There are 156 users in the forums

Evans Just SIGNED CONTRACT with the 49ers!!! (Updated)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Return2glory:
Evans has left the building ... without a contract.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/03/evans-leaves-town-without-a-deal.html

He turned down an offer from us

Where did it say that? I'm impressed with the ability of some of you to inject whatever you want into articles posted on this forum. All it said, was that he was going to go back home to DC and mull it over.

Rotoworld.com (NFL Player News )

Says nothing on Rotoworld about him turning down an offer, it just says he's considering offers and going to decide by friday. It also says that he may go back to the redskins because he would most likely start after the release of Jason Taylor and he would only be a rotational player with us. Big stinkin deal, if he wants to go back to the Skins to start, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Quote:
The 49ers offered free agent DL Demetric Evans a two-year deal, but he didn't sign and has left San Francisco.

Sounds like we offered him a contract and he didn't sign (hence turning it down)

Oh well, he wants a chance to be a starter which he probably would not be in San Fran, no biggie.

I don't really care, it's not like he would be much of an impact anyways.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/03/evans-leaves-town-without-a-deal.html

Where did it say that? I'm impressed with the ability of some of you to inject whatever you want into articles posted on this forum. All it said, was that he was going to go back home to DC and mull it over.

Says nothing on Rotoworld about him turning down an offer, it just says he's considering offers and going to decide by friday. It also says that he may go back to the redskins because he would most likely start after the release of Jason Taylor and he would only be a rotational player with us. Big stinkin deal, if he wants to go back to the Skins to start, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Quote:
The 49ers offered free agent DL Demetric Evans a two-year deal, but he didn't sign and has left San Francisco.

Sounds like we offered him a contract and he didn't sign (hence turning it down)

So now, when someone says that they are going to go home and decide what they want to do that means they turned down the offer? I'm not saying he's a shoe in to sign here, but by going back to Washington to mull over his options does not mean he's turned us down. If and when he signs with the Skins (who have absolutely no money) then he will have turned down our offer.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Quote:

So now, when someone says that they are going to go home and decide what they want to do that means they turned down the offer? I'm not saying he's a shoe in to sign here, but by going back to Washington to mull over his options does not mean he's turned us down. If and when he signs with the Skins (who have absolutely no money) then he will have turned down our offer.

Sounds like he wasn't too thrilled about it, plus with the fact he should very well be a starter in Washington means the chances of him coming here are pretty slim.

Plus i think you kind of over reacted to what i said anyways.

Quote:

Sounds like he wasn't too thrilled about it, plus with the fact he should very well be a starter in Washington means the chances of him coming here are pretty slim.

The point of my post is this: your opinion does not equal the truth. Until someone actually SAYS they turn us down, then you are completely wrong. Use some logic when posting, and then I won't address what you said in such a harsh manner. You can't expect to say untrue things and not have people call you out on it. As you can see above, I wasn't the only one.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Quote:

The point of my post is this: your opinion does not equal the truth. Until someone actually SAYS they turn us down, then you are completely wrong. Use some logic when posting, and then I won't address what you said in such a harsh manner. You can't expect to say untrue things and not have people call you out on it. As you can see above, I wasn't the only one.

I interpreted it as he left SF and didn't sign a contract, and I'm sure many people just like yourself care so much about Demetric Evans and if he turned the 49ers down.

Also I don't think anyone here takes what i say as gospel. Maybe you believe everyone here is gullible and will believe anything that is said, but i hold the members of this board in a little higher regard.
Who cares if he signs back with Washington before this whole thing about him coming to visit i didnt even know this guy existed hes prob anyways another version of TBC.
SCREW HIM & THE REST OF THE SON'S OF B**C*E* WHO COME INTO TOWN WINE & DINE & BOUNCE

Quote:

I interpreted it as he left SF and didn't sign a contract, and I'm sure many people just like yourself care so much about Demetric Evans and if he turned the 49ers down.

Also I don't think anyone here takes what i say as gospel. Maybe you believe everyone here is gullible and will believe anything that is said, but i hold the members of this board in a little higher regard.

You're completely missing the point. Do I have to bold it for you? Please see above. Don't put words in my mouth. You "interpreted it" as he turned us down. Not that he didn't sign a contract. That point was already made. You are wrong with what you said, because YOU DON'T KNOW. None of us do. That is my point, don't make comments as the truth when they are not, it's obnoxious.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Quote:

You're completely missing the point. Do I have to bold it for you? Please see above. Don't put words in my mouth. You "interpreted it" as he turned us down. Not that he didn't sign a contract. That point was already made. You are wrong with what you said, because YOU DON'T KNOW. None of us do. That is my point, don't make comments as the truth when they are not, it's obnoxious.

I simply typed what I had read and interpreted. I wasn't reporting it by any means, if you wanna take every single post in this entire forum as seriously as you have taken mine then good luck cause you got a lot of ground to cover.

Jeez some people. Maybe lay off the extra cup of coffee yeah?
I didn't see how he was going to play in the 3-4 anyways. He was only 285 pounds and that is light to play 3-4 and too big to be an OLB. I would like to know what's going on with Igor. He would be a better fit.
Originally posted by steiber:
I didn't see how he was going to play in the 3-4 anyways. He was only 285 pounds and that is light to play 3-4 and too big to be an OLB. I would like to know what's going on with Igor. He would be a better fit.

Too light? IMO, borderline for a 3-4 end would be 280. I prefer them to be 290, but it depends on their size.

Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

Too light? IMO, borderline for a 3-4 end would be 280. I prefer them to be 290, but it depends on their size.

Since they have to go up against two OL on some plays, yes I think it's too light. For a 4-3 DE, I think that would be perfect, IMO.
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

Since they have to go up against two OL on some plays, yes I think it's too light. For a 4-3 DE, I think that would be perfect, IMO.

Well depends what you're looking for. If you want a run stopping end then yeah, 280 is good size. If you want someone to rush the passer then I'd say 250-260 would be the desired weight. But the players weight must go with their height. If that makes any sense.

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Mar 4, 2009 at 15:12:42 ]
Evans is deciding between the Redskins and 49ers. We should know by Friday.

link
  • krich22
  • Info N/A
ProFootballTalk.com just said we signed Evans.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/04/evans-chooses-niners/
Share 49ersWebzone