LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Will Crabtree be ready for the 1st Preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont' want him to injure his foot again but I want to see what he has. So will he be ready to play our 1st preseason game? Also when will he get signed theres only 15 days until training camp begins.
  • MadManManny32
  • Info N/A
only time will tell..
Sounds like he's fully ready to go NOW and for TC, so yeah, he'll be ready. SF tends to draft their 1st rounders just before TC... expect it to happen in about 2 weeks, maybe less.
Yes.
I'd expect them to limit his touches during the preseason, just to play it safe. It's long been reported that he's expected to be ready to go by the time camp starts, but he'll still be playing catchup with the rest of the receiver since he missed all of the OTAs.

As far as his contract go, I wouldn't worry. The one thing this team has excelled at since the current front office took over is sign their draft picks. Since coming on board Paraag Marathe has been a master at making sure players make it to camp on time. I could be wrong, but I don't think we've had a single rookie hold out since Paraag has been negotiating the contracts. That's actually saying a lot when you think of how many top ten picks we've had in the last few years.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I dont' want him to injure his foot again but I want to see what he has. So will he be ready to play our 1st preseason game? Also when will he get signed theres only 15 days until training camp begins.

I do not know and I do not know.

Do you think anyone of this board has the answers to your questions?
Originally posted by buck:

I do not know and I do not know.

Do you think anyone of this board has the answers to your questions?

Co-signed
we will know by the starting of training camp , cuz we will hear the buzz if he is doing good and beating DB unless he sucks like VD !
Originally posted by cNiner:
we will know by the starting of training camp , cuz we will hear the buzz if he is doing good and beating DB unless he sucks like VD !

He better not suck like VD
Originally posted by King49er:

he has very good hands.

He is ready now.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by King49er:

he has very good hands.

Hopfully his playing speed translate to the field.

Apparently Crabtree will be ready for day one of training camp physically. In terms of his contract status, Maiocco expects him to sign right before training camp starts. As far as I know, only two of the top 10 draft picks have signed (Stafford and Sanchez), so that will have an effect on how much Crabtree will make in bonuses/salary.
without a doubt. from what i've been reading, he's been 100% for a while but the niners are playing it safe. towards the end of OTAs they started to have him run so that when he goes full speed in training camp he can go 100% without pulling a muscle. a lot of rookies get injured in their first training camp because they arent used to training with such intensity. and with crabs sitting out the injury, he could be subseptible to a pulled muscle. so in short, from what i hear, he is already good to go.

My sources tell me he won't be ready for the 1st pre-season game...and my souces are never wrong. They also said he made a special request for jersey #15 but oddly asked his name on the jersey be spelled "Cashtree"......... hummm, wonder why?
Share 49ersWebzone