LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

49ers schedule just got harder!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pwilly
  • Info N/A
In a ruling today the vikings pair of defensive linemean Kevin and Pat Williams had their suspensions blocked by the league. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396181/rss. I was counting on them being suspended for the first four weeks which is when the niners play the vikings. This news makes a suspension unlikly for the first four weeks, and makes a 49er win unlikely as well.
way to have faith
Originally posted by pwilly:
In a ruling today the vikings pair of defensive linemean Kevin and Pat Williams had their suspensions blocked by the league. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396181/rss. I was counting on them being suspended for the first four weeks which is when the niners play the vikings. This news makes a suspension unlikly for the first four weeks, and makes a 49er win unlikely as well.

Well if we do beat them now we are that much better.
are you going to post another one of these if they sign favre 2?
So the game will be a little more challenging.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Meh...I prefer to beat teams at full strength anyway. No me gusta los excuses.
No offense to the OP, but
You mean Gore's day got a little harder? The Vikings pass defense is a joke. Not sure if we have anyone to pass the ball though...
who cares

14 rushes. 3 yards
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
14 rushes. 3 yards

Yeah that was because willis was on him all day. If we can find another willis we can hopefully stop the back up running back this time.
14 rushes. 3 yards

exactly^
hahah

but really..cmon now bro.
we will rape their s**t
  • Dino
  • Veteran
14 rushes. 3 yards

lol and we lost 27-7

chester taylor - 8 rushes. 101 yards and a TD.
Honestly...while Kevin and Pat Williams are excellent DT's

We have Rachal, Baas and Heitmann...ALL are maulers. And now this is their 2nd year together in a much more run-friendly offense.

The best way to evaluate your team is to see them play against another club that matches you to your greatest strength...which in our case would be the run game and in their case the run defense.

I think the 49ers would actually do well to play teams like that early so they can better assess where they are and what adjustments they need to make to get better as a unit. But with the attitude this team has taken over the last 8 games of 2008 and into OTA's and now training camp, I dont think going up against premium talent will cause butterflies anymore.

I think they have reached (or will reach) the point when they just start lickin their chops...

These are the matchups where your toughness as a team shines through.
Share 49ersWebzone