There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what are the chances that our offense runs this smoothly?

Let's hope they come out throwing the ball on everyone and surprise a few teams
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Man, they sure made it look easy.

The more all the weapons are used and coordinated, the more smoothly it can run. I think folks are going to be surprised how good we look--and I'm say that with whoever is QB.
I really can't understand how people can blame Steve Young for the losses to the Cowboys when he was the league's leading QB. The problem with that team was that our defense couldn't stop them. Young did his part. That Cowboys offense was very, very tough. Young and the offense scored on the Cowboys. The defense couldn't stop the Cowboys from scoring more, that's all.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
I really can't understand how people can blame Steve Young for the losses to the Cowboys when he was the league's leading QB. The problem with that team was that our defense couldn't stop them. Young did his part. That Cowboys offense was very, very tough. Young and the offense scored on the Cowboys. The defense couldn't stop the Cowboys from scoring more, that's all.

EXACTLY!!! they act like montana never lost. s**t happens, its football

No one ever said we have the smartest fans,those that complain about Young only have to look at the Superbowl year for him and take notice of the awesome defense they had that year.Young might have been the MVP that year,but it was the defense that actually put the team over the top.I knew as soon as we signed Deon that we had a legit chance to beat the cowgirls,we got to move Davis to the #2 corner spot and that,coupled with the additions of Richard Dent and Ricky Jackson made our defense a force to be reckoned with.
Hopefully we run it so smooth that we don't have to settle for a FG!
i never complained about steve young! if you guys read i said he was great. all i said was he was never as great as joe montana! his stats, mvp's, or superbowls don't match or are even close. you "guys" are seeing that steve young was better. and in defense of joe montana i'm saying his stats don't say that! that's why i said the what if's don't count! cause it never happened! we had two GREAT quarterbacks in joe montana and steve young... but c'mon now! i never knocked on steve young! all i said was he never lived up to what joe montana was!
BUMP! It's fun reading the old posts and how ridiculous some of our statements were!

Actually, the Cowboys D really gave us problems during 92-93. The pass rush was constantly in Young's face and they did a good job containing Jerry. Sure, we werent able to stop Aikman, Smith, and Irvin consistently, but we also had a hard time driving down the field on them like we did on most other teams.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
BUMP! It's fun reading the old posts and how ridiculous some of our statements were!

Yeah, we all hoped they would improve and Jimmy would get it together and Sing would let these guys just go play but it was just not going to happen when you consider Sing and Jimmy's philosophy's and football brains when it comes to x's and o's. The weapons were never going to come together.
Harbaughs offense might not run very well this next year either. Not because he sucks or the scheme is flawed, but because they might not get much time to install it. With all the questions about a possible lockout, the team may not get much time to practice before the season starts.

Also, when you consider that Harbaugh is still looking for a QB, this offense could be WAY behind when the season starts.
I remember back then when the offense couldn't handle a certain blitzing team. I would pretty much fixed within 1-2 games. Now when they could handle one, it may not be fixed after a whole year of play. So far removed from those good days.