LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

how optimistic are you for 09 season

Shop Find 49ers gear online

how optimistic are you for 09 season

• Veteran
6-10 if we are lucky 7-9. We just don't have the players to be a better team.
Because we are in the worst division in the NFL we have a real shot at the playoffs. Unfortunately we haven't improved ourselves as a team this far and recent history suggests our draft will be of little help as well. I also expect Seattle to be better, so we could be anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the division...:
7-8 again pending whatever we do but we have pretty much the same team, didnt really address our needs yet and added some scrubs and resigned some studs, but not enough to make an impact.
little optimistic

1- we need a starting QB of the future check

2- starting RT check

3- OLB/DE passrush check

4- back up RB check

5-FS check

6- big DT check

anything i forgot so our team needs to compete with the other 31 teams in the leauge.
fred taylor -byron leftwich-chris canty-shawn springs-khalif barnes-stacey andrews
jeff garcia-bart scott.

just a few names that would of made the upcoming season a liitle bit more optimistic.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are going to suck for sure. We are looking at a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2010 and maybe even a top 5 pick.

I'd expect nothing less from you.

• GeecheeNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tidissis08:
We are going to suck for sure. We are looking at a guaranteed top 10 pick in 2010 and maybe even a top 5 pick.

A 2010 top 5 pick is real possible.

Yeah but we can also win.The things is that I really think that our defense next season will be stronger. But im really worried about the offense.

The offense will be one of the worst in the league no doubt.

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.
~ A RB with injury history and if he goes down it's over.
~ No Offensive Coordinator either.

The defense is very overrated on this Webzone IMO.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ Defensive line is very suspect.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Patrick Willis is the best thing we have followed by Nate Clements and Walt Harris. But IMO this is not a very good defense overall. I've seen good NFL defenses. This is not one of them.

We had all of that last year and went 7-9. Oh by the way, JTO started the first half of the season, so.....

PD
Originally posted by GeecheeNiner:

Yeah but we can also win.The things is that I really think that our defense next season will be stronger. But im really worried about the offense.

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

Patrick Willis is the best thing we have followed by Nate Clements and Walt Harris. But IMO this is not a very good defense overall. I've seen good NFL defenses. This is not one of them.

We had all of that last year and went 7-9. Oh by the way, JTO started the first half of the season, so.....

PD

We are going to suck for sure. Hill + no O.C. plus no pass rush = a very bad season for sure.

• NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
Because we are in the worst division in the NFL we have a real shot at the playoffs. Unfortunately we haven't improved ourselves as a team this far and recent history suggests our draft will be of little help as well. I also expect Seattle to be better, so we could be anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the division...:

3rd or 4th IMO. Cards and Seatle are better in every way. Rams have better coaching and if their top picks start coming around they'll be better also.
  • GeecheeNiner
  • Info N/A

~ No QB.
~ No RT.
~ No WR's.
~ A TE who can't catch.

~ No pass rush.
~ No coverage at Safety.
~ OLB's underachieve.

PD

We are going to suck for sure. Hill + no O.C. plus no pass rush = a very bad season for sure.

C'mon SanDiego. I think we have enuff talent to make things shake. Our offense will click, and our defense will be on point. I know you an I heard this many of times on this forum, but trust I believe that we r going to turn th corner this year. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE NINERS!!!!!!

PD

Not much. 6-10 most likely, 7-9 with some luck.

No QB, No Pass Rush, Another green OC. An incompetent GM.

That about says it.
We have a lot of talent that we are unsure of, therefore that alone makes it hard to be optimistic.

1. Without Bruce, I worry what our WR core can bring to the table. Hill depended on Bruce because he is so great at getting open, and I am not sure our other recievers have that capacity.
2. Secondly, we are going to have a rookie RB aside Gore, so ya speaks for itself. 3. Our defense seems fairly solid since we are not playing the big sub package any more. My only worry is pass rush, which has always been the problem. We are not completely sure what we have with Manny or Parys, and we will probably be looking for rookie to step up as well, and our NT position is severely lacking
4. Obviously, we are going for a RT in the draft. That leaves Rachal and a rookie on the right side... all I can say is, "Ouch" (this is probably my biggest concern)

So with all the "potential" problems, it is very hard to be optimistic about 09.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
mark it down the San Francisco 49ers will re-take their rightful place atop the NFC west, we will win the division next season

I am with you bro...

PD

This type of comment makes one wonder how many mushrooms this person just ate.
Not very

7-9 or 8-8 we cant contend with the Cards
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:
I see 9-7.

Right now with the team as it is, I see 6-10 or 7-9. No better.
Share 49ersWebzone