There are 792 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

Originally posted by LilMar:
His name is David Bass!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Baas
I say he's good (not great), but is very replaceable...Let him play out the year and drive the price up for somebody else..We have two 1st. rounders and a 2nd. , we can find a great LG in the draft next year, not to mention FA...
Originally posted by Sactown49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

what he said

What they said

U said it amen
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by LilMar:
His name is David Bass!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Baas

Not yet
If he has a solid year in '09 then give em one, until then no.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

what he said

that's the way to go.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's the weak link on the offensive line, and is going to need a stellar year to receive serious attention from the Niners.

In the end, I believe he has less than a 50% chance of being on the team next year.

I hope that's a joke when we saw trash like Barry Sims a big chunk of the season.

I don't consider the weakest link the guy who surrendered zero sacks and was our best run blocker along with Chilo.
He's the weak link on the offensive line, and is going to need a stellar year to receive serious attention from the Niners.

In the end, I believe he has less than a 50% chance of being on the team next year.

Word!

Not to mention he is injury prone. Unless he blows the doors off I really dont want us to waist big money on him. He seems like the kind of guy that will be injured half his career.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Word!

Not to mention he is injury prone. Unless he blows the doors off I really dont want us to waist big money on him. He seems like the kind of guy that will be injured half his career.

He was healthy all season genius.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Word!

For the first time in his whole Niner career Genius...

We're talking about a guy that got injured bench pressing..... lol

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 4, 2009 at 23:46:11 ]
This is an excerpt from an article John Crumpacker (Chronicle) just wrote on Staley's extension:

"Other players recently extended include outside linebacker Parys Haralson, center Eric Heitmann and left guard David Baas."

I didn't hear about Baas getting extended...maybe I missed it, or he's wrong about it.

If he hasn't been extended, I'd like to see it happen...he still has some doubters, and that's fine. But, he's a big mauler, and when he and Rachal became the starting OG's, our OL play was definitely better. I don't think he's really hit his stride yet, for several reasons. Extend him now...shouldn't be a big contract...keep the OL together.

Word!

Wrong again. He was on the bench most of his career behind guys like Larry Allen, Adam Synder, Tony Wragge and Justin Smiley.

Baas never truly had his chance to start under Nolan like a lot of our young players.

Word!

Wrong again. He was on the bench most of his career behind guys like Larry Allen, Adam Synder, Tony Wragge and Justin Smiley.

Baas never truly had his chance to start under Nolan like a lot of our young players.

Your right, sign him immediately

Word!

We're talking about a guy that got injured bench pressing..... lol

lol Coming from a guy that's probably never bench pressed over 350 pounds like David Baas does in the weight room.