There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis - Ten NFL Players Who Need to Relocate

• Chief
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers, Tight End

Vernon Davis is a freak and if utilized could be a premier tight end in the league. Since being chosen sixth overall in 2006, he hasn't contributed much. With Alex Smith and Shaun Hill throwing the ball, can you honestly blame him?

He is a hybrid TE/WR out of the University of Maryland that can become a big-time player in the league even with a mediocre quarterback throwing to him. He needs to be more involved in the offense and needs to get the ball.

He would be a very nice fit in a more pass friendly offense. Without a quarterback, Frank Gore has had to carry the load on the ground for San Francisco.

Bleacher Report
So it's an article about good players on mediocre/bad teams that should relocate just to get their stats up, I like the idea . . . In madden
Every bad or mediocre team has at least one player with the potential to be better if they were playing somewhere else.
That doesn't mean they should relocate.

Is it just me or does the Bleacher Report consistently post sucky news pieces?
..also, their writers seem to spend an inordinate amount of time responding to comments on their articles, much of which is defending against criticism.
Not sure if that makes them look any better. They're probably better off just sucking it up and sticking by what they write rather than trying to justify their opinion so much.
[ Edited by scopur49er on Jul 6, 2009 at 9:29 AM ]
  • 49erFrank
  • Info N/A
VD seemed to catch the ball alot better when Hill was at QB.
Im a member of this site. Their articles are good at all. average at best. most are just random guys who wants to be writers.
our pass protection was so bad Vernon was sent in by our coaches to do exactly what he has been doing... We all saw what happened when he taking out of the game vs miami....I know he has dropped some passes and who hasn't? But I for one is willing to give him a chance to be a beast at TE - and he will be as soon as he is turned loose which i hope will happen this coming season....He will rewrite the TE position, mark it!
F**K the bleacher report this is Vernon's break out year pleasebalevit!!!!!
i cant believe it ppl even take the time to post this garbage online.

HE AINT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!!!!
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Every bad or mediocre team has at least one player with the potential to be better if they were playing somewhere else.
That doesn't mean they should relocate.

Is it just me or does the Bleacher Report consistently post sucky news pieces?

Figuring Bleacher Report is an open website where ANYONE with a computer and an internet connection can write articles, yes.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mufasa76:
our pass protection was so bad Vernon was sent in by our coaches to do exactly what he has been doing... We all saw what happened when he taking out of the game vs miami....I know he has dropped some passes and who hasn't? But I for one is willing to give him a chance to be a beast at TE - and he will be as soon as he is turned loose which i hope will happen this coming season....He will rewrite the TE position, mark it!

I hope he does relocate so we can get a TE who can JUST CATCH THE DAMN BALL.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
So it's an article about good players on mediocre/bad teams that should relocate just to get their stats up, I like the idea . . . In madden

This
I agree with most of what he said in the article except for what was said about Vernon. He's not going to "break out" anywhere else. He is who he is, a top 10 TE recieving TE and a very good blocker.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by mufasa76:

Woah! Krizay showing some support for VD...the world must be about to end!

Look at the rest of the list and you see that the list is just that....a list made up by some fanboy.