There are 229 users in the forums

Was Hostler really that bad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll put my answer this way... "i think Jimmy Raye was an upgrade over Hostler..."
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by the_woad:
He was worse than everyone remembers. It was the only time I was truly embarrassed to call myself a niner fan.

How bout when David Bass' snap on MNF went about 13 feet over Alex's head for a safety? That did it for me...

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Raye was HostlerPro

like the MacBook Pro to the MacBook
like CS5 to Photoshop Elements
is this a serious question?
When Hostler was OC I often thought the best 3rd down option we had was punting. Seriously.
Was Hostler really that bad? umm YES!
He was pretty bad. But did you ever think that maybe its because they had no QB to work with? They were trying to cover up our weakness on offense, QB, by running the ball most of the time.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
He was pretty bad. But did you ever think that maybe its because they had no QB to work with? They were trying to cover up our weakness on offense, QB, by running the ball most of the time.

It will become evident this year if the lack of QB play dictated the offense or if the inept OC dictated the lack of offense.

We will have our answer. If Johnson cannot get this offense moving, then it will be obvious with miss-throws and a million checkdowns.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

It will become evident this year if the lack of QB play dictated the offense or if the inept OC dictated the lack of offense.

We will have our answer. If Johnson cannot get this offense moving, then it will be obvious with miss-throws and a million checkdowns.

Funny thing is or d gets burned by checkdowns constantly.maybe out works in practice so they figure it will work in games lol
Hostler's new boy Anquan Boldin tore it up yesterday. It must be the brilliant coaching.

Yes, We brought back former OC Ted Toller in to basically take over late in the season. It was only then that our offense started moving the ball. Example, the arizona game we won in OT where warner fumbled in end zone.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hostler's new boy Anquan Boldin tore it up yesterday. It must be the brilliant coaching.

Oh yes I forgot t hat Anquan Bildin was a nobody and that Hostler has made him a star. My bad.

Hostler had no idea of calling plays. Raye had flashes ( see MNF) of good games ,even last year with the spread it did not look that bad. Hostler to the contrary had flashes of not beeing terrible but just awful.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Oh yes I forgot t hat Anquan Bildin was a nobody and that Hostler has made him a star. My bad.

Hostler had no idea of calling plays. Raye had flashes ( see MNF) of good games ,even last year with the spread it did not look that bad. Hostler to the contrary had flashes of not beeing terrible but just awful.

Hostler is only a WR coach in Baltimore. That dude has no say in any play call ever. Ray Lewis would call plays before Hostler would.
Yes, hostler the hose, was that bad. Bad as JR, bad as BM , bad as noln, erickson, donashole, ah heck you know the list. But hose was REALLY bad.
retail and wholesale jerseys of NBA NHL NFL MLB NCAA and soccer jerseys www.jersey-boys.com
Share 49ersWebzone