There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did anyone hear Singletary on Dan Patrick?

I was listening and the entire interview was interrupted by the local monkeys working the radio station. They decided to cut out and play commercials for a good 7 mins of the interview. If you heard it, can you please post what he said?
116 views and not one response?

Go ahead and close this mods
Maybe no one heard it...
  • ihab
  • Veteran
go to am570radio.com for the podcast.
why would they interrupt when Mike comes on?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers | Singletary misunderstood
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:14:28 -0700

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said during a radio interview with Dan Patrick that he is misinterpreted as a yeller and screamer. Singletary believes his coaching style is based on establishing relationships with his players. "I think a lot of people, starting with the Vernon Davis incident, really feel that I am a yeller and a screamer and an intimidator," Singletary said. "I think if you ask my guys, I don't think you would get that. I think the No. 1 thing that I am about is relationships. I am all about relationships. You can scream, you can yell, you can be a nice guy, you can do all those things. You can have all types of styles. But if you don't have a relationship with those players, it doesn't matter. It's not going to work."
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Comment (0) Tweet me!

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said during a radio interview with Dan Patrick that he is misinterpreted as a yeller and screamer. Singletary believes his coaching style is based on establishing relationships with his players. "I think a lot of people, starting with the Vernon Davis incident, really feel that I am a yeller and a screamer and an intimidator," Singletary said. "I think if you ask my guys, I don't think you would get that. I think the No. 1 thing that I am about is relationships. I am all about relationships. You can scream, you can yell, you can be a nice guy, you can do all those things. You can have all types of styles. But if you don't have a relationship with those players, it doesn't matter. It's not going to work."

Thanks Kolohe...you da man!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Comment (0) Tweet me!

Thanks Kolohe...you da man!

No problem, I was also curious to find out what he said.
Awesome! Thanks Kolohe!

I only got to hear the end when he was pimping Gatorade.
You can listen to the interview here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/streamingaudio/
I really like the guy, but to me, he looks like more of a football nerd than a screamer - those glasses, that big cross, the boy scout/preacher earnestness and honesty. I just think he carries a great amount of gravitas and legitimacy with the players and I'm very excited to see if that translates into good coaching. So far, so good.
To me that interview just solidified in my mind that MS will be our next great coach. PEACE FROM THE FAN
Originally posted by 415fan:
To me that interview just solidified in my mind that MS will be our next great coach. PEACE FROM THE FAN
i have a mancrush on coach sing
singfan and Sabrason sighting in 3.... 2.... 1....