DeSean Jackson vs. Michael Crabtree.

Maclin vs. Crabtree
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:
Originally posted by B650:

Maclin vs. Crabtree

True that, but I'm curious to see if Crabtree will make me forgive the 49ers for passing on Jackson.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
the fans were worse at the VET..the old stadium

the new stadium isn't that bad

They're the same a*****e fans. There's just a few teams' fans that come to the "Stick and give us (I'm an Usher) problems every time. Of course the Raiders, but Philly, Giants and the Jets seem to give us the worst time.

It's hard to catch the game breaking up fights all day

Maclin vs. Crabtree

True that, but I'm curious to see if Crabtree will make me forgive the 49ers for passing on Jackson.

I'll bet if the 9ers picked Jackson instead of Rachel we would all be screaming right now that we need a OG. Jackson's success has alot to do with him going to the Eagles and being in the right situation. Plus we got Morgan in that draft in the 6th round, Rachel is still young and raw and could turn out to be a great pick give him time.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Maclin vs. Crabtree

I'll bet if the 9ers picked Jackson instead of Rachel we would all be screaming right now that we need a OG. Jackson's success has alot to do with him going to the Eagles and being in the right situation. Plus we got Morgan in that draft in the 6th round, Rachel is still young and raw and could turn out to be a great pick give him time.

I don't know what's up with Rachel right now, but I genuinely think he's going to be a very good OG down the road. As for Jackson, he's an explosive playmaker with a very good QB throwing to him behind a good O-line. We have neither of those things right now, so I don't think he would be much of a difference maker for us right now. The two glaring weaknesses of the 9ers right now is O-line and poor QB play. Until those two items are fixed in the off season, the 9ers aren't going to become contenders.
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Maclin vs. Crabtree

I don't know what's up with Rachel right now, but I genuinely think he's going to be a very good OG down the road. As for Jackson, he's an explosive playmaker with a very good QB throwing to him behind a good O-line. We have neither of those things right now, so I don't think he would be much of a difference maker for us right now. The two glaring weaknesses of the 9ers right now is O-line and poor QB play. Until those two items are fixed in the off season, the 9ers aren't going to become contenders.

agree mostly but the fact that we play in the NFC West means we are contenders. we will win this division and go to the playoffs this year. that gives us a long while to get the OL playing better, Hill is a winner and given some time by the OL he can get the job done and this team can go a long way. Not SB long but we're not far, 2 OL, S away IMO.
gonna wear my sf t.o. jersey there!
Originally posted by keeferr75:

shouldn't you have burnt that by now?

shouldn't you have burnt that by now?

TO was an awesome niner when he wasnt b***hing. can't hate on him really... he had The Catch 2! and cried after! hahaha wtf has happened to him
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Nothing was better than the goal line stand we rocked against Philly in like 04 or 03. We got a penalty after holding them to third down so we essentially had to bear two consecutive goal line stands. Unreal. I love this team.

-49ers Faithful

the defensive stand was in 2001...the niners won 13 to 3 after owens and garcia scored late to clinch it...i remember the stadium getting louder and louder after each stop..i loved being at that game...the good ol' days...

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/23/sports/nfl-roundup-49ers-stand-on-defense-trips-eagles.html[url=null]
how do you find out what hotel the 9ers will be staying at? i have friends that live in the city and i would love to stake out the hotel and try to meet some players.
Share 49ersWebzone