There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*Projected* Niners Depth Chart (Updated 9/5/09)

I edited mine. I had Roman on there but my computer messed up and I forgot to re-add him when I re-typed it.
Wallace makes it, just because.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
QB: Hill, Smith, Davis
RB: Gore, Coffee, Sheets, Robinson, Norris
WR: Bruce, Battle, Morgan, Jones, Hill, Spurlock*
TE: Davis, Walker, Pascoe
OL: Staley, Baas, Heitman, Rachal, Snyder, Wragge, Wallace, Boone
DL: Smith, Franklin, Sopoaga, Balmer, McDonald, Evans, Francois
LB: Haralson, Willis, Spikes, Lawson, Brooks, McKillop, Ulbrich, Harris
DB: Clements, Bly, Spencer, Brown, Green, Goldson, Lewis, Smith
ST: Jennings, Nendney, Lee, Rossum

Im sorry but Mark Roman is making the team. If Boone has a good game tonight he has a chance to make the team but I'd be really suprised if he makes the final roster and I think we will be able to get him on our PS (If another team was that interested in him they would have drafted him and it's not like he has played that great in the pre-season)>

Actually, aside from an occasion or two, Boone has played really well in preseason so far, I think. He was nearly spectacular against Oakland, IMHO. I focused on him alot during preseason, and I really liked what I saw. Guy is massive, but moves well, and is a bulldozer on run plays.

He fell out of the draft because of his then very recent legal problems. Those are behind him now, and teams have some tape on him in NFL preseason action. One of them will like what they see, I believe.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Im sorry but Mark Roman is making the team. If Boone has a good game tonight he has a chance to make the team but I'd be really suprised if he makes the final roster and I think we will be able to get him on our PS (If another team was that interested in him they would have drafted him and it's not like he has played that great in the pre-season)>

Actually, aside from an occasion or two, Boone has played really well in preseason so far, I think. He was nearly spectacular against Oakland, IMHO. I focused on him alot during preseason, and I really liked what I saw. Guy is massive, but moves well, and is a bulldozer on run plays.

He fell out of the draft because of his then very recent legal problems. Those are behind him now, and teams have some tape on him in NFL preseason action. One of them will like what they see, I believe.

He played well vs Oakland but everyone played well vs Oakland because well they are the Raiders. He got a chance to play against 2nd string guys against Dallas (after playing mainly vs 3rd string guys vs Oak and Denv) and I didn't he played very well. He did okay (not great) run blocking and struggled a bit in pass protection. Like I said, I think we will easily be able to get him on our PS. I would be willing to bet ($20) he does not make the final roster.
  • Nyner
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Jason Hill will make the team. The 49ers need to go into the season with at least 5 WR's.

BRUCE, MORGAN, BATTLE, HILL, SPURLOCK OR ZIEGLER.

With Jones being injured and Crabs being a punk, it opens up a spot for Hill.

amen...can u imagine the problems they are going to have with him in the future.Re-negotiate for more money or I won't report. He's going to be a big pain in the butt.

He played well vs Oakland but everyone played well vs Oakland because well they are the Raiders. He got a chance to play against 2nd string guys against Dallas (after playing mainly vs 3rd string guys vs Oak and Denv) and I didn't he played very well. He did okay (not great) run blocking and struggled a bit in pass protection. Like I said, I think we will easily be able to get him on our PS. I would be willing to bet ($20) he does not make the final roster.

That twenty cyber dollars, or twenty real dollars. (Crabtree has nothing on us high roller fans. lol)

I didn't see a significant drop off in his play against Dallas, but may have missed something. If he's placed on waivers, any team could sign him, and he could wind up on their PS at this point. If he makes it to the PS, then a team would have to put him on the 53 man roster to take him.

So, if he makes it to the 53 man roster, he's likely safe for the year. I just don't know if he'll clear waivers.

Given the team's need for a RT, and the potential he represents, I just wouldn't take the risk. But that's just me, and I'm not saying you don't have good reasons to disagree.

So keep your $20, real or cyber, and let's just see what happens. You can always come back at me later with an "I told you so" if you want.

That twenty cyber dollars, or twenty real dollars. (Crabtree has nothing on us high roller fans. lol)

I didn't see a significant drop off in his play against Dallas, but may have missed something. If he's placed on waivers, any team could sign him, and he could wind up on their PS at this point. If he makes it to the PS, then a team would have to put him on the 53 man roster to take him.

So, if he makes it to the 53 man roster, he's likely safe for the year. I just don't know if he'll clear waivers.

Given the team's need for a RT, and the potential he represents, I just wouldn't take the risk. But that's just me, and I'm not saying you don't have good reasons to disagree.

So keep your $20, real or cyber, and let's just see what happens. You can always come back at me later with an "I told you so" if you want.

LOL, u got it buddy
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
QB's (3)- Shuan Hill, Alex Smith, Nate Davis

RB's/FB's (5)- Frank Gore, Glenn Cofee, Kory Sheets, Moran Norris, Michael Robinson

WR's (6)- Issac Bruce, Josh Morgan, Arnaz Battle, Brandon Jones, Michael Crabtree, Michael Spurlock (if Crabtree doesen't sign before the season I think they will use the extra roster spot to keep Jason Hill)

TE's (3)- Vernon Davis, Delaine Walker, Bear Pascoe

O-Line (9)- Joe Staley, David Baas, Eric Heitman, Chilo Rachal, Adam Snyder, Tony Wragge, Barry Sims, Cody Wallace, FA pickup (I look for the team to pickup a guy of waivers or even in trade (Tony Pashos?) )

D-line (6)- Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Kentwan Balmer ( think there is a outside chance the team keeps 7 d-lineman and Ricky Jean-Francois makes the roster)

Linebackers (8)- Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, Marques Harris, Scott McKillop, Jeff Ulbrich (There is an outside chance the team could keep Dyrall Briggs on the final roster if he has a strong game vs SD and it it looks like Ahmad Brooks won't be ready for the opener)

Cornerbacks (5)- Nate Clements, Dre Bly, Tarrell Brown, Shawntae Spencer, Marcus Hudson (I wouldn't be suprised at all if Eric Green makes the team with a strong performance against SD. It is tough to find solid corners with starting experince and I think Eric Green is just that. It's also possible he could just beat out Marcus Hudson but I doubt it and hope not because Hudson is a solid backu corner (and safety) and a really good ST's player.

Safeties (4)- Michael Lewis, Dashon Goldson, Mark Roman, Reggie Smith (I like Curtis Taylor's potential but I'd be really suprised if he makes the final roster but hopefully we can get him on the PS. If Lewis is not ready to go against AZ and looks like he may be shutting it down I would move Marcus Hudson back to safety and keep Eric Green)

KR- Allen Rossum
LS- Brian Jennings
K- Mike Coffer (just kidding, seeing if your paying attention) Joe Nedney
P- Andy Lee

Practice Squad:
Ricky Jean-Francois
Curtis Taylor
Dyrall Briggs
Dominique Ziegler
Alex Boone
Max Spanos
(that is a pretty solid ps)

So there it is, now if the team does only keep 8 O-Lineman, I think Eric Green, Dyrall Briggs or Ricky Jean-Francois make the finally roster with my money on Green but I'd be suprised if they do not pickup someone of waivers or trade a late RD pick for a solid vetran tackle.

Cofer
Arizona just cut Oliver Ross, he could be one of the "vetran o-lineman" the 49ers could pickup.
QB's (3)- Shuan Hill, Alex Smith, Nate Davis

RB's/FB's (5)- Frank Gore, Glenn Cofee, Kory Sheets, Moran Norris, Michael Robinson

WR's (6)- Issac Bruce, Josh Morgan, Arnaz Battle, Brandon Jones, Michael Crabtree, Michael Spurlock (if Crabtree doesen't sign before the season I think they will use the extra roster spot to keep Jason Hill)

TE's (3)- Vernon Davis, Delaine Walker, Bear Pascoe

O-Line (9)- Joe Staley, David Baas, Eric Heitman, Chilo Rachal, Adam Snyder, Tony Wragge, Barry Sims, Cody Wallace, FA pickup (I look for the team to pickup a guy of waivers or even in trade (Tony Pashos?) )

D-line (6)- Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin, Issac Sopoaga, Ray McDonald, Demetric Evans, Kentwan Balmer ( think there is a outside chance the team keeps 7 d-lineman and Ricky Jean-Francois makes the roster)

Linebackers (8)- Manny Lawson, Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks, Marques Harris, Scott McKillop, Jeff Ulbrich (There is an outside chance the team could keep Dyrall Briggs on the final roster if he has a strong game vs SD and it it looks like Ahmad Brooks won't be ready for the opener)

Cornerbacks (5)- Nate Clements, Dre Bly, Tarrell Brown, Shawntae Spencer, Marcus Hudson (I wouldn't be suprised at all if Eric Green makes the team with a strong performance against SD. It is tough to find solid corners with starting experince and I think Eric Green is just that. It's also possible he could just beat out Marcus Hudson but I doubt it and hope not because Hudson is a solid backu corner (and safety) and a really good ST's player.

Safeties (4)- Michael Lewis, Dashon Goldson, Mark Roman, Reggie Smith (I like Curtis Taylor's potential but I'd be really suprised if he makes the final roster but hopefully we can get him on the PS. If Lewis is not ready to go against AZ and looks like he may be shutting it down I would move Marcus Hudson back to safety and keep Eric Green)

KR- Allen Rossum
LS- Brian Jennings
K- Mike Coffer (just kidding, seeing if your paying attention) Joe Nedney
P- Andy Lee

Practice Squad:
Ricky Jean-Francois
Curtis Taylor
Dyrall Briggs
Dominique Ziegler
Alex Boone
Max Spanos
(that is a pretty solid ps)

So there it is, now if the team does only keep 8 O-Lineman, I think Eric Green, Dyrall Briggs or Ricky Jean-Francois make the finally roster with my money on Green but I'd be suprised if they do not pickup someone of waivers or trade a late RD pick for a solid vetran tackle.

IT is a disgrace that u have barry simms over Alex Boon OMG are u kidding me simms is trash and boon only dropped off the draft because of off the field issues.... bottom line F barry simms
Im not a Barry Sims fan but he is a vetran with starting experince and can play LT or RT. Boone is a raw rookie who is strictly a RT. Im sorry but Boone is not going to make it over Sims.

Also, scratch Crabtree off my list because after listening to Deion, I seriously doubt this kid ever plays for the 49ers. So I think Jason Hill will make the team.
Like I said, Alex Boone is not making the team. I look for Spurlock AND Jason Hill to make the team. Outside chance D.Briggs makes the team if Brooks is not ready to go next week and then he would be cut when Brooks is healthy and go to the PS.
receivers: Morgan, Bruce, Jones, Battle, Hill, Spurlock

????

wonder who gets cut when/if crabtree signs

I had been hard on Hill before but now I want him to make the team
Final Cuts

Let’s see if anyone can guess 53 of 53. Practice squad is the tie breaker.

OFFENSE (25)
TE: Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, JJ Finley
SE: Josh Morgan, Michael Spurlock
FL: Isaac Bruce, Brandon Jones
SL: Arnaz Battle, Jason Hill
RT: Adam Snyder, Barry Sims
RG: Chilo Rachal, Tony Wragge
C: Eric Heitmann, Cody Wallace
LG: David Baas
LT: Joe Staley
FB: Moran Norris, Michael Robinson
HB: Frank Gore, Glen Coffee, Kory Sheets
QB: Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, Nate Davis

DEFENSE (25)
RE: Justin Smith, Demetric Evans, Ray McDonald
NT: Aubrayo Franklin
LE: Isaac Sopoaga, Kentwan Balmer, Ricky Jean-Francios
SOLB: Manny Lawson, Marques Harris
SILB: Takeo Spikes, Scott McKillop
WILB: Patrick Willis, Jeff Ulbrich
WOLB: Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks
RC: Dre Bly, Shawnte Spencer, Marcus Hudson
LC: Nate Clements, Tarell Brown, Eric Green
FS: Dashon Goldson, Reggie Smith
SS: Michael Lewis, Mark Roman

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
PK: Joe Nedney
P: Andy Lee
PR/KR: (Spurlock)
LS: Brian Jennings

The last call was to keep RJF over Rossum. I don’t think Spurlock would be too much of a drop-off.

PRACTICE SQUAD (8)
OL: Alex Boone
OL: Matt Spanos
SS: Curtis Taylor
DT: Khalif Mitchell
TE: Bear Pascoe
FB: Britt Miller
OLB: Jay Moore
OLB: Diyral Briggs

See you back here tomorrow after the final cuts are announced.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Final Cuts

Let’s see if anyone can guess 53 of 53. Practice squad is the tie breaker.

OFFENSE (25)
TE: Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, JJ Finley
SE: Josh Morgan, Michael Spurlock
FL: Isaac Bruce, Brandon Jones
SL: Arnaz Battle, Jason Hill
RT: Adam Snyder, Barry Sims
RG: Chilo Rachal, Tony Wragge
C: Eric Heitmann, Cody Wallace
LG: David Baas
LT: Joe Staley
FB: Moran Norris, Michael Robinson
HB: Frank Gore, Glen Coffee, Kory Sheets
QB: Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, Nate Davis

DEFENSE (25)
RE: Justin Smith, Demetric Evans, Ray McDonald
NT: Aubrayo Franklin
LE: Isaac Sopoaga, Kentwan Balmer, Ricky Jean-Francios
SOLB: Manny Lawson, Marques Harris
SILB: Takeo Spikes, Scott McKillop
WILB: Patrick Willis, Jeff Ulbrich
WOLB: Parys Haralson, Ahmad Brooks
RC: Dre Bly, Shawnte Spencer, Marcus Hudson
LC: Nate Clements, Tarell Brown, Eric Green
FS: Dashon Goldson, Reggie Smith
SS: Michael Lewis, Mark Roman

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
PK: Joe Nedney
P: Andy Lee
PR/KR: (Spurlock)
LS: Brian Jennings

The last call was to keep RJF over Rossum. I don’t think Spurlock would be too much of a drop-off.

PRACTICE SQUAD (8)
OL: Alex Boone
OL: Matt Spanos
SS: Curtis Taylor
DT: Khalif Mitchell
TE: Bear Pascoe
FB: Britt Miller
OLB: Jay Moore
OLB: Diyral Briggs

See you back here tomorrow after the final cuts are announced.

What has Eric Green done to warrant a roster spot?
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Final Cuts

What has Eric Green done to warrant a roster spot?

Obviously not much in his short time here. Just a hunch they hang on to him because he's played in the NFC West the last four years.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 5, 2009 at 00:25:21 ]