There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

Originally posted by BigMar:
David Baas is a player. Did you guys watch closely? David got better and better and better as the season went on after being inserted into the line-up.

Originally posted by BigMar:
David Baas is a player. Did you guys watch closely? David got better and better and better as the season went on after being inserted into the line-up.

Here is a fact for you. Baas has started 22 games in 4 years. He has never started more than 9 games in a season. It really doesn't matter why he has only started 22 games. That is all there is.

I don't know that you necessarily consider extending the contract of a guy in this position. Even if he is getting better, he still has something to prove. I would suggest that we wait until game 10 of this season before it is considered. Up to him to prove his worth.
Originally posted by LilMar:
His name is David Bass!

It is?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

this.

Let's see how baas does this season and then decide on what to do.

who started that whole "this." trend.

it doesnt make sense. if you agree, either just quote it and say nothing else, or say "i agree". somebody did it, and everyone thought it was clever, and now its being over exhausted

really... this irritates you?
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by LilMar:
His name is David Bass!

It is?

yep
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by LilMar:
His name is David Bass!

It is?

only according to LilMar
He was the 33rd pick in the 2005 draft and after 4 years is just finally now an official starter. He hasn't earned s**t.
If we could I would say yes but his agent wouldn't due to the fact that he isn't at his full value yet. If he stays the starter and play's well he will get 3x the amount of money he could ask for now.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
If we could I would say yes but his agent wouldn't due to the fact that he isn't at his full value yet. If he stays the starter and play's well he will get 3x the amount of money he could ask for now.

Yes, there seems truth to what you state. However, if the offer is "pretty good", he may really accept. After all, what becomes of his value if he gets injured or struggles early on? He can take a good deal that provides security and a good jump in pay... or take his chances on the big contract from SF or another team by waiting it out. If he's very happy in SF and the offer is good (not great)? Interesting gamble... either way, I wouldn't mind waiting a lil while longer before extending his deal.
naw not yet
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 797
He will be far too expensive if we don't lock him up before he hits free agency. If he is able to remain healthy this season we will regret not extending him early
I like him a lot actually. We finally have the chance to start creating stability along our OL, so I think that now would be a good time to lock him up. He's an absolute mauler (which is exactly what Scotty likes). Now the real question is, how much is he going to demand?
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,462
I think he'll perfectly fit the new offensive system and if he's willing to extend for a reasonable price now I'd do it. I hate over paying for guards and synder could probably do a similar job if he does go.
sure why not. hes good and its been awhile since weve had a lifetime 49er...we need more Bryant Young types.
Originally posted by Nuns:
He will be far too expensive if we don't lock him up before he hits free agency. If he is able to remain healthy this season we will regret not extending him early

there it is.