There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by BigMar:
If 9ers loose David Baas, who eactly takes his place without missing a heartbeat?

And don't tell me Tony Wragge or Adam Synder.

You act like David Baas is a huge step up from either of those two

wow, thanks for the laugh.
Originally posted by Hopper:
If 9ers loose David Baas, who eactly takes his place without missing a heartbeat?

Baas is clearly a step up from Synder IMO. Syder sucked at LG. Why is it that people think because he hasn't made the probowl, he sucks? Baas is at least a solid starter.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Baas is clearly a step up from Synder IMO. Syder sucked at LG. Why is it that people think because he hasn't made the probowl, he sucks? Baas is at least a solid starter.

He's an average player, at best. I'd probably rank him somewhere in the late teens, early twenties for starting LG's in this league.

Baas will get his shot to impress the team this season, but clearly appears to be the weak link in the OL if M. Smith is healthy in 2009.
If he does something to earn a new contract,I would say he has been serviceable at best so far,not really worthy of the kind of contract he will probably seek.Now if he takes a page from Smith and takes a smaller contract to play for us,then maybe it is worth considering,I just am not sure that we cannot get a better one cheaper if he wants the big money.
I'm a big Michigan fan and was so excited when we drafted him. However, for whatever reasons he has not dominated like I thought he would. Hopefully with our Oline coming back intack everyone including Baas will get better. Sure, if we could resign him at a decent price now that would be great. But he hasn't earned a big contract yet.
Me
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

i second that notion. This should be our top priority.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

i second that notion. This should be our top priority.

If its the last thing we ever do! Willis is key to our season. Sure ther is 11 men on the field, but willis is unreplaceable
Does Baas move back into the starting lineup now that he is healthy?
This whole drafting guards with high second round picks, then letting them walk after four years is getting tiring. Smiley was a great guard, they should have re signed him after year 3. Now he is kicking arse for the dolphins.

Now Baas will be in his final contract year, and the niners will let him walk. Good organizations like the Steelers re up players before their contract year. Please re up Chilo Rachal after year 2 or year 3 like you did with Staley.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
SF can still sign Baas up a lil later. I think he played very well last season, but for whatever the reasons (injuries/depth/Nolan), he has not started that many games. Maybe check him out a short ways into the season, and then extend him.

Yes

cosigned. Wait and see how hes going before signing him to a long term deal. Make sure that foot heals. lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame

big head needs a big contract
Originally posted by jta854:
Does Baas move back into the starting lineup now that he is healthy?

yes.
He is injured half the time!!!!!!!!!
He has been a bit of a disappointment. I'd let him play this season before making a decision. He is replaceable.