, as it does with majority of older players....how much more does he have in those legs?

Why not take a look at a speedy youngster in Kory Sheets?

He's more than likely headed to the practice squad, but you never know. He's got a lot of talent, but will need to blow people away to gain a roster spot.
His weight does not matter if that was the case you would not have seen micheal Robinson and delany waker returning kicks. Its all about reading the blocks in front of you and being able to explode through them.
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
its time for Allen to step down

WELCOME TO NINER TALK
Originally posted by backontop:
I don't see him competing for a starting job as a returner but I can see him being a potential back up in case Awesome Rossum goes down again

I can definetly see Rossum going down for a couple games this year so we better have a good backup
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by BigMar:
Kory Sheets I believe is the fastest R.B. on our team, right?

For Kory to make our roster I would suspect he has to flash not only NFL R.B. skills but also flash special team skills such as using his SPEED at Kick/punt returns.

But yet I have not read anywhere the 9ers are taking a look/see at Kory as a kick/punt reutrner.... how come?

Rossum age is going to catch up with him very soon, as it does with majority of older players....how much more does he have in those legs?

Why not take a look at a speedy youngster in Kory Sheets?

No. he will not compete as a kick/punt returner. He didn't return kicks effectively at all at purdue.
Originally posted by kj11aw:
Originally posted by BigMar:
Kory Sheets I believe is the fastest R.B. on our team, right?

For Kory to make our roster I would suspect he has to flash not only NFL R.B. skills but also flash special team skills such as using his SPEED at Kick/punt returns.

But yet I have not read anywhere the 9ers are taking a look/see at Kory as a kick/punt reutrner.... how come?

Rossum age is going to catch up with him very soon, as it does with majority of older players....how much more does he have in those legs?

Why not take a look at a speedy youngster in Kory Sheets?

No. he will not compete as a kick/punt returner. He didn't return kicks effectively at all at purdue.

So it appears you saw him play in college...were you impressed with him as a R.B. at Purdue?

Why do you think he went undrafted?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home