There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Isaac Sopoaga

He is moving back to DT. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=SF
  • B650
  • Veteran
That's good, but he has said before he prefers end, so I'm mixed right now. We'll see. Personally, I think he's better at DT.
Originally posted by B650:
That's good, but he has said before he prefers end, so I'm mixed right now. We'll see. Personally, I think he's better at DT.

I don't care what position he plays on the D Line,as long as he's effective ALL YEAR
The guy friggin sucks.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The guy friggin sucks.

He's a solid NFL starter. Not great. Not bad. He's a nice piece to have.
The guy friggin sucks.

so true, so true. they always talk about how strong he is, and how athletic, but how many sacks does he get? and how many times does he add pressure on the qb? unless he feels the wrath of singletary. i guess this move means no signing of a NT this year.
Soap is on the wrong team. He needs to be in a 4-3. We should trade him if possible. If its taken 5 years to figure out where the guy should play on your team, its probably not a good fit.....
Originally posted by King49er:

I don't care what position he plays on the D Line,as long as he's effective ALL YEAR

Him being effective is like Obama's stimulas plan working!!
Soap is NOT a NT.

Here we go again trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

- this post from 2007:

Isaac Sopoaga simply cannot play nose tackle in the 3-4 defense. This is a guy who was touted three years ago as the strongest player coming out of the draft. Well, he wasn’t. He might have been able to bench press a lot, but his leg strength, his leverage and his technique are utterly lacking. And those are fare more important measures than the bench press. In the past two preseason games, Sopoaga has been getting blown of the line of scrimmage consistently, and not just when he’s double-teamed. Jeremy Newberry in particular had a field day with him. While the Raiders’ ability to move the ball on the ground is not necessarily cause for alarm since all three starting defensive linemen sat out the game, the 49ers better hope Aubrayo Franklin can hold the nose or they may find themselves reverting back to a 4-3 for the third year in a row. (It is difficult to tell whether Rookie Joe Cohen could do a better job than Sopoaga as backup NT, because he has only played against third-stringers.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/niners/2007/08/19/reactions-and-analysis-from-49ers-raiders-preseason-game/

I know the quote is about pre-season, but it was certainly a harbinger of the NT play for the 2007 season.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Mar 8, 2009 at 21:57:39 ]
I wonder if we could get a 4th rounder for him? I couldn't imagin getting a 3rd.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Dude I suggest you keep politics off of this board.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
The guy friggin sucks.

He's a solid NFL starter. Not great. Not bad. He's a nice piece to have.

Seriously hes a good player, not a dominant force but a good player.
  • Chavez49er255
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by wailers15:

Dude I suggest you keep politics off of this board.

Dude, its a joke, grow some thicker skin.
He was getting rag dolled and manhandled last year.

It was embarrassing.

I liked the guys' fire when he first arrived,but he just sucks, man.
really wanted to see what joe cohen could've done for us