There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we let Crabtree return kicks??

I think he should be our second option in case Rossum doesn't produce. I don't give a crap if he's our #1 pick or not because he could end up being a crappy receiver for all we know.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think he should be our second option in case Rossum doesn't produce. I don't give a crap if he's our #1 pick or not because he could end up being a crappy receiver for all we know.

yes but there are better options. Coffee I think would be a better option to fill the back up roll as a kick/punt returner
Originally posted by backontop:

yes but there are better options. Coffee I think would be a better option to fill the back up roll as a kick/punt returner

I didn't know coffee was a solid pass catcher.

I didn't know coffee was a solid pass catcher.

I meant sheets but for some reason typed coffee. I think I secretly want to hit up the break room for some coffee
NO!

Why you might ask.

Two Words.

Jason Sehorn.
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
NO!

Why you might ask.

Two Words.

Jason Sehorn.

I don't get it...
Crabtree is here to score TD's at WR,not return kicks...
Originally posted by Apples:
NO!

Why you might ask.

Two Words.

Jason Sehorn.

I don't get it...

Finkle and Einhorn?
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for BMore9ersfan.
NO!

Why you might ask.

Two Words.

Jason Sehorn.

I don't get it...

Jason Sehorn was viewed as one of the top CB in the league while playing for the New York Giants in the early 90s. The dude had good size and out of this world athleticism. The Giants tried him as a kick returner in a pre-season game and he promptly blew out his knee, tearing both his ACL and MCL. Since his injury you've rarely seen high priced, star players return kicks. The risk are just too great.
Awesome Rossum!
I say we let him punt!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I say we let him punt!

Can he throw? Try him as QB or try him as the Wildcat option.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I swear some fans just have to hate on every player on the team even Rossum. He showed how valueble he is when he was injured. The field position game was dramatically reduced and we had crappy starting field position

Rossum is awesome.

What I don't get is why Reggie Smith hasn't even been given a shot in camp to return kicks or punts. He did it in school...

...which brings me to the general MIA-ness of Reggie Smith. Dude was supposed to be a playmaker, no?

Wasn't he a late 2nd day pick???

3rd round. The Zone was all excited about him. What happened?
NO!
Crabtree got hurt his soph year returning a kick against Texas A&M! He was never the same that season, although still a major playmaker, he didn't have his speed.
Now that he has healed, I say stay away.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Why does nobody like Rossum?

It should be Rossum and Sheets returning kicks.

I still haven't figured that out it's probably b/c he doesn't have a great 40 time or b/c he's kinda old. Last tiem I checked he was getting the job done.

Rossum was named the fastest man in the NFL at the 2004 and 2005 Pro Bowl. He ran the 40 in 4.15.

So no, I don't think he has any issue with speed.