LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by dcsham:
With the seachickens coming up, my hope is that our stadium will be just as loud.

Marvin, when you toured the place did you get any idea of how close the stands will be to the field? It looks to me like this place is on a pretty small footprint inside, so I'm hoping this place will be a nightmare for visiting teams in terms of crowd noise.

nope, it's gonna be all meek, silicon valley-type nerdies, bandwagoner filipinoesand other assorted AZNs, and rich yuppies from santa cruz and monterey who will only make noise and get loud when the OFFENSE is on the field...

y u gotta be so races....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam

Here is every NFL stadium's big screen in infographic form, including the proposed new BEHEMOTH Texans screen http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/188xs6i6oc7h2png/original.png
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM ]
Bump. I plan on taking a drive to the construction site this weekend to see how we are doing. Wish I could get a look inside. Maybe I'll see what I can do
Originally posted by Jcool:

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam

Here is every NFL stadium's big screen in infographic form, including the proposed new BEHEMOTH Texans screen http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/188xs6i6oc7h2png/original.png

niners?

oh, it's so small.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
niners?

oh, it's so small.

what about our new one? i have to think itll be at least as big as the current jets/giants one.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Heres a chart that gives actual sizes.

The new stadium website says:

Quote:
colossal HD video boards measuring over 13,000 square feet

Not sure if that's each, or combined. All I can find on Metlife stadium is that each of their 4 screens are 30 x 118 feet.

Can anybody figure out what the specs would be in comparison with this info?
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i went by the chart i just posted for metlife which says 114x30. that comes out to 3420 Sq.Ft. each. so 6,840Sq. Ft. combined for 2 boards (Metlife has 4).

So our new ones combined will be almost double the size of 2 of their boards. We will only have 2 if im not mistaken.
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM ]
Just a reminder to anybody that's financing their SBL's for the new stadium. First payment is due this Friday, Jan 4th 2013. I told my buddy today and he had no idea. From what I remember, you might be pretty screwed if you miss one of the required payments. This being the first, the next is Jan 1st 2014, and the last being March 1st 2014. After that is goes to the financing and interest, blah blah blah.

So anyway, make your payment!
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM ]
I live in Toronto so it makes no difference to me, but if you shell out all this cash now, and then in 5 years you move or decide to cancel your tickets for whatever reason is the SBL money just gone, or do you get it back from the next person that buys your spot??

Originally posted by bigmur49:
I live in Toronto so it makes no difference to me, but if you shell out all this cash now, and then in 5 years you move or decide to cancel your tickets for whatever reason is the SBL money just gone, or do you get it back from the next person that buys your spot??

You gotta sell em to get your money back. If you ever miss renewing your season tickets, you forfeit your SBL.
That is rough. I guess the good thing is they will be in demand for the next 10 years of the Harbaugh dynasty so if you do need to sell them you'll be able to! Imagine if they had tried to do this during the Erickson/Nolan era!
Paid mine today.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Paid mine today.

You're canadian brother is on the plan, bigmur.
***It's actually the second payment
Share 49ersWebzone