LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ahmad Brooks

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Brooks 2 sacks tonight, guaranteed.

I quoted you just so you wouldn't edit!!!

Hopefully he plays long enough to get them.

haha I'm not a betting man so don't ask me to put money on that, but if i see tonight what I saw of him @ practice on Saturday. Look out Orton, hopefully Moreno has been taught how to pick up NFL rushers!
There's some sentiment from the club that he can be a better pass rusher than Manny Lawson. According to Barrows!!! Wow!!

I feel like this right now on all 49er levels...
[ Edited by ninertico on Aug 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM ]

is the game broadcast over on the islands? or are you going to watch NFLN?
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ninertico:
I think he sticks. However, I think this is more an indictment against the Niners for neglecting to address depth in this position in 2009 than Brooks being a good football player. He just isn't.

I just do not see any reason for excitement in Brooks. He continues to disappoint.

Marcus Hudson will play a larger role for the Niners in 2009 than Brooks, and I believe Hudson has about....one thread on the board (Brooks has five active threads).

You are worse than a bulldog when it comes to this cat. The bottom line is that you agree that he sticks, period. There is no justifying your position that our team neglected the depth at WILL and SAM. Instead, they evaluated the talent we had on our team at those position and felt they had what was needed. That is evident in the trade we had with Carolina. We passed on Brown for the future because they thought we had enough to do damage...obviously.

Your contention that Brooks is a slime, IYO, is based on his history away from the influences of Singletary. I think, IMO, that you underestimate the magnitude that Singletary has on each one of his players including Brooks. In fact, it has been documented in local media that Brooks received Singletary's wrath for missing just one day of OTA's...OTA's shouldn't be that big of a deal in most peoples' eyes...not Singletary.

Brooks, has talent, period. Whether he uses it wisely is the issue.

I respect your experience in evaluating young potential NFL players, but I simply disagree with your position. I believe that Singletary will actually reach him and transform him into the player he can be.

I just hope for Brooks' sake and our team's pass rush, that you are wrong!

You assume that Singletary has magical powers that no other head coach or position coach or defensive coordinator has been able to tap in Brooks. I will believe it when I see it. And, I didn't see it all of last season when Singletary was Brooks' position coach.

I will go by Brooks' history of worthlessness in this league, and say that his impact will be tiny, not even worth board consideration.

Thank you!!! I think Sing will be a good coach, but I do not understand why people think he has Jedi powers?? Most of these players are at least 22 years old. If the light has not come on yet, it never will.

Not true...When i was 22 i was still pretty immature the "light" had not really gone off for me in alot of senses.

Ya thats just a foolish statement, so ur saying if ur not all ur cut out to be by 22 then ur just gonna fail? 99% of the NFL doesnt have the lightbulb come on until 25+ i would say....
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
There's some sentiment from the club that he can be a better pass rusher than Manny Lawson. According to Barrows!!! Wow!!

Except.... Manny has not shown any evidence he has NFL pass rush skill, so Im not sure that is actully saying a lot about Brooks.

Bottom Line: it's a new season, lets hope both Manny and Brooks found their groove and all of a sudden exhibit they can indeed be Pass Rush demons!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Manny better step his game up before Brooks really emerges and takes his job.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Manny better step his game up before Brooks really emerges and takes his job.

Either way, we win. We have some solid depth at pass rus...hey, wait a minute! I just said solid depth...

Seriously though, Haralson, Lawson and Brooks could be a formidable combo if both Ahmad and Manny excel at their new positions in preseason.

Tonight will tell and I will be heavily monitoring the edges.

I am so excited...one more hour and I am out of here!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by ninertico:
I think he sticks. However, I think this is more an indictment against the Niners for neglecting to address depth in this position in 2009 than Brooks being a good football player. He just isn't.

I just do not see any reason for excitement in Brooks. He continues to disappoint.

Marcus Hudson will play a larger role for the Niners in 2009 than Brooks, and I believe Hudson has about....one thread on the board (Brooks has five active threads).

You are worse than a bulldog when it comes to this cat. The bottom line is that you agree that he sticks, period. There is no justifying your position that our team neglected the depth at WILL and SAM. Instead, they evaluated the talent we had on our team at those position and felt they had what was needed. That is evident in the trade we had with Carolina. We passed on Brown for the future because they thought we had enough to do damage...obviously.

Your contention that Brooks is a slime, IYO, is based on his history away from the influences of Singletary. I think, IMO, that you underestimate the magnitude that Singletary has on each one of his players including Brooks. In fact, it has been documented in local media that Brooks received Singletary's wrath for missing just one day of OTA's...OTA's shouldn't be that big of a deal in most peoples' eyes...not Singletary.

Brooks, has talent, period. Whether he uses it wisely is the issue.

I respect your experience in evaluating young potential NFL players, but I simply disagree with your position. I believe that Singletary will actually reach him and transform him into the player he can be.

I just hope for Brooks' sake and our team's pass rush, that you are wrong!

You assume that Singletary has magical powers that no other head coach or position coach or defensive coordinator has been able to tap in Brooks. I will believe it when I see it. And, I didn't see it all of last season when Singletary was Brooks' position coach.

I will go by Brooks' history of worthlessness in this league, and say that his impact will be tiny, not even worth board consideration.

Thank you!!! I think Sing will be a good coach, but I do not understand why people think he has Jedi powers?? Most of these players are at least 22 years old. If the light has not come on yet, it never will.

Not true...When i was 22 i was still pretty immature the "light" had not really gone off for me in alot of senses.

Ya thats just a foolish statement, so ur saying if ur not all ur cut out to be by 22 then ur just gonna fail? 99% of the NFL doesnt have the lightbulb come on until 25+ i would say....

Are you guys telling me you don’t see a difference between your typical working adult at 22 years old and a 22 year old pro athlete? WE use our brains, THEY use the bodies.

Typical adults work from the early twenties, to the late sixties. Typical athletes play from the late teens to the mid thirties (if they are really good). There is a much smaller window for athletes to develop a work ethic and establish themselves. People screw around then switch jobs and get a fresh start all the time, which is just not an option for professional athletes.

If you were/are immature and slightly worthless at 22, you are not a lost cause. If an athlete has not learned that all he has to do is stay in shape, eat well, and learn ONE play book, by 22… Odds are that player will not cut it. Quarterbacks are the exaction to this rule, in large part do to the fact that their position is much more cerebral.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm gonna watch it on NFLN!!!

hopefully he'll turn into a decent roleplayer.
Originally posted by BigMar:

Except.... Manny has not shown any evidence he has NFL pass rush skill, so Im not sure that is actully saying a lot about Brooks.

Bottom Line: it's a new season, lets hope both Manny and Brooks found their groove and all of a sudden exhibit they can indeed be Pass Rush demons!

I'm gonna be watching too! Everyone in my house will be asleep or gone so I will be able to kick back with my popcorn and rewind as many times as I need to!
Originally posted by tohara3:

I'm gonna be watching too! Everyone in my house will be asleep or gone so I will be able to kick back with my popcorn and rewind as many times as I need to!

You sure you wont wake anyone up?

I'm gonna watch it on NFLN!!!

I'm so glad this is on NFLN-- got it set to record already, so i can break it down as many times as i want-- lookin' forward to seeing Morgan make some great plays, so we can forget about Crabtree for now.
Share 49ersWebzone