There are 153 users in the forums

three reasons for sack reduction in 2009

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First, we have a veteran pro bowl right tackle. we all know that a majority of the sacks given up last year were from poor production from that position.

Second, we will be running the ball alot more. The offense will keep it simple and grind it out with Frank Gore and Glen Coffee. While Moran Norris, Gore's favorite lead blocker is back. I'm not sure why they ever let him go in the first place. It must have been something to do with Mike Martz and his pass happy scheme.

Finally, and probably the most important thing is Rumblin Fumblin J.T. O'Sullivan is now history.

Does anyone else agree?
You missed the biggest issue. Martz's offense runs a ton of 7-step drops, and deep routes, which causes sack totals to be high. The Niners will run fewer 7-step drops and more 5 and 3 step drops in 2009.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
NNOB, That is all old news
Originally posted by cgida:

Everything on this site is old news, noob.

There is no way that we give up 55 sacks again

show the guy a similar thread and then maybe you can start posting the dancing locks. geez.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You missed the biggest issue. Martz's offense runs a ton of 7-step drops, and deep routes, which causes sack totals to be high. The Niners will run fewer 7-step drops and more 5 and 3 step drops in 2009.

Exactly,Martz and Hostler before him were the biggest reasons that we were giving up all these sacks.Not that the line isn't to blame either though,the line itself has put the team back a couple of years,good run blockers,spotty pass blockers.
I thought maybe you were going to tell me why my nutsack is shrinking
Originally posted by Youngone:
I thought maybe you were going to tell me why my nutsack is shrinking

Haha great one
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

• dman
  • Veteran
The pool was cold
lol funny post
lol poor guy might never post again.

-9fA
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

show the guy a similar thread and then maybe you can start posting the dancing locks. geez.

not to mention at least spell noob right
Share 49ersWebzone