There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who Would You Say Michael Crabtree Compares to in the NFL?

In the past I wasnt to high on the kid...but this year he reminds me of Bolden. Really good hands, nothing flashy in the speed and agility department, but tough after the catch picking up quiet yards.
Crabtree is a modern Michael Irvin. You can see it in his mannerism, hands and physicality.
I think Boldin is a good comparison in terms of style and ability, but not physically.
he reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson.
a mix of jerry rice and T.O
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
John Taylor. John Taylor had that same cutback and slide sideways move to make the defender(s) miss after the catch also. John seemed to breakaway more though.

I like it.
Hakeem Nicks
Don't insult Crabtree by comparing him to the joke that is Wes Welker.

Wes Welker is not even a Top 100 current NFL wide receiver. He is the token "gadget guy" receiver whom Belichick and Brady have made into a "star" by firing 80 WR screens to him a year while he runs behind a convoy of blockers and out of bounds for 7 yard gains.

He has brick hands, 4.7 speed, and absolutely no ability to shed tacklers whatsoever. When he's not catching a screen pass, he's running an underneath pattern (usually a drag of some sort) and beating a linebacker.

Julian Edelman is a better player than Wes Welker. There have been thousands of little gadget, quintessential #3s who could do what Welker does in that system. Don Beebe, Tim Dwight, Dennis Northcutt, Eddie Royal, Randall Cobb, Kelvin Martin, Josh Reed...THOSE are the guys Welker should be compared to.

Not a legitimate starting wide receiver like Crabtree, who is extremely tough and dangerous after the catch.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Crabtree is pretty unique. I guess I'd compare him to Miles Austin. Both have great hands, always catch away from their body, and have YAC ability.

Austin has terrible hands. What Austin is is a great athlete. Size, strength, speed, leaping ability. He just can't stay healthy.

Crabtree's tough as nails and has tons of heart. He has great hands. I don't think there's a particularly good comparison.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarshallfaulkYouIdio:
Don't insult Crabtree by comparing him to the joke that is Wes Welker.

Wes Welker is not even a Top 100 current NFL wide receiver. He is the token "gadget guy" receiver whom Belichick and Brady have made into a "star" by firing 80 WR screens to him a year while he runs behind a convoy of blockers and out of bounds for 7 yard gains.

He has brick hands, 4.7 speed, and absolutely no ability to shed tacklers whatsoever. When he's not catching a screen pass, he's running an underneath pattern (usually a drag of some sort) and beating a linebacker.

Julian Edelman is a better player than Wes Welker. There have been thousands of little gadget, quintessential #3s who could do what Welker does in that system. Don Beebe, Tim Dwight, Dennis Northcutt, Eddie Royal, Randall Cobb, Kelvin Martin, Josh Reed...THOSE are the guys Welker should be compared to.

Not a legitimate starting wide receiver like Crabtree, who is extremely tough and dangerous after the catch.

Obviously, you're not a golfer.
I say John Taylor. Not a superstar but is great at getting those crucial YAC yardage especially on third down.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I say John Taylor. Not a superstar but is great at getting those crucial YAC yardage especially on third down.

Uh, John Taylor was a superstar.

Crabtree's nowhere near the talent Taylor was. But he's far more durable. Taylor couldn't stay healthy. Taylor was a unique player, and comparing anyone to him is utterly laughable and shows you never watched him play. Taylor had a "God mode" after the catch where he was absolutely untouchable. He was like Terrell Owens with Hakeem Nicks's hands.
[ Edited by MarshallfaulkYouIdio on Nov 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
a 4th receiver on a GOOD team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Originally posted by pdizo916:

You're a dead person on a good planet.