There are 217 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
You're right in that SF is a better venue than Miami. The problem with SF is that it has an unproven track record. Not only that, you're trying to host a SB in a good city with the stadium being offsite. This is where access, transportation, etc. can become an issue. I would love to see a SB in SF, but I think it would be a risk for the NFL to do it. It would be smarter to host it in an indoor venue. Dallas, Houston, or even NO would be good options, although from what everyone is saying...chances are that SF would get it over Miami.

I have no idea where you are getting your transportation, risk, etc. information. Obviously you do not live in the bay area to have any comprehension of traffic in this area of the bay. Getting to/from this place is going to be a breeze...101, 680, 880, 280, 237, and light rail + busses running right down Tasman. Guadalupe Parkway from the West. If you don't know what any of that means, you don't have a clue.

Agreed.

For the reasons that you've pointed out, I think no way we get the 50th Superbowl. Too big, of an occasion to give it to a first time city.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
You're right in that SF is a better venue than Miami. The problem with SF is that it has an unproven track record. Not only that, you're trying to host a SB in a good city with the stadium being offsite. This is where access, transportation, etc. can become an issue. I would love to see a SB in SF, but I think it would be a risk for the NFL to do it. It would be smarter to host it in an indoor venue. Dallas, Houston, or even NO would be good options, although from what everyone is saying...chances are that SF would get it over Miami.

I have no idea where you are getting your transportation, risk, etc. information. Obviously you do not live in the bay area to have any comprehension of traffic in this area of the bay. Getting to/from this place is going to be a breeze...101, 680, 880, 280, 237, and light rail + busses running right down Tasman. Guadalupe Parkway from the West. If you don't know what any of that means, you don't have a clue.

Agreed.

For the reasons that you've pointed out, I think no way we get the 50th Superbowl. Too big, of an occasion to give it to a first time city.

Well..there's always Jacksonville
Are some of you too young to remember where Super Bowl XIX was held?

Wasn't that supposed to be in SF, but there was an earthquake?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Wasn't that supposed to be in SF, but there was an earthquake?

I'm sooooooooooo pumped right now!!!

My rep just emailed me. The 49ers have allocated our seats in the new stadium and I couldn't be happier! Patience IS a virtue. Got exactly what I wanted for the family. Four seats together, on the aisle three steps from the concourse. SCORE!!!!!!! Sec 307 row 6!!!!! There are only five rows in the 3D Stadium Seating viewer. Don't know if they added that last row, but we are on it.

Michele's knees and my back thank the Lord for this.

I hadn't done this in awhile, so....

Marvin, you stalker. Thanks for the pictures.

I haven't checked in on it for a week or so but holy f'ing s word. Wow, it is really starting to like the final picture as far as the steel shell is concerned. Looks like they have one more layer on top to go though? The base of it is pretty much what it will look like though. Unreal and thanks again those up close pictures do so much more justice than the cams so far away.
Great pics Marvin.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Marvin, you stalker. Thanks for the pictures.

I haven't checked in on it for a week or so but holy f'ing s word. Wow, it is really starting to like the final picture as far as the steel shell is concerned. Looks like they have one more layer on top to go though? The base of it is pretty much what it will look like though. Unreal and thanks again those up close pictures do so much more justice than the cams so far away.

The closest section to being finished is the one that is featured in most of the above pictures. As you can see they have built to the ful height in just that corner. See below...

Looks like they have started to add the precast to the stadium.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
have they announced the name yet ?
Yep, marvin that is the top of the stadium for that little part. The rest has a layer to go. Thanks so much. Like I said those do it so much more justice than the far away cams.

Susweel, no name yet. Just a guess but that could be a year off yet. You would think they would start taking bid in early 2014, maybe sooner. Colts got 20 years 122 million. I don't see us going that long... maybe trying to get a 10 year, 200 million dollar offer but that's a guess. Being that Santa Clara is in Silicon Valley and a center for technology they should have a lot more offers and options and should get more money than Indy. Either way it will help pay off a good chunk of the stadium.

edit: colts announced their deal feb 28 2006 and broke ground sept 2005 so then again that's 5 months. So who knows maybe early to mid 2013 we start taking offers. Probably depends on the team. If they wanted to they could choose not to accept a deal and call it 49ers stadium like the Cowboys who couldn't find a good deal. Like I said I see us having more options though.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
if any of you are members on the 49ers.com forum theres a guy named BillWalshField who posts pictures from the ground on a regular basis that are pretty cool

Heres the link to that thread

http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.php?t=131710&page=44
Are my eyes deceiving me or is that the first portion of precast concrete!?!

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone