LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

what are the chances that our offense runs this smoothly?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i was watching 1992 49ers vs bills video on youtube and is amazed how smooth the offense looks! it's amazing! over the last few years it's hard to watch us go through so many 3 and outs. what are the chances of our offense looking like this? oh how i miss when we were elite!

I hope by mid-season it will be running very smooth
"Joe Montana watching on the sidelines."

Would've had at least 6 superbowls now.
Originally posted by Joecool:
"Joe Montana watching on the sidelines."

Would've had at least 6 superbowls now.

doubt it
Dude, Jimmy Raye will attempt to "coordinate" this offense. He was like the 5th choice. There was nobody else left breathing. He was practically retired. He was sleeping at Jet practices. What do you think the chances are?
Originally posted by singfan:
Dude, Jimmy Raye will attempt to "coordinate" this offense. He was like the 5th choice. There was nobody else left breathing. He was practically retired. He was sleeping at Jet practices. What do you think the chances are?

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by singfan:

So, do you think our offense will run as smoothly as that? I'm guessing that you probably do not.
0-100??
"Joe Montana watching on the sidelines." Would've had at least 6 superbowls now.

nope.
The chance that our offense looks like our offense from the 90's is slim but the chances of it running smoothly are good. Its practically the same offense that Norv ran here which was successfull with far less talent. I'm more excited about this year than worried.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
"Joe Montana watching on the sidelines." Would've had at least 6 superbowls now.

nope.

steve was just as good if not better. times and teams changed, dallas and greenbay were built to destroy us in the 90's.
i think our offense will start slowly then pick up as the season moves on. i just hope im wrong about starting slow but if im right hope our d is awesome and we still win gms
Not a chance. That's not to say that our offense wont be effective, but there's no way it runs as smoothly as that 92 team. It's really not even fair to compare our current team to a team lead by a two hall of famers. That team had also been together and running the same offense for several years. There is no way in the world that this current offense will function as smoothly or on a level even close to that 92 team and it boarders on crazy to even ask the question.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I would say running smoothly 75% being effective 60%
- I really hope the Niners run an O that resembles the Steelers or this years Miami Dolphins. A conserative, smash-mouth running game, but with unpredictable play calling.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

nope.

steve was just as good if not better. times and teams changed, dallas and greenbay were built to destroy us in the 90's.

Now thats FUNNY! Steve was never, has never and will never be anything close to Montana. Steve choked worse than any other QB I have ever seen in the big games, kinda like Mcnabb. Steve was good, Steve was great but he was never a Joe.
I will always think that Steve cost us at lesat 1 more title, but hey he did win us one.
Share 49ersWebzone