Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by mufasa76:
our pass protection was so bad Vernon was sent in by our coaches to do exactly what he has been doing... We all saw what happened when he taking out of the game vs miami....I know he has dropped some passes and who hasn't? But I for one is willing to give him a chance to be a beast at TE - and he will be as soon as he is turned loose which i hope will happen this coming season....He will rewrite the TE position, mark it!

Woah! Krizay showing some support for VD...the world must be about to end!

The dude's a beast. He's made 3 or 4 plays out of the 103 receptions he's had thus far. Now how many TE's can you say have done that? He runs a 4.38 and is stronger than Popeye after a 6 pack of Spinach.

Vernon's problems is not Vernon's fault. Using his 4.38 speed is not his strength. He needs short passes thrown to him while he is stopped to be effective. All of our retarded OC's have tried to use his 4.38 speed and thus have used him incorrectly. As for his strength. If he's catching the ball at a standstill how much strength can he provide? So naturally he's trying to outrun/juke defenders trying to get his giddy up on. Thus not being able to lower a shoulder. But again it's not his fault. It's the freakin retarded OC's we have had in the past.

But this year we have Raye as offensive Coordinator. AWWW! Sooky sooky now! Raye will find a way to get Vernon Davis the ball (while he's stopped so he can actually catch it) and use his 4.38 speed (again 0.00 at the catch). Then he can use that Popeye raiding a spinach patch like strength to get tackled by one guy and have the zone say it takes 3-5 guys to bring him down.

Let me not get started on the offensive line that's holding him back. Can you imagine if we sent Davis out for passes and he was like the 9th targeted TE in the league how many sacks we'd give up? I'm guessing, Now this is just a guess, that we'd give up 55 sacks on 513 passing attempts and Hostler would be our OC in the year of 2007. I'm just guessing though. Now imagine if the best blocking TE in the league actaully stayed in to help this pathetic oline how much better we'd be. I'm guessing, we'd give up 55 sacks on 509 attempts with Mike Martz as our OC in the year of 2008. Again just a guess.

I decided to guess instead of using facts because I was told how facts and Dogma doesn't mix.

Breakout year in 20??

Most of those sacks came with JTO as the quarterback, and let's not forget that 55 sacks a year is pretty much an average Mke Martz year. Sh*t Mike Martz offenses gave 45 sacks a year with Orlando Pace anchoring the offense.

Normally your criticism on Vernon is accurate but trying to down play his blocking that made a Pro Bowl alternate is kind of pathetic. But what do they know after all they just play the game.

By the way I remember debates we had 3-4 years ago and you really wanted us to bring in Daniel Graham because he was all around great TE and that wins championships. Vernon has a chance to be that kind of player if he can be more consisant in the passing game. Sure he's never going to live up to the 6th pick. Well besides for Ngata no one else in the top 12 of that draft is living up to expectations for the team that drafted them. Chalk it up to a bad draft class.

Daniel Graham? Are you serious. I think you got me mixed up with someone else.

My fault. I've must have mixed you up with someone else.

Anyways I still think it's a valid comparision. Daniel Graham was a huge part of those early championship New England teams because of his blocking. His blocking allowed them to run those wham plays and run out of singleback/ 2 TE formations.

We should give up on the dream of Vernon revolutionizing the position but that doesn't mean he's not capable of being a great role player for us.

If posters called him a "role player" and stopped the nonsense. I've would have let this go along time ago. I agree he's not a bust. He does contribute in a minute kind of way. And by that I mean who really is going to say Graham was a huge part of New England's early success? If the bleacher report or anybody really would have said Daniel Graham was a top 10 TE back in NE early SB years. What would have been the Zones reaction? EXACTLY!

Im tellin you guys in the offseason the past coupla years all i usually come to the zone just cause of kriz. The Alex Smith "haters" and "lovers" fight gets really boring. but VD lol this stuff is pure gold. I hope people never stop calling him the GOAT!lolll

"breakout year 20??" LOOL
He is staying here and will be a pro bowler. His dropped passes are not even in the top 10. His dropped pass are most memorable because he was wide open. I like what Raye did with Tony Gonzalez. He will do the same with Davis
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4eva:
He is staying here and will be a pro bowler. His dropped passes are not even in the top 10. His dropped pass are most memorable because he was wide open. I like what Raye did with Tony Gonzalez. He will do the same with Davis

Yea like how Martz did the same for JTO and Hill as he did Warner and Bulger.

Like How Jerry Sullivan did for (insert name here) as he did for Boldin and Boston

Like how Norv did for Davis as he did for Novacek.

Like how Manusky did for Lawson as he did Merrimen.

Because that's just how it works!
Football365 = Bleacher Report
Did this tool just call VD a WR/TE Hybrid? Thats funny! He cant run a route or catch a ball. Thats why they have him blocking every play. He is an awesome athlete and trains like a beast but he is stiff from being so huge. Looks like Conan the Barbarian running routes. He needs to forget all the weight lifting and concentrate on football. Things like catching and route running and how to break a tackle and how to put the ball away and ....................

Like How Jerry Sullivan did for (insert name here) as he did for Boldin and Boston

Uh oh here comes Krizay and his whambulance
I don't care if he playin in San Francisco or New England, until VD 'gets it' he won't be worth the 6th overall pick tag.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by mufasa76:
our pass protection was so bad Vernon was sent in by our coaches to do exactly what he has been doing... We all saw what happened when he taking out of the game vs miami....I know he has dropped some passes and who hasn't? But I for one is willing to give him a chance to be a beast at TE - and he will be as soon as he is turned loose which i hope will happen this coming season....He will rewrite the TE position, mark it!

Woah! Krizay showing some support for VD...the world must be about to end!

The dude's a beast. He's made 3 or 4 plays out of the 103 receptions he's had thus far. Now how many TE's can you say have done that? He runs a 4.38 and is stronger than Popeye after a 6 pack of Spinach.

Vernon's problems is not Vernon's fault. Using his 4.38 speed is not his strength. He needs short passes thrown to him while he is stopped to be effective. All of our retarded OC's have tried to use his 4.38 speed and thus have used him incorrectly. As for his strength. If he's catching the ball at a standstill how much strength can he provide? So naturally he's trying to outrun/juke defenders trying to get his giddy up on. Thus not being able to lower a shoulder. But again it's not his fault. It's the freakin retarded OC's we have had in the past.

But this year we have Raye as offensive Coordinator. AWWW! Sooky sooky now! Raye will find a way to get Vernon Davis the ball (while he's stopped so he can actually catch it) and use his 4.38 speed (again 0.00 at the catch). Then he can use that Popeye raiding a spinach patch like strength to get tackled by one guy and have the zone say it takes 3-5 guys to bring him down.

Let me not get started on the offensive line that's holding him back. Can you imagine if we sent Davis out for passes and he was like the 9th targeted TE in the league how many sacks we'd give up? I'm guessing, Now this is just a guess, that we'd give up 55 sacks on 513 passing attempts and Hostler would be our OC in the year of 2007. I'm just guessing though. Now imagine if the best blocking TE in the league actaully stayed in to help this pathetic oline how much better we'd be. I'm guessing, we'd give up 55 sacks on 509 attempts with Mike Martz as our OC in the year of 2008. Again just a guess.

I decided to guess instead of using facts because I was told how facts and Dogma doesn't mix.

Breakout year in 20??

Byisgod, look at what u have done .... we should have stopped while we were ahead.
It's a list of all the best players with bad teams

Sounds like he needed to make the quota in time.
Some time ago, and and OC I can't remember, talked about using Davis as an "H" back to get him the ball more. The O.C. may have been Turner, anyway, I think it's a good idea, but Davis's excellent blocking and his difficulty reading pass defense has him stuck as a blocker. You'd think with all the high powered coaches they could come up with a way help him run proper routes so they can get him the ball! A good team has to find a way to get the ball into it's best athletes hands.
Originally posted by billybonka:
one of the most overrated players in the NFL

How is VD overrated around the NFL? It's not like he is being selected to the Pro Bowl or getting a lot of undeserved publicity. He gets credit for being a great blocker, which he is. He gets criticism for dropping balls and not being utilize properly. He is a physically gifted athelete so people are excited about his potential. However, I don't think he is overrated at all around the NFL.
Originally posted by Chief:
Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers, Tight End

Vernon Davis is a freak and if utilized could be a premier tight end in the league. Since being chosen sixth overall in 2006, he hasn't contributed much. With Alex Smith and Shaun Hill throwing the ball, can you honestly blame him?

He is a hybrid TE/WR out of the University of Maryland that can become a big-time player in the league even with a mediocre quarterback throwing to him. He needs to be more involved in the offense and needs to get the ball.

He would be a very nice fit in a more pass friendly offense. Without a quarterback, Frank Gore has had to carry the load on the ground for San Francisco.

Bleacher Report

The article points out the quality of the QB's ------ yet Gore has been one of our best receivers with the very same QB's ???????
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yea but I have the fastest and biggest mbulance there is. I can get where I need to go in 4.38 seconds. I have been known to lose a few patients while en route. But I can block intersections like no other.
[ Edited by krizay on Jul 7, 2009 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yea but I have the fastest and biggest mbulance there is. I can get where I need to go in 4.38 seconds. I have been known to lose a few patients while en route. But I can block intersections like no other.