Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Brooks 2 sacks tonight, guaranteed.

I quoted you just so you wouldn't edit!!!

Hopefully he plays long enough to get them.

is the game broadcast over on the islands? or are you going to watch NFLN?

I'm gonna watch it on NFLN!!!

I'm so glad this is on NFLN-- got it set to record already, so i can break it down as many times as i want-- lookin' forward to seeing Morgan make some great plays, so we can forget about Crabtree for now.

Crab who?
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

is the game broadcast over on the islands? or are you going to watch NFLN?

I'm gonna watch it on NFLN!!!

I'm so glad this is on NFLN-- got it set to record already, so i can break it down as many times as i want-- lookin' forward to seeing Morgan make some great plays, so we can forget about Crabtree for now.

Crab who?

This guy?
I been hard on this dude so let's hope he proves me wrong tonight and into the season
that second pick was entirely credited to brooks being in orton face! he mashed orton on that one!
Originally posted by 9er_84:
that second pick was entirely credited to brooks being in orton face! he mashed orton on that one!

Yup! He has a BURST "and" he can run over and through people. Most of all, he looked like he can contain the edge really well - more then I can say for Lawson to date.
oh and that play when he kept containment he was held like a mofo! he was complain about why the ref didnt call a flag lol but yea he still got his job done!
did he look good? i was working and couldnt watch the whole game, only bits and peices and radio until KNBR 1050's reception went to crap

haha I'm not a betting man so don't ask me to put money on that, but if i see tonight what I saw of him @ practice on Saturday. Look out Orton, hopefully Moreno has been taught how to pick up NFL rushers!

he didn't get two sacks but I would like to say he had a part in two INTs. He was baring down on Orton when he had the throw it before he wanted to on Bly's INT. And then he got the OL to false start forcing the Broncos in a 3rd and long, not 3rd and short, and thus the bad long pass that Smith INTed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

haha I'm not a betting man so don't ask me to put money on that, but if i see tonight what I saw of him @ practice on Saturday. Look out Orton, hopefully Moreno has been taught how to pick up NFL rushers!

he didn't get two sacks but I would like to say he had a part in two INTs. He was baring down on Orton when he had the throw it before he wanted to on Bly's INT. And then he got the OL to false start forcing the Broncos in a 3rd and long, not 3rd and short, and thus the bad long pass that Smith INTed.

LOL. Don't worry brah its all good!!! Thanks for trying though!!!

But I agree, Brooks did some good things tonight. And as I'm watching this game again, the O-lineman has a handful of his jersey.
Has the potential to beat out Manny. Has great exposion off the ball, but he is still very raw and undisciplined. IF he keeps at it he can be a good one!!! No sacks, but was in the backfield quite a bit!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Aug 15, 2009 at 3:44 AM ]

• ninerphan420
  • Info N/A
I thought he looked good...commentators pointed him out a few times
He did enough last night to stick. Now let's hope he improves on that.
He did some things and looked intriguing but he shouldn't have lost containment on the right side on that one run , he got handled.
Brooks played better than Lawson.... is that good or bad thing?

Frankly, I was hoping both Brooks & Manny would have shown much more in Pass Rush skill if the the 9ers ever hope to improve in that dept.

ZERO sacks in a whole pre-season game disturb me, and clearly it disturbed Coach Singletary as well as he openly said as much.
Is it just me or is Brooks around the ball more? He did show some good discipline off a very nice playaction by Jamarcus.
Share 49ersWebzone