There are 296 users in the forums

49ers 2009 Schedule thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

10 Nov 12 CHI @ SF Candlestick Park 8:20 PM NFL NETWORK Thursday Night

Nolan will be back at Candlestick. I bet that's the first thing he searched for on the schedule.

edit: ahhhh...I thought Denver traded Nolan with Jay Cutler to make the trade fair.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We better go 4-1 before the bye week. Cause after we have a few softies and then some tough tough match ups.

This is a very tough stretch of games.

8 Nov 01 SF @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

9 Nov 08 TEN @ SF Candlestick Park 4:15 PM CBS

11 Nov 22 SF @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM FOX

12 Nov 29 JAC @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM CBS

This portion of the schedule worries me the most!
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
I'm glad we open against the Cardinals. Not that I needed any extra motivation to want the 49ers to destroy Arizona but ever since Warner said "God told me to resign with Arizona", DURING dinner with Singletary, I have wanted to see Warner crippled by our defense. Seriously, I hate that guy more then any other player in the NFL. He's a complete fraud.

Seriously, I hope we break him in half....

I was just thinking that I hope Patrick Willis walks up to Warner during pre-game warm ups and says "God told me to break you in half".
Weeks 7-11 will be our toughest stretch of the season but October will be impotant for us. The Niners have not won a game in the month of October in over 2 years. If we can get a win a game or two that month then maybe we have a chance to carry some momentum into that tough month of November.

GO NINERS IN 09'
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Nolan will be back at Candlestick. I bet that's the first thing he searched for on the schedule.

Whoa, when did Nolan go to the Bears. Did I miss something. The last I heard he was with Denver

????
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.

WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

What needs did we address? How many CONTRIBUTORS will we select in this draft?

We got Frank's favorite blocking FB back. We got a quality DE in Evans. And we got Marvel who if healthy, will be a very solid contributor.

WooHoo a FB, a backup DE & a oft injured RT to replace another oft injured RT. Whom we got like 2 months into FA. Not exactly a hot commodity no?

I haven't seen where our needs were addressed!

Maybe 2-3 of our young existing players will step up?

That's a possiblity. But not at the positions in which we need them to step up. I mean if we were good at drafting it would be another story!

Yea...if we would have drafted Michael Huff we wouldn't be having these problems!

...come on Krizay you set yourself up sometimes lmao

Dude! you still talking?

Abra Cadabrah

*POOF* be gone!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigRon:

Whoa, when did Nolan go to the Bears. Did I miss something. The last I heard he was with Denver

Epic Fail...the trade f**ked me up.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I'm glad we open against the Cardinals. Not that I needed any extra motivation to want the 49ers to destroy Arizona but ever since Warner said "God told me to resign with Arizona", DURING dinner with Singletary, I have wanted to see Warner crippled by our defense. Seriously, I hate that guy more then any other player in the NFL. He's a complete fraud.

Seriously, I hope we break him in half....

I was just thinking that I hope Patrick Willis walks up to Warner during pre-game warm ups and says "God told me to break you in half".

And I hope we get a close up of Warner's face when PW says that...
Much easier travel schedule than we have seen in recent years. Only two 3000 miles trips (to Philly - Dec 20, and to Indy - Nov 1). All the others are 2 times zones or less.

The Falcons will be coming off a bye when they play at Candlestick on Oct 11. No other opponents will be coming off a bye before playing the Niners.

Only a 4-day turnaround for the Nov 12 home game vs the Bears, but at least the Niners will be at home the preceding week (vs TEN) and not have any post-game travel issues from that TEN game. The Bears will be coming off a home game vs Arizona, but will have to spend a day traveling to SF in their short week.

The Dec 20 away game at Philly comes on the heels of a somewhat short week for the Eagles, who play the Giants in New York on the preceding Sunday night. Unfortunately, the Niners will have an even shorter week, plus the 3-time zone travel, after facing Arizona on the preceding Monday night. This looks like the toughest game on the Niner schedule.

4 likely bad weather games at GB (Nov 22), at Seattle (Dec 6), at Philly (Dec 20) and at home vs DET (Dec 27).

3 games in a dome: at MIN (Sep 27), at Indy (Nov 1), and at STL (Jan 3).

The Niners play 4 opponents who will be coming off a game vs the Rams: (Seattle in Game 2, Indy in Game 7, Seattle in Game 12, Arizona in Game 13).

The Niners play 3 opponents who will be coming off a game vs Arizona: (Bears in Game 9, Detroit in Game 15, STL in Game 16).

Niner bye is in Week 5. Other NFC West byes are: Arizona (Week 4), Seattle (Week 7), and STL (Week 9).

Toughest 6 games in descending order:
Dec 20 at Philly.
Nov 1 at Indy.
Sep 27 at Minny.
Nov 22 at GB.
Sep 13 at Arizona.
Dec 6 at Seattle.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Apr 14, 2009 at 5:06 PM ]

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We better go 4-1 before the bye week. Cause after we have a few softies and then some tough tough match ups.

This is a very tough stretch of games.

8 Nov 01 SF @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM FOX

9 Nov 08 TEN @ SF Candlestick Park 4:15 PM CBS

11 Nov 22 SF @ GB Lambeau Field 1:00 PM FOX

12 Nov 29 JAC @ SF Candlestick Park 4:05 PM CBS

This portion of the schedule worries me the most!

Ok well IND is most likely a loss. TEN really doesnt scare me in all honesty. They just lost their best player, plus their offense is very very weak. My dad is a Bears fan so trust me when I say that they Bears arent a team to be frightened of. They have no receivers, and no OL...plus this year Forte wont be as impressive as last year because teams will start to gameplan around him. GB could be tough no doubt. JAC has problems right now on offense and their secondary is nothing special.
damn! mn in the 3rd wk- i am dead - i live in mn...
I'm going to the Indianapolis game - PM me if anyone wants to join.
Looks like I'll be paying a week 3 visit to that dump they call the Metrodome.
Originally posted by Psinex:
at all the "easy schedule" & double digit wins predictions.

WE HAVE THE SAME SQUAD AS LAST YEAR! WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE KEY PIECES IN KEY PLACES!!!!!

We closed out the season 5-2. We've addressed needs in free agency. The draft is around the corner. For at least a day, be optimistic.

Have you actually been reading the news? We picked up a Pro Bowl LT Marvel Smith which is not the same black hole we had last year with Barry Sims. I would also call Mike Nolan a key piece...His playcalling alone cost us 2 or 3 games because we got killed underneath by playing too far back in the Big Nickel.

Share 49ersWebzone