LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Double Standard? Ray McDonald kicked off the team, Bruce Miller not even fined!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by potato49:
Once they miss the playoffs he will be cut

Fify
  • fan49
  • Veteran
It's off season. There's nothing to suspend him from right now. Which is perfect time to let the police handle their investigation. We did the same with ray... but when ray got accused of something stupid again they cut him. Relax
Originally posted by fan49:
It's off season. There's nothing to suspend him from right now. Which is perfect time to let the police handle their investigation. We did the same with ray... but when ray got accused of something stupid again they cut him. Relax

The point being the underlined. And that doesn't even include Aldon Smith crashing into trees at 7:00 am after spending time at McDonald's house.
We continue to be winning with class.
You're a lot impatient...first of all, the rape allegation wasn't Ray Mac's first off-field issue. Far as I know this is Miller's first one...the team and police are gathering the facts, it's very premature to say what will happen. Chill.
  • bors
  • Veteran
At this rate he will be going back to playing linebacker
  • buck
  • Veteran
If the charges have merit, Miller seems to facing a league-mandated automatic suspension of at least 6 games.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
que the "thats racist" meme.

Really? I have o agree with Garlicboy on the fact that it is the Media that I have the problem with,where are ALL the WOMEN GROUPS who were up in arms over RAY RICE and RAY MAC,..I have`nt heard a peep in the Media,just saying the 2 Rays were Black and Bruce is White this is a fact to e looked into,I don`t hear anybody outside the Organization saying anything about calling for His Head.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Really? I have o agree with Garlicboy on the fact that it is the Media that I have the problem with,where are ALL the WOMEN GROUPS who were up in arms over RAY RICE and RAY MAC,..I have`nt heard a peep in the Media,just saying the 2 Rays were Black and Bruce is White this is a fact to e looked into,I don`t hear anybody outside the Organization saying anything about calling for His Head.

A discussion of talking heads on CSN ignored Miller almost entirely and focused their attention and ire on Jed York and Trent Baalke.

Miller was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge, and more than likely is facing a automatic six-game suspension Yet, his care is being almost totally ignored by the media.

Miller, in my estimation, screwed up. If he did shove the woman, and there seems to little doubt that he did, Miller hurt the team. He had to know the damage shoving a woman could have on the team. He should have just effing walked away.

I am not calling for his head, but I am not happy with him.
Originally posted by buck:
A discussion of talking heads on CSN ignored Miller almost entirely and focused their attention and ire on Jed York and Trent Baalke.

Miller was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge, and more than likely is facing a automatic six-game suspension Yet, his care is being almost totally ignored by the media.

Miller, in my estimation, screwed up. If he did shove the woman, and there seems to little doubt that he did, Miller hurt the team. He had to know the damage shoving a woman could have on the team. He should have just effing walked away.

I am not calling for his head, but I am not happy with him.
It seems to be some double-standards going on hereGreg Hardy is also catching Heat from the Media.

Seriously? You are saying that the women's groups should be reacting the same way towards Miller that they reacted to Rice? You seriously see the two events as comparable and are suggesting that the underlying reason is racial?

Nobody outside the organisation is calling for his head because all he did was push a woman over. In what strange world does that equate with a rape allegation?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Seriously? You are saying that the women's groups should be reacting the same way towards Miller that they reacted to Rice? You seriously see the two events as comparable and are suggesting that the underlying reason is racial?

Nobody outside the organisation is calling for his head because all he did was push a woman over. In what strange world does that equate with a rape allegation?

This. This race discussion has absolutely no intelligence behind it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

He is charged with a misdemeanor domestic violence. If he did in fact push the women over he has violated the new league policy, at least as far as I can tell, and faces a automatic minimum suspension of 6 games---and a potential 6 game suspension deserves more attention than it has gotten.

I have no idea why this is the case, but I am pissed at Miller.

Thank you!

I should have stated that media's double standard. Yes the process with Miller has to play out, but I see none of the media members dogging York or Baalke about it. Nor did I see any media members wait for Bruce after he was let out of jail much like they did to Ray Mac, hounding him as soon as he got out. Double standard.
Ray McDonald will get skinny and wind up coming back to us as a MLB
Share 49ersWebzone