LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Other Options at KR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can we really do better than Delanie Walker as a backup KR. I mean he hasn't actually lit it up. I don't think he averaged more than 20 yards per return after Rossum was injured. We've got options such as Sheets and it sounds good to have a 240 plus pound guy running downfield, is it really good to have a TE returning kicks. I mean we could play other folks. It would end the last of Failins' experiments. Allen is fine but he's 34 and we need a longer term option. Thats all.
I would really like to see Sheets or another younger player step up!
  • 9erThrowBack
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Marion:
Can we really do better than Delanie Walker as a backup KR. I mean he hasn't actually lit it up. I don't think he averaged more than 20 yards per return after Rossum was injured. We've got options such as Sheets and it sounds good to have a 240 plus pound guy running downfield, is it really good to have a TE returning kicks. I mean we could play other folks. It would end the last of Failins' experiments. Allen is fine but he's 34 and we need a longer term option. Thats all.

Take a look at Robinson's numbers. Yep.
Reggie Smith was a returner in college, Why not give him a look?
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

I was wondering why he didn't get more of a look last year also

Cuz he's slow.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

Cuz he's slow.

well im pretty sure walker is too

one thing for sure though is that we need to find a speedster in the middle round of the draft next year (pull an AL Davis)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Cuz he's slow.

one thing for sure though is that we need to find a speedster in the middle round of the draft next year (pull an AL Davis)

Ya, but Walker has that hybrid thing going for him, he can run guys over, being a TE/WR, but ya we do need to think about options post-Rossum.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Maybe k.sheets can find a roster spot as a KR. Also Battle can handle the job also.
Didn't Walker return a kick for a TD last preseason?

I think he's fine as the #2 KR.

Originally posted by Marion:

He did have a kick return for a TD in pre-season.
  • 9erThrowBack
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Cuz he's slow.

Ya, but Walker has that hybrid thing going for him, he can run guys over, being a TE/WR, but ya we do need to think about options post-Rossum.

He can also hurdle over them, if you remember his very first kickoff return.

Cuz he's slow.
I'm sure the University of Oklahoma definitely had him at KR because he was slow

Originally posted by billybonka:

Cuz he's slow.
I'm sure the University of Oklahoma definitely had him at KR because he was slow

Wow seriously? That was college, and plus there are dudes who are slow who are kick returners in the NFL, I mean we had Maruice Hicks for a while he was kinda slow lets be honest. Gary Russell returned kicks for the Champions of the free world and he's slow. Slow people can return kicks too, it's just all about the side to side quickness if you ain't got the vertical jets.
Originally posted by billybonka:

Cuz he's slow.

Wow seriously? That was college, and plus there are dudes who are slow who are kick returners in the NFL, I mean we had Maruice Hicks for a while he was kinda slow lets be honest. Gary Russell returned kicks for the Champions of the free world and he's slow. Slow people can return kicks too, it's just all about the side to side quickness if you ain't got the vertical jets.
'Cuz he's slow' was one of the worst replies I've ever seen on this board. He's a cornerback/safetey, so he's obviously not slow. The reason he didn't get any reps as a KR was because Rossum was signed specifically for that role and Walker backs him up. It's not rocket science.

And it's not Madden, either. Don't kid yourself.
Share 49ersWebzone