LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by JMC52:
Mark Roman, Alex Smith and a 2nd round pick to denver for Culter....does that sound kinda fair?

I don't see why everybody is saying goodbye to Roman.

Hate to break the news, but he'll be here next year.

He's given the opportunity to seek a trade b/c he wants to start. That means another team has to:

1) want him to be their starter.
2) want him bad enough to give up a draft pick for him.

Best case scenario is we get a sixth round pick or a poor to marginal player for him, but that's unlikely.

He'll be backing up Goldson next year (and starting next year when Goldson gets hurt again to boot).

6th or 7th it doesn't matter remember the pats drafted brady on the 7th round lmao if a team would trade roman with their 7th round pick and that player turns out similarly to brady. I am just wishful dreaming but I am happy that there is a clarifications that he won't start with us next year.
Goldson better stay healthy!
This is a very weak FA class at FS. Hopefully, he'll be able to pull in a 5th for us. I think a 4th would be the absolute best case scenerio.
  • NYSunDevil49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by strickac:
This is a very weak FA class at FS. Hopefully, he'll be able to pull in a 5th for us. I think a 4th would be the absolute best case scenerio.

No chance in hell we get more than a 7th for him. I'd be doing cartwheels for a 6th.
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A

does he really think a team is going to give up something for him...
wtf are we waiting for?
I hope Mike Nolan wants him.
Originally posted by nothing03:
6th or 7th it doesn't matter remember the pats drafted brady on the 7th round lmao if a team would trade roman with their 7th round pick and that player turns out similarly to brady. I am just wishful dreaming but I am happy that there is a clarifications that he won't start with us next year.

6th round.

-9fA
Originally posted by NYSunDevil49er:
Originally posted by strickac:

No chance in hell we get more than a 7th for him. I'd be doing cartwheels for a 6th.

He's a signal caller, so that bodes well for him. Roman is an average safety. We need a center fielder and that is his weakness. Just because he doesn't fit what we're looking for, it doesn't mean he won't find any takers.

A 4th would be a miracle, but I think a 5th is not too far off.

Actually, on second thought (I didn't realize he was 32), I don't think he'll find a trade partner. For a guy that old and with his ability, we'd be lucky to get a 6th for him.

I stand corrected.
Best news so far this week.

Roman and a conditional pick (no higher than fifth, based on playing time) for Dawan Landry from the Ravens.

He's coming off an injury and they just lost Leonhard, so they decide having the healthy body is better than taking a chance on Dawan.

We on the other hand can take a chance that he returns to form because we have Goldson if he doesn't, and he play both safety sports at a high level. And lord knows we love that versatility.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Roman and a conditional pick (no higher than fifth, based on playing time) for Dawan Landry from the Ravens.

He's coming off an injury and they just lost Leonhard, so they decide having the healthy body is better than taking a chance on Dawan.

We on the other hand can take a chance that he returns to form because we have Goldson if he doesn't, and he play both safety sports at a high level. And lord knows we love that versatility.

what round was landry drafted in, cause thats the compensation needed to sign him away, and if its higher than a 5th, say a 3rd, then i dont see how Ravens left Landry go for a conditional 5th and Friggin Mark Roman. Just cant see it happening.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
On a side note, I think it's big of Singletary to be upfront with Roman. Players have to respect that. Moves like that will make guys want to play/fight for him.

Around the league, I bet a lot of guy are taking note of that. Hopefully, that trend continues and he can generate a buzz, so that guys start looking at San Fran as a potential suitor in the future.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I would give up a 4th rounder TO GET RID OF HIM.

I would give him away for a taco.
Share 49ersWebzone