There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree is a 49er!

Did he have any nicknames in college? That would make sense to look first.
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Dude has two nouns that don't break up well as nicknames.

T.O. 2000

Jerry Rice or John Taylor never had a nickname and I don't think he will either.

come on dude we always have fun doing this so just relax

CT?

Don't ever call me dude...it's Mr Cool to you.
ok Mr.COOL can you play along

I don't know. His name is tough to work with.


Mr. Crabs
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Did he have any nicknames in college? That would make sense to look first.

If I remember right on the post-game interview when they beat Texas at home Harrell just called him Crab.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Dude has two nouns that don't break up well as nicknames.

T.O. 2000

Jerry Rice or John Taylor never had a nickname and I don't think he will either.

come on dude we always have fun doing this so just relax

CT?

Don't ever call me dude...it's Mr Cool to you.
ok Mr.COOL can you play along

I don't know. His name is tough to work with.


Mr. Crabs

thats actually a good one

ima go with Mr.Crabs too
  • RedRaider49er
  • Info N/A
Crabtree nuff said!

At games in Lubbock the crowd would do pincers when Tech was in the red zone. 41 TD's later it was a pretty cool tradition. Also cheerleaders would do crab walks in the end zone after a score.

I graduated from Tech in 04 and am a life long 49er fan.
My name is Earl came to mind.... "Crabman"
  • carl
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,754
Everybody knows who Jerry Rice is. No idea who "The Goat" is...

Seems like everyone was pushing for Gore to have a nickname, he never got one... except I liked Mooch calling him the Inconvenient Truth. Too bad that never stuck. And Frank the Tank seemed to have a small following... it's hard to give someone a nickname when their last name is on the back of their jersey, y'know.

How about we call him Crabtree??? If he starts saying stupid things in press conferernces, we'll start calling him Crabby.
Originally posted by ezrider:
Crabtree = Crabs
Jean-Francois = Frenchy
Pascoe = Bear
Coffee = Bean

Sorry, Crabs and VD are not good for anybody
  • RedRaider49er
  • Info N/A
Here is something else you guys might like.

http://www.crankthatcrabtree.com/

Local Lubbock guy made it, you can download it on his myspace, pretty good spoof though.
I'll yell Crabtree when he catches it that is good enough.
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they say this dude doesnt have elite speed? he looks pretty damn fast against defenders. he looks like the real deal to me.




I agree, he looks fast but in that highlight reel it didn't seem like he was blowing DBs away on a regular basis. It was more like he was consistently squeaking through defenders/coverage on his way to the endzone which is still great but not the same. Let's see how he adjusts to the speed of the NFL where DB's will be able to hang with him more easily.

one analyst called him a faster anquan boldin. im soooo down with that hahaha. boldin torches people quite often so if this guy is supposed to be faster it shouldnt be a problem at all
  • Curent9rPlyrName
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by d49izme:
My name is Earl came to mind.... "Crabman"

Beat me to it.

Crabman
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
I agree, he looks fast but in that highlight reel it didn't seem like he was blowing DBs away on a regular basis. It was more like he was consistently squeaking through defenders/coverage on his way to the endzone which is still great but not the same. Let's see how he adjusts to the speed of the NFL where DB's will be able to hang with him more easily.

Dude, do you always gotta hate on everything to do with the Niners? Wow.




What are you talking about? Hate? Stop babbling. I commented on what I thought he looked like in the highlight reel (which is MY opinion) and said it was STILL GREAT even though it didn't seem like he was blowing guys away. That's negative???
[ Edited by Sabrason on Apr 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM ]
C-Tree
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
they say this dude doesnt have elite speed? he looks pretty damn fast against defenders. he looks like the real deal to me.




I agree, he looks fast but in that highlight reel it didn't seem like he was blowing DBs away on a regular basis. It was more like he was consistently squeaking through defenders/coverage on his way to the endzone which is still great but not the same. Let's see how he adjusts to the speed of the NFL where DB's will be able to hang with him more easily.

one analyst called him a faster anquan boldin. im soooo down with that hahaha. boldin torches people quite often so if this guy is supposed to be faster it shouldnt be a problem at all




I agree...if his speed and talent translate well into the NFL, I'll be even more excited then I am about his potential right now.