There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how optimistic are you for 09 season

how optimistic are you for 09 season

Originally posted by jogr49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
I see 9-7.

Right now with the team as it is, I see 6-10 or 7-9. No better.

haha duude your trippin
with singletary we won more than half of the games we did with nolan
and that was for the second half the the season. imagine a whole season with sing.
plus, we have norris back. gore is a beast with moran norrs
pluss, we have a good draft spot instead of last years 29th.
plusss, we have rathman as a runningbacks coach, which will greatly help gore
plusssss, we signed demetric evans who is beastly, and we signed brandon jones to help out in our recieveing corps. and if we do sign torry holt, imagine how intimidating our offense would be.
hill/smith
gore
norris
our oline will be good with draft picks
bjones morgan hill battle mayb holt and a draft pick
vernon davis/walker

i see 10-6 with our shcedule
Originally posted by momoney925:
I see 9-7.

haha duude your trippin
and that was for the second half the the season. imagine a whole season with sing.
plusssss, we signed demetric evans who is beastly, and we signed brandon jones to help out in our recieveing corps. and if we do sign torry holt, imagine how intimidating our offense would be.
hill/smith
gore
norris
vernon davis/walker

let it never be said zoners don't have a sense of humor.

lol.

But seriously....what is your prediction?

I am going with an optimistic 8-8
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by momoney925:
I see 9-7.

haha duude your trippin
hill/smith
gore
norris
vernon davis/walker

let it never be said zoners don't have a sense of humor.

lol.

But seriously....what is your prediction?

I am going with an optimistic 8-8

Quote:

Nolan did the same thing once. Are you saying that Sing is going to go 10-6 every season because his small sampling size proves his winning percentage?

Quote:
and that was for the second half the the season. imagine a whole season with sing

exactly what Nolan did once. Second half of the season we played worst teams.

Quote:

I like Norris.....I don't really think of him as a difference maker myself.

Quote:

We have had a "good" draft spot for most of the decade. The rookies usually don't start, and usually off the team in 5 years. Hold on...breaking news...this just in....this year ALL 32 teams will be drafting,,,s**t...looks like everyone else will automagically improve their team through the draft also.

Quote:

Does Rathman possess the ability to consistently power through 8-9 in the box?

Quote:

I have only heard of one of these guys you are talking about. Hint, its the dude who we didn't actually sign.

Quote:
hill/smith

Could be the worst QB duo in the NFL

Quote:
gore

is 1 of 11 guys

Quote:
norris

Big biceps and a bus token will get you a bus ride

Quote:

please don't be near a cliff on opening day, it will be the same starters as last year

Quote:

Morgan and Hill are good young guys...its just too be bad they will probably see 3 passes thrown at them a game...kind of hard to develop talent in this manner

Quote:
vernon davis/walker

He said he was going to revolutionize the position, and he has done just that. Who knew a blocking TE could be so valuable. I expect the rest of the NFL to copy this strategy of drafting blocking TE's in the first round.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are going to suck for sure. We are looking at a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2010 and maybe even a top 5 pick.

Considering that our front office don't have a clue on how to look for talent in free agency and the fact that McClueless will for sure F***up the draft, I have to agree with you. McClueless has to go, He's everybit as bad as Donehue was.

I'd say close to playoffs b/c of our weak division and given the fect that we still have not addressed any of our major holes; that being a dominant NT, DE, RT and Pass rusher...we've become more vanilla on offense now and will probably be just as vanilla on defense as last year (the most vanilla 3-4 I've ever seen).
With manny, moe and jack as our QB 1,2,3 I have no reason to think we will overtake the division. Stranger things have happened though.

Singlertary > Nolan
Raye < Martz
2008 players ~ 2009 players

Without more significant player upgrades, I predict mediocre season.
I predict that the world will end opening day.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
San Francisco (2009 opponents)

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Green Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Houston, Indianapolis

If we go 1-1 vs Seattle and Arizona, beat St. Louis, beat Chicago, Detroit, Houston we have 7 wins minimum.
Originally posted by NinersCluebat:
San Francisco (2009 opponents)

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Green Bay, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Houston, Indianapolis

If we go 1-1 vs Seattle and Arizona, beat St. Louis, beat Chicago, Detroit, Houston we have 7 wins minimum.

Throw last years records out the window teams like the Lions, Bears, Rams will not be automatic wins we are not elite and cannot chalk up anything as a win before the game is even played!!! With that said I expect this team to be competitive and for Singletary to have some growing pains. Going back to the Norv style of offense with lots of play action and downfield throws I dont see Shaun Hill as the QB. A.Smith will steal the job and hopefully we finish 8-8 or 9-7. I wouldnt be surprised if Hasselbeck is back healthy and the Seahawks are much better than last year. We will have to earn our wins but I'm very excited especially about our defense with full strength Lawson and Goldson!
Very. Im sure that because of the man Bruce is, he will be back for his last year. He would have retired already, I believe, if he was leaning towards retirement.

Our defense is showing signs of greatness. Especially if we can add that run-stuffer, clogger in the middle. The feeling is to go defense with the first two picks unless Raji is gone at #10.

I dont think we'll be the force Sing is hoping for in the run game yet, but we can really open it up if Vernon shows he can be a threat at receiver.

Delanie needs to get in the passing game too, since he can catch.

Rossum, Nedney, Lee... check, check, and check.

I just dont think AS is going to start the season, because Shaun Hill has earned the spot with his smart decisions, and his better accuracy. I do think AS will finish the season though with more playing time, because his learning ability will get him in the line-up soon, I'm guessing week 4 or 5.

The only thing that really scares me for a run at the playoffs is AS and AS only. And I hope and believe that he can be good one day
Im hoping to break even at 8-8 but I see it being a 5-11 season as Sing sorts out the Nolan guys and quality football players.
8-8
Niner season will start off slow as usual but they will get it together before midseason and end up with a 9-7 record with a shot at the wild card
[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Mar 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM ]
For me it all hinges on one position and one position only, RT. If this isn't sured up we are dead in the water. We either need a team to cut a top talent because of cap, or pray to God we get a top tackle at the 10 spot.

As for saftey, I am confident Goldson (baring injury) will hold it down. Did you see him on TV49? The guy looks like a linebacker not a FS.

As for passrusher, sure, we all want the Suggs, Ware's and Merrimans of the NFL, but not many exist. Thats why they are such a hot commodity. News flash for everyone that thinks we are doomed without one, we did pretty well in the second half of the season with the personnel we have. I think a full off season and one more year of Willis, Spikes, Lawson and Haralson working together and we will be able to get after it. So while I would love a Peppers type of player I dont think isn't neccesary to be successful.....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home