There are 189 users in the forums

Crabtree To Start Game 7???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bruce will start the season and move aside with a lot of class around mid-season to third receiver.

They will want Crabtree to learn a few things and get the feel for the game for a little bit.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on May 4, 2009 at 9:23 PM ]
before that
I say by game 3
[ Edited by solidg2000 on May 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM ]
Did anybody read anything when Bruce resigned? He's not coming back as a starter!Bruce is coming back as a reserve, Sing said it and so did Bruce.
Also, Crabtree and Bruce dont play the same position, right now Crabtrees got to beat out Morgan to start.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
before that
I say by game 3

well, he'll definitely get his chance in preseason to move up to starting even earlier. Chances are, Bruce will not play much in preseason, crabtree will probably start the 2nd or 3rd game and get some good chances to show his stuff.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Did anybody read anything when Bruce resigned? He's not coming back as a starter!Bruce is coming back as a reserve, Sing said it and so did Bruce.
Also, Crabtree and Bruce dont play the same position, right now Crabtrees got to beat out Morgan to start.

I have not read or heard that.

I find it hard to believe that even before the season is even close to beginning our leading WR has agreed to play as a back-up.

I would like to read the article. Do you have a cite?
link ?
Are you serious? You call yourselfs Vets!

"Bruce, 36, has been given an April 1 deadline to decide whether to retire or play again. He'd only be welcomed back as a reserve behind Brandon Jones."

rotoworld link

lock this thread
scroll down to the march 26th entry. Hell, even the April 1st entry has his roster status in question, and that was BEFORE we drafted Crabtree!
I think Rotoworld is already assuming that Brandon Jones was brought in as a starter but there is nothing in those links that says Bruce would only be welcomed back as a reserve (except what Rotoworld wrote).

Everything I've read says Jones will be competing for a starting spot. Nothing is being handed to anybody.

Notice how Rotoworld writes in blue (that's their interpretation of the article, not a statement of fact)
[ Edited by DesiDez on May 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM ]
I'm assuming you didn't go to the link from the SanFran Chronicle that Rotoworld listed. Check it out, quotes from Sing stating all of the above.

I'm assuming you didn't go to the link from the SanFran Chronicle that Rotoworld listed. Check it out, quotes from Sing stating all of the above.

Yeah, can you post the quote, because I read the article 3 times and I don't see where Singletary said that Bruce would only be welcomed back as a reserve?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/24/SPG916M2R1.DTL

where?
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Yeah, can you post the quote, because I read the article 3 times and I don't see where Singletary said that Bruce would only be welcomed back as a reserve?

Yes, I need a link that has Singletary quoted saying, "Isaac Bruce will be welcomed back as a reserve."

I have yet to see Singletary DIRECTLY quoted saying this.
if the quote is not from either of the Matt's, it didn't happen IMO.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
if the quote is not from either of the Matt's, it didn't happen IMO.

-9fA

If you heard it on the zone, it is reliable.
Share 49ersWebzone