There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Opinion on Manny Lawson

Not a bust. But hasn't been as good as people have hoped. He is still young, and may work out to be something good for the team. The year out with an injuiry was a significant setback, so the verdict is still out. Personally, I don;t think he is a guy to get too worked up over, either positive or neagative. More of a role player than a dominant player other teams have to game plan against.
He is a solid player and is only going to get better. i can see him putting up some big numbers this next season.
  • DUKEDIEGO
  • Info N/A
IT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE WE START SEEING SOME MORE HITS LIKE THIS...

[/code]
Destroyer of souls. Offensive players shall tremble and defecate.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I think 2009 could be a BIG YEAR for Manny Lawson. As long as he can stay healthy, I think Manny will see a lot more playing time in our defense next season. I would like to see what Manny could do when given more of a chance to rush the passer. How do you think Manny will do in Greg Manusky's defense?

I think as he plays more and gets healthy he'll get 7-8 sacks in 09. He didn't play much at all in the first half of this year and neither did Parys. Willis and Spikes were the 2 LBs in the 4-2-5 Nolan loved which made no sense to me but oh well. When he was playing special teams he had some pretty explosive plays like the blocked FG. He is an explosive athlete but he's not a dominant pass rusher, so hopefully as he gets more time out there he can be closer to the player we all hoped he would be when he was drafted.
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by susweel:
Manny is the most overrated player in the webzone.

Meh . . . ONE of the more overrated players . . . not by everyone, only those who are typically making excuses for every high pick of the Niners who fails to meet expectations (there have been a few of those).
He has not filled the role the team had hoped he would, viz, pass rusher. That's what we really need and still lack from the OLB position. We've seen enough to know that Manny will NEVER be dominant in that role IMO. All the other supposed skills he has are just excuses and cover-ups. In watching him play, he lacks a certain fluidity and instinctiveness to be great IMO.
So he's an adequate player, but not a reason to curtail our search for a dominant one at that position. He's not at Julian Peterson's level - people ought to stop making that comparison.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Destroyer of souls. Offensive players shall tremble and defecate.

Are you the Ultimate Warrior? lol

Care to explain?
Originally posted by Thizz415:

Care to explain?

Overrated pass-rusher, but underrated in all other aspects of the game.
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Originally posted by Thizz415:

Care to explain?

Overrated pass-rusher, but underrated in all other aspects of the game.

He barely gets sent on blitzes. I admit he isn't as good as some people say but he definitely isn't as bad as some think.
Manny, VD and Alex are what is wrong with the 49ers. High draft picks that have not produced.
Manny, VD and Alex are what is wrong with the 49ers. High draft picks that have not produced.

I do expect that to change in 2009!!!
Originally posted by PTulini:

I do expect that to change in 2009!!!

I hope so, but I dont expect much from those three.
  • GOLDBLITZ1981
  • Info N/A
Seriously guys, Julian Peterson wasn't all that productive with the Niners. 21.5 sacks in 6 yrs. I know there is more to it than that and I am not saying he was a bad player at all. He was a damn good player. What I am saying is we didn't lose much and taking their age into consideration, I would prefer Lawson on my team.

Peterson got better after he left which is further evidence of our poor coaching.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home