There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I noticed that in a few highlights I was watching a few days ago. In one clip, he actually dove on the ground when the defenders started to catch up with him...

What was the situation... Frank tends to do that late in the game when he doesn't want the defender to push him out of bound to stop the clock.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I noticed that in a few highlights I was watching a few days ago. In one clip, he actually dove on the ground when the defenders started to catch up with him...

What was the situation... Frank tends to do that late in the game when he doesn't want the defender to push him out of bound to stop the clock.

That could have been it, but it looked more like he was concerned with fumbling. He kept looking back with two arms wrapped around the ball and when they caught up with him he finally dove on the ground.
Originally posted by hb123:
his name is what use for all my passwords

Awesome, what's your name....
Originally posted by verb1der:
Thing that makes me sad about Frank is how he can't break tackles like he used to

wtf? he does that all the time..he just has 0, absolute 0 breakaway speed
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wtf? he does that all the time..he just has 0, absolute 0 breakaway speed

"0 break away speed"? Do you realize that the guy had 11 rushes of 20+ yards? Thats good for 3rd in the entire NFL. He also had the 4th most rushes of 40+ yards. These stats don't even take into account the 47 yard run he had against the saints in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&qualified=true
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Thing that makes me sad about Frank is how he can't break tackles like he used to

wtf? he does that all the time..he just has 0, absolute 0 breakaway speed

I would say finishing speed he lacks, cause he can break tackles and get into the secondary but he can't finish the run and gets caught from behind
Originally posted by DirtyP:
"0 break away speed"? Do you realize that the guy had 11 rushes of 20+ yards? Thats good for 3rd in the entire NFL. He also had the 4th most rushes of 40+ yards. These stats don't even take into account the 47 yard run he had against the saints in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&qualified=true

LOL the 47 yard run where he got caught from behind? exactly my point..im not saying he cant break a long run, i meant he gets caught from behind a lot where as in his younger days he woulda taken it to the house.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,360
gire gonna gire
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
"0 break away speed"? Do you realize that the guy had 11 rushes of 20+ yards? Thats good for 3rd in the entire NFL. He also had the 4th most rushes of 40+ yards. These stats don't even take into account the 47 yard run he had against the saints in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&qualified=true

LOL the 47 yard run where he got caught from behind? exactly my point..im not saying he cant break a long run, i meant he gets caught from behind a lot where as in his younger days he woulda taken it to the house.



Gets caught from behind @ 6:49 7:40 8:07 8:26

He broke one decent long run @ 10:40 against the Cards..he's still a beast though
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Gets caught from behind @ 6:49 7:40 8:07 8:26

He broke one decent long run @ 10:40 against the Cards..he's still a beast though

I guess what I don't understand is how only 3 players can have more long runs than a guy, yet at the same time you say he has ZERO breakaway speed. Getting caught from behind by a defensive back that runs a 4.3 after you've already run 40 yards down field doesn't mean you are slow. Obviously if he is running through opponents secondaries he has enough speed to break a long run whether or not he can take them all the way to the house. If you are talking about his straight line stop watch speed then yeah ok he's probably not one of the fastest running backs in the NFL. He has been a 4.6 guy his whole career and that includes 2006 yet he is among the leagues elite tailbacks in explosive runs every year of his career. To me his speed garners a little more respect than what you are giving it
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
"0 break away speed"? Do you realize that the guy had 11 rushes of 20+ yards? Thats good for 3rd in the entire NFL. He also had the 4th most rushes of 40+ yards. These stats don't even take into account the 47 yard run he had against the saints in the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_40PLUS_YARDS_EACH&tabSeq=0&season=2011&Submit=Go&experience=null&archive=false&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&qualified=true

LOL the 47 yard run where he got caught from behind? exactly my point..im not saying he cant break a long run, i meant he gets caught from behind a lot where as in his younger days he woulda taken it to the house.

gore has never had that speed where he's taken it all the way to the house even earlier in his career. He's always been caught by cornerbacks. He's still a beat tho
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I guess what I don't understand is how only 3 players can have more long runs than a guy, yet at the same time you say he has ZERO breakaway speed. Getting caught from behind by a defensive back that runs a 4.3 after you've already run 40 yards down field doesn't mean you are slow. Obviously if he is running through opponents secondaries he has enough speed to break a long run whether or not he can take them all the way to the house. If you are talking about his straight line stop watch speed then yeah ok he's probably not one of the fastest running backs in the NFL. He has been a 4.6 guy his whole career and that includes 2006 yet he is among the leagues elite tailbacks in explosive runs every year of his career.

he gets caught from behind all the time, he can't take it to the house like he used to. this is well known, not really even up for debate. i feel like im talking to a wall. lol
Originally posted by DirtyP:
I guess what I don't understand is how only 3 players can have more long runs than a guy, yet at the same time you say he has ZERO breakaway speed. Getting caught from behind by a defensive back that runs a 4.3 after you've already run 40 yards down field doesn't mean you are slow. Obviously if he is running through opponents secondaries he has enough speed to break a long run whether or not he can take them all the way to the house. If you are talking about his straight line stop watch speed then yeah ok he's probably not one of the fastest running backs in the NFL. He has been a 4.6 guy his whole career and that includes 2006 yet he is among the leagues elite tailbacks in explosive runs every year of his career.

he gets caught from behind all the time, he can't take it to the house like he used to. this is well known, not really even up for debate. i feel like im talking to a wall. lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he gets caught from behind all the time, he can't take it to the house like he used to. this is well known, not really even up for debate. i feel like im talking to a wall. lol

Who is getting caught from behind less? Name a guy who has breakaway speed that is actually breaking long runs with it. He only took it to the house 6 times in 06 and they were not all on long runs
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he gets caught from behind all the time, he can't take it to the house like he used to. this is well known, not really even up for debate. i feel like im talking to a wall. lol

Who is getting caught from behind less? Name a guy who has breakaway speed that is actually breaking long runs with it. He only took it to the house 6 times in 06 and they were not all on long runs

i could name all 18 players that had longer runs than gore, i could tell you that 11 of them all scored, but see that's not my point. the actual video i posted of him getting CAUGHT from behind is my point. In '09 against SEA he had 2 80 TD runs, he clearly doesn't have the breakaway speed he did back then.