LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Crabtree To Start Game 7???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think crabs should earn his spot in the lineup I'd rather see hill and morgan play.
If bruce is doing what he`s supposed to do and getting open and catching balls and making DB`s look foolish with his precise routs then no crabtree will be riding the bench all season.

first rd pick or not, If he doesnt outplay the other guys in front of him then he doesnt deserve to start.

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Aug 4, 2009 at 12:43:49 ]
My guess of the depth chart. Bruce - Morgan - Jones - Crabtree (still needs to learn if he can get to camp)
Barring injury, I don't think he's going to start any games this year. He's that far behind right now. He might, but I have zero expectations of Crabtree entering the game as a starter.

I still think he'll pick up 30 catches this season, but as a reserve.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Barring injury, I don't think he's going to start any games this year. He's that far behind right now. He might, but I have zero expectations of Crabtree entering the game as a starter.

If he even sees that now, he is fallin more n more below the curve
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
If he continues to hold out, he has a better chance of starting Game 7 of the world series than the season.
How could anyone say? He's unsigned and he was on the sidelines during all the minicamps and OTAs. As such, he hasn't shown any of us anything, so his starting or not starting any game this season isn't much more than a guess at this time.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Bruce will start the season and move aside with a lot of class around mid-season to third receiver.

They will want Crabtree to learn a few things and get the feel for the game for a little bit.

You don't understand the psyche of a champion. In his mind (and in all likelihood) Bruce is going to lead the team in receptions and possibly yards and go out on top. He isn't stepping aside for anybody.

If he had an inkling that they would try to force that on him, he wouldn't have come back this year.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He might be signed by Game 7 if we are lucky.

In which case Crabtree could not be expected to contribute much if anything his rookie season.

Rookie WRs have a really tough transition from college to NFL and missing OTAs then training camp plus several weeks of the season would be a huge setback in Crabtree's professional development.

The anti-Crabtree sentiment would be at a fever pitch by then.

I would hate to see it come to that.
I say no later than game 5.

He is acting like a punk and looks like he isnt an immediate need right now. Jones, Bruce, and Morgan are all practicing well. That's all that matters now.
i agree. anyway it´s reported he and the niners are about 8-10 mill apart on a contract. s**t he may not play all season if this is the case.
what a load of crap people! what makes you think he will start by week 7? he hasn't done crap & the other wr's are ahead of him and pulling away. he won't be a factor at all this year thanks to his dumb agent.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

once again brilliance MadDog!!
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
I think crabs should earn his spot in the lineup I'd rather see hill and morgan play.

Crabtree has proven NOTHING in the NFL.

He will have to earn his teammates respect and clearly show he is a NFL WR.

Right now he is the invisable WR.
Share 49ersWebzone