There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who thinks David Baas should get new contract?

I love how the 9ers are being pro-active signing our young studs like Joe Staley. But why is not massive earth mover David Baas been offered a contract extension. Him and Chilo Rachal are two freak'en beasts on our line!
sign Willis first
SF can still sign Baas up a lil later. I think he played very well last season, but for whatever the reasons (injuries/depth/Nolan), he has not started that many games. Maybe check him out a short ways into the season, and then extend him.
I do....I expect he will have a big year.
Depends what kind of contract we're talking. Anything more than what's worth an average guard and no. He's not all that special.
Originally posted by billybonka:
sign Willis first

this.

Let's see how baas does this season and then decide on what to do.
sign Willis first

what he said
Originally posted by oldman9er:
SF can still sign Baas up a lil later. I think he played very well last season, but for whatever the reasons (injuries/depth/Nolan), he has not started that many games. Maybe check him out a short ways into the season, and then extend him.

Yes
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Yes

Agree. Don't wait all year and let him be a FA unless you don't want him.
If Baas has a very good season, and i think he is primed to do so, there will be multiple teams bidding for his service. The 9ers dont have another, young 335 lb bruiser on the roster at guard other than Chilo.

I dont see Heitmann ever moving to guard. I dont see Snyder ever moving to guard, I dont think Wragge is as talented as Baas and I dont see Cody Wallace ever being a guard.

I think the 9ers are asking for trouble upon waiting to extend Baas contract.

By the way.... anyone hear or read any news on Cody Wallace. He is one player that is quiet as a mouse. I hope he bulked up in the off-season at least?
Originally posted by susweel:
sign Willis first

what he said

What they said
sign Willis first
Originally posted by jayb49er:
sign Willis first
He's the weak link on the offensive line, and is going to need a stellar year to receive serious attention from the Niners.

In the end, I believe he has less than a 50% chance of being on the team next year.