LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

A tribute to former role players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dexter Carter. 1st round draft pick kick returner. His main role was to arrange the swift handover of the ball to the opposition whilst ensuring that they also got the best field position.
Wesley Walls. Dude played a backup role with us for a few years and then went on to NO and Carolina to start and have a decent career.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Dexter Carter. 1st round draft pick kick returner. His main role was to arrange the swift handover of the ball to the opposition whilst ensuring that they also got the best field position.

I never understood picking him so high, not only was only 5'9" and he wasn't muscular either, I think he was listed at 170 pounds, but was more like 160, a good sneeze would knock him down.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by English:

I never understood picking him so high, not only was only 5'9" and he wasn't muscular either, I think he was listed at 170 pounds, but was more like 160, a good sneeze would knock him down.

......... and make him cough the ball up.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Dana McLemore

He always seemed to do something great on MNF. He was fun to watch.

He had some great runs. His punt returns were awesome, but did you ever notice whenever he returned kickoffs, he returned it to the 28 yard line, like every fricking time. I would yell out "I bet $1000 dollars he takes it to the 28", and Frank Gifford says "And McLemore takes it out to the 28 yard line."
Charlie Garner had some solid seasons for us.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Mar 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
Dave Waymer, Bart Oates, Jim Schwantz, Steve Bono
marc logan , mike sherrard, tim mckyer
irv smith
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Charlie Garner had some solid seasons for us.
Charlie was very serviceable, he was part of the trio of role players

Originally posted by MADMIKE:
How about Killa Kieth and that guy that couldn't outrun the cops ( i believe hes on the jets now, but i cant remember his name)
wish we would of kept both of them

[ Edited by MADMIKE on Jun 26, 2009 at 18:25:34 ]
Donald Strickland
Jesse Sapolu

really?. 10 pages and not one mention?

#WARRIOR
Anyone mention Ulbrich, always liked that guy
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Jesse Sapolu

Sapolu? A role player? Ome of the all time 49ers greats, a role player? This, I just do not see.

Jerry Rice, role player?

Joe Montana?

Ronnie Lott?
Share 49ersWebzone