LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Crabtree To Start Game 7???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
I'm assuming you didn't go to the link from the SanFran Chronicle that Rotoworld listed. Check it out, quotes from Sing stating all of the above.

I read the article. And Singletary says nothing about Bruce coming back as a reserve.
Originally posted by NolanHasAPlan:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
if the quote is not from either of the Matt's, it didn't happen IMO.

-9fA

If you heard it on the zone, it is reliable.

I love you... but know I still hate you.
While I believe Bruce as a reserve is b.s., that is a point that he plays opposite Crabtree, where Morgan is. They need to find a way to get Morgan/Tree starting opposite by game 6.
We have many WR's on this roster,TC is going to be interesting this year
  • jrg
  • Veteran
He will be starting Game 1
Originally posted by jrg:

I would like to see him be #3 WR to start the season
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Did anybody read anything when Bruce resigned? He's not coming back as a starter!Bruce is coming back as a reserve, Sing said it and so did Bruce.
Also, Crabtree and Bruce dont play the same position, right now Crabtrees got to beat out Morgan to start.

very true about bruce, but, if crabtree and morgan prove to be the best receivers we have, they will both start. no way we bench them based on X,Y,Z's. a receiver is a receiver at the end of the day
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Oakland-Niner.
We have a lot of "potential" at the WR position, but really nobody whos done anything at the pro level. I would love to see the young guys get all the reps, but the reality is we need Bruce for insurance. Best case senerio, our young guys look so good in camp and pre-season, Bruce bows out like Jerry did in Denver. If you guys remember Jerry said if he wasn't good enough to start anymore he wouldn't play.
first off i agree with the poster above, that said we need to find a way to get crabtree and morgan on field at same time. As for bruce, i dont feel he needs to be on the field to do good for our team. He has alot of experience and can help give the guidance our young wrs need to progress in this league.

I completely would be alright with morgan crabtree davis with bruce or jones.
Originally posted by jrg:

If Crab is lucky, he will start in his home state, thats right @ Hou after our bye in week 7

[ Edited by global_nomad on Aug 4, 2009 at 09:49:07 ]

lets get him into camp first before we make these predictions...
let him sign first then will start talking about when he will start !
He might be signed by Game 7 if we are lucky.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
While I believe Bruce as a reserve is b.s., that is a point that he plays opposite Crabtree, where Morgan is. They need to find a way to get Morgan/Tree starting opposite by game 6.

Do you know that they moved or are moving Morgan so that we would have Bruce/Morgan, Crabtree/Morgan starting?
Originally posted by cNiner:
let him sign first then will start talking about when he will start !

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone