LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is Frank Gore overrated??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Frank Gore overrated??

leave frank the tank alone

• jrg
  • Veteran
After this season, he'll be a Top 5 back.
Frank ran more like Al Gore in 2008 than the Frank Gore of 2006. Unfortunately, he is probably on the down side of his career, and is surely falling below some of the younger guys in the league with fresh legs.

To me, the 2009 version of Gore is a middle of the road RB in the NFL. It is too bad. He's a great kid. But, playing RB is brutal in the NFL, and he doesn't have the same game as two years ago.

VERY OVERRATED BY THIS BOARD!!!
if anything he is underrated, to be able to do what he has done behind this horrible o line makes me wonder what he would do in adrian peterson place.
Originally posted by DANADA:
leave frank the tank alone

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Frank ran more like Al Gore in 2008 than the Frank Gore of 2006. Unfortunately, he is probably on the down side of his career, and is surely falling below some of the younger guys in the league with fresh legs.

To me, the 2009 version of Gore is a middle of the road RB in the NFL. It is too bad. He's a great kid. But, playing RB is brutal in the NFL, and he doesn't have the same game as two years ago.

Where did you come up with that.
I say hes 4th best back in the league.

Ugh, MD. Just ugh.

He's still averaging over 4 yards a touch. He has at least 1,000 a season. When he ran for 1700 in 2006, he touched the ball 312 times, compared to last year when he only touched 240 times in a Martz offense and grabbed just over 1,000.

I have a hard time knocking Frank Gore when his last two coordinators were Hostler (UGH) and Martz, with guys like Barry Sims on the o-line and spotty QB play.

Hard to produce when the team, in general, isn't producing.
  • jon59
  • Info N/A
hes definitely a good starting runningback, however he does not have breakaway speed, and he has huge durability issues.

when hes completely healthy he is very good, however that is not often.

lets just hope he doesn't have a drop off like larry johnson, or edge, or even LT of late, our offense needs the frank gore of 2006 really bad
Oh shut up.

definitely top 5... i challenge anyone to give me a runnning back thats done what Gore has done with a sorry passing game.. this year might be the first in Gore's career that he may not face 8 -9 man fronts everydown. LT i'd say #1.. all day A.peterson #2(but still has'nt done it long enough).. Portis has always been consistant #3.. Gore #4 and steven jax #5.. I purposely did not add any running backs that excel by way of committee (too much help ..see B.jacobs) ..i like turner, but lets see how well he do this year with everyone game planning for him. 1 solid yr does'nt warrant a top 5.
top 10.. i'd put him around 5 or 6
He's good but over rated. He is not good short yardage, doesn't score many td's, has a fumbling problem, and hasn't stayed healthy very much so far in his career. That being said he hasn't reached his full potential yet either and some of those problems can be worked on so if can fix some of those things he could be top 3. As of right now 7th or 8th overall.
Originally posted by Thizz415:

Where did you come up with that.

i was wondering the same thing... name another niners running back that went for 1000 yards in 3 straight seasons.. better yet give me a running back not named marshall faulk that ran for 1000 under mad mike
All i gutta say is go look at the 06 Gore highlights on youtube, and he was amazing.
Share 49ersWebzone